N F L - National Football League

Redskins vs Cowboys -- Cowboys (as long as Bledsoe doesn't diddle-daddle in the pocket again)

Giants vs Eagles -- my bet is on the Eagles here

- - - - -

Panthers vs Vikings -- odds are even for these teams coming off wins last weekend, but I believe the Panthers would have the edge here

Texans vs Colts -- are you kidding? Colts definitely

Bills vs Dolphins -- Dolphins will win this one

Raiders vs Ravens -- Ravens; Raiders will have another tough weekend

Palpak ang aking sports predicting skills this week, kalahati lang ng mga hula ko ang pumasok. Tama ang hula ko sa Cowboys, Ravens and Colts. Pero sablay ako sa Eagles, Panthers at Dolphins :thumbsdownsmiley:

Dinaan sa utakan ng Vikings yung last play nila sa 4th quarter to force the OT. Raiders, wala talaga, they suck big time. Yung Dolphins, booed by the crowd dahil walang cohesiveness as a unit. Buti na lang maayos-ayos laro ni Bledsoe dahil kung hindi, baka mapalitan sya ni Romo at maulit na naman ang nangyari sa kanya nung nasa Pats sya na nawala sa kanya ang starting QB position. Yun namang sa Pats eh dahil sa injury at nag-shine si Brady pero dito sa Cowboys, kelangan ni Drew ipakita ang kaya nya dahil walang magagawa si Parcells pag sinabi ng owners na palitan na si Bledsoe pag nagkalat ulit.

Wawa naman si Chris Simms, down na down na talaga ang mamang ito. Sama mo na si Carr -- mukhang on course na naman sya for an NFL record - Most Sacks in a Season :boo: Si Culpepper wawa din, sacked 7 times.

Another exciting week for the NFL

- Steelers were shut out by the Jags; definitely a statement game for the Jags; Good old Fred Taylor must have found the fountain of youth - 2 consecutive good games for him

- 1st win for TO as a Cowboy but he hurt his finger; i hope he gets recovered soon in time for their match in Philly

- don't count out the Patriots as one of the SuperBowl favorites - they are still winning; another case of teacher (Bellichick) winning over the student (Mangini)

- Dolphins are now 0-2; hmmm, I would have expected more from Nick Saban to have the Dolphins challenge the Patriots in their division; but its still early in the season

- Vikings are surprisingly 2-0 in their post-Culpepper era

- Bengals are serious title contenders this year; perhaps an MVP award for Palmer?

- Nice win for the Giants; could be the turnaround game for Eli and the Giants

- Ravens has not allowed a touchdown from their first 2 games ... nasty

- Texans still sucks ... starting to regret that they did not pick Bush?

- yes, Saints are undefeated ... it would be a feel good story if they make the playoffs this year

Another exciting week for the NFL

- Steelers were shut out by the Jags; definitely a statement game for the Jags; Good old Fred Taylor must have found the fountain of youth - 2 consecutive good games for him

- 1st win for TO as a Cowboy but he hurt his finger; i hope he gets recovered soon in time for their match in Philly

- don't count out the Patriots as one of the SuperBowl favorites - they are still winning; another case of teacher (Bellichick) winning over the student (Mangini)

- Dolphins are now 0-2; hmmm, I would have expected more from Nick Saban to have the Dolphins challenge the Patriots in their division; but its still early in the season

- Vikings are surprisingly 2-0 in their post-Culpepper era

- Bengals are serious title contenders this year; perhaps an MVP award for Palmer?

- Nice win for the Giants; could be the turnaround game for Eli and the Giants

- Ravens has not allowed a touchdown from their first 2 games ... nasty

- Texans still sucks ... starting to regret that they did not pick Bush?

- yes, Saints are undefeated ... it would be a feel good story if they make the playoffs this year

I'm still not sold on the Jags. Pero I've been wrong before.

The Dolphins will lose more. I just don't think they are good enough to challenge New England.

I'm rooting for Chad Johnson, so I'm a bit biased when I say that they could be in the big dance this season.

Texans? After not picking Bush, I've ceased to even look at them.

It would be great for the people of New Orleans if the Saints have a great season.

The Giants I think would repeat last year's performance.

The Ravens go where their offense takes them. I know their defense is the bomb but it has been their lack of offense the past few seasons that has killed their chances.

Pero great analysis doc. Well done.

The Dolphins will not be a contender as long as Culpepper remains the QB. I am from Minneapolis, Minnesota and I watched Culppepper throughout his entire career with the Vikings. All I can say is that he is more of a liability than an asset. He gets so much hype because of his size and physical ability. The pproblem is that he does not have the smarts. He makes critical mistakes at critical times like he did this past weekend.

The Vikings, on the other hand, are doing well. Why? They now have a QB with less physical talents than Culpepper but much smarter. The new coach also has shown so far that he has the mind to be a great coach. The true test will be this weekend when they play 2-0 Chicago Bears.

thanks for the clarification jameslim :cool:

I stand corrected. Dude the NFL games will only be shown on Solar Sports for both live and replay games

I read in the newspaper that they are transferring all the sports programs except for basketball to Solar sports and i think they will be renaming the Sports Plus to Basketball Channel

Great come from behind win by the Giants against the Eagles!! :cool:

What's happening to the Dolphins?? they were suppose to be one of the favorites coming out of the AFC. Culpepper and the Dolphins are off to a slow start this season.

My fearless Week 3 predictions

Giants at Bills

- Eli had a good game last week, but many still question his consistency

- home team (Bills) would win

Bengals at Steelers

- tough one to call; Bengals are one of the favorites to go all the way this year (Palmer for MVP?), but the Steelers are still good

- I'd go with Bengals at this one

Jags at Colts

- battle for division supremacy; great offense (Colts) vs. great defense (Jags)

- slight advantage with home team; I'd pick Colts

Titans at Dolphins

- Dolpins are supposed to be a good team this season but they are still 0-2

- this could be perfect time for Dophins to get their 1st win

Redskins at Texans

- I still can't believe the Texans passed on Bush in the draft

- can Texans win a game this year?; my pick is Redskins

Bears at Vikings

- if I have to make a pick this early on who will win the SuperBowl, then I would go for the Bears; their defense is superb, plus Grossman is playing much better this season

Panthers at Bucaneers

- Bucs are dead last in running the ball and stopping the run

- Bucs will go 0-3; Panthers will win

Packers at Lions

- it would be a pity if Favre will finish his career with a worse record than last year (4-12)

- this is one of the few "winnable" games for the Packers; go Packers

Ravens at Browns

- I agree with one of the previous posts that Baltimore goes wherever their offense can take them; but Cleveland is also a poor offensive team

- Ravens to go 3-0 (and perhaps 3 weeks of not allowing a single touchdown?)

Rams at Cardinals

- Warner faces his old team

- look for Edge to have a good game; go Cards

Giants at Seahawks

- Seahawks would break the "tradition" of SuperBowl losers (for the last 5 years I think?) of not making the playoffs the year after

- Seahwaks will win

Eagles at 49ers

- despite the Eagles' breakdown last week, they are playing well

- Eagles will win

Broncos at Patriots

- day of revenge for the Pats

- Pats will win on a close game

Falcons at Saints

- perhaps the (emotional) game of the week that will overshdow the Broncos-Patriots and Jags-Colts game

- its understandable that a lot of people will root for the Saints on their 1st home game since Katrina, but the Falcons have rushed for 2 consecutive 250 yard games

- expect a bruising-running game, but I would lean towards the Falcons

Giants at Bills

Giants at Seahawks

- Seahawks would break the "tradition" of SuperBowl losers (for the last 5 years I think?) of not making the playoffs the year after

- Seahwaks will win

Made a mistake in an earlier post. It should be Jets at Bills.

- Jets might be playing without Coles

- slight advantage for the Bills, but it could be an "ugly" win as they will try to run all day with McGahee (40+ carries in their 1st 2 games)

What's happening to the Dolphins?? they were suppose to be one of the favorites coming out of the AFC. Culpepper and the Dolphins are off to a slow start this season.

I would anticipate that the Dolphins will take a run-heavy approach in their next game against the Titans, to take some pressure off Culpepper. Ronnie Brown hasnt had a 20+ carries game this season, but look for him to be more active this time. The Titans surrendered 200+ running yards in their last game against the Chargers.

Giants at Bills

Bengals at Steelers

- tough one to call; Bengals are one of the favorites to go all the way this year (Palmer for MVP?), but the Steelers are still good

- I'd go with Bengals at this one

Jags at Colts

- battle for division supremacy; great offense (Colts) vs. great defense (Jags)

- slight advantage with home team; I'd pick Colts

Titans at Dolphins

- Dolpins are supposed to be a good team this season but they are still 0-2

- this could be perfect time for Dophins to get their 1st win

Redskins at Texans

- I still can't believe the Texans passed on Bush in the draft

- can Texans win a game this year?; my pick is Redskins

Bears at Vikings

- if I have to make a pick this early on who will win the SuperBowl, then I would go for the Bears; their defense is superb, plus Grossman is playing much better this season

Panthers at Bucaneers

- Bucs are dead last in running the ball and stopping the run

- Bucs will go 0-3; Panthers will win

Packers at Lions

- it would be a pity if Favre will finish his career with a worse record than last year (4-12)

- this is one of the few "winnable" games for the Packers; go Packers

Ravens at Browns

- I agree with one of the previous posts that Baltimore goes wherever their offense can take them; but Cleveland is also a poor offensive team

- Ravens to go 3-0 (and perhaps 3 weeks of not allowing a single touchdown?)

Rams at Cardinals

- Warner faces his old team

- look for Edge to have a good game; go Cards

Giants at Seahawks

- Seahwaks will win

Eagles at 49ers

- despite the Eagles' breakdown last week, they are playing well

- Eagles will win

Broncos at Patriots

- day of revenge for the Pats

- Pats will win on a close game

Falcons at Saints

- perhaps the (emotional) game of the week that will overshdow the Broncos-Patriots and Jags-Colts game

- its understandable that a lot of people will root for the Saints on their 1st home game since Katrina, but the Falcons have rushed for 2 consecutive 250 yard games

- expect a bruising-running game, but I would lean towards the Falcons

hmmm, got 10 out of 14 correct .. not bad :cool:

incorrect predictions:

1. Jets over Bills

- another good game for McGahee but it wasnt enough

2. Rams over Cardinals

- Warner must have thought he was a Ram again; he had 4 turnovers

3. Broncos over Patriots

- kudos to the Broncos defense shut out the running game of the Pats

4. Saints over Falcons

- oh my, i predicted this completely wrong; welcome home, Saints!!!

correct predictions:

1. Bengals over Steelers

- 4 TDs for Palmer; the defending champs are now 1-2

2. Colts over Jags

- except for that 1 punt return TD by the Colts, the Jags had a good game plan of milking the clock and thereby limiting the touches for Manning

3. Dolphins over Titans

- Culpepper had another poor game, but a win is a win

4. Redskins over Texans

- how bad is Texans defense? 96-yr old Brunell (ok, he's 36) completed his first 22 passes, a new NFL record

- Texans going for an 0-16 record? let the countdown begin

5. Bears over Vikings

- the Bears are my early favorite to win the SB, but this game was much closer than I thought (Vikings defense is something to watch out for this season)

6. Panthers over Bucs

- welcome back Steve Smith, but it was a sweet victory for Keyshawn over his former team

7. Packers over Lions

- another excellent game for Favre (2 straight multi-TDs game)

8. Ravens over Browns

- a close one for the Ravens (who were down 14-3 in the 4th) as it took a game-winning FG to win the game

9. Seahawks over Giants

- Giants were almost 40 points down in the 2nd half, before another spirited rally ... but it wasnt enough in the end

10. Eagles over 49ers

- Westbrook could be the darkhorse in the MVP race if he keeps playing like this

Week 4 roundup

- Eagles had a good 2nd half to beat Favre and the Packers (31-9); this is a good preparation for the Eagles before they take on T.O. and the Cowboys next week; both starting runnng backs (Westbrook and Green) were out;

- Bears beating the Seahawks (37-6) of what could be a preview of the NFC championship game; sure Seahawks missed Alexander, but I'm not sure if his presence would have reversed the result; the next 6 games for the Bears are Bills, Cardinals, 49ers, Dolphins, Giants, and Jets - a possible 10-0 start?

- Colts over the Jets (31-28); Jets almost caused an upset if not for Manning's late game heroics; during his time with the Patriots as defensive coordinator, Mangini (now the Jets head coach) and Bellichick have dominated the Colts - Mangini must have brought with him some their playbook before

- Pats over Bengals (38-13); a nice win by the Pats after a loos to Denver last week; thanks to rookie Maroney, the Pats running game is back

- Browns over Raiders (24-21); Browns get 1st win in a battle of winlees teams; Raiders led 21-3 in the 1st half

- Texans getting 1st win of the season, beating Dolphins (17-15); 1st overall pick Mario Wiliams getting his 1st NFL sack, and made a game-saving play at the end; its either the Texans are finally showing signs of improvement, or the Dolphins really s*ck this season

- Ravens beating Chargers (16-13); its a battle of the top 2 defenses in the NFL, and the low scores is a testament on that; while the Chargers seems like on its way to a 3-0 start, McNair must have turned back the hands of time as he spearheaded 1 final drive for the Ravens, even running for 1st down in one play

- Rams beating the Lions in a shootout (41-34); this is a blast of past of the "Greatest Show on Turf"; and to complete the shootout, the architect of that great Rams offense a few years back is Mike Martz, who is now the offensive coordinator for the Lions

in other games

- Falcons over Cardinals (32-10); Warner had another horrendous game; maybe its time for Leinart to take over?

- Panthers ending Saints dream start (21-18)

- Cowboys over Titans (45-14); T.O. played

- Bills over Vikings (17-12)

- Chiefs over 49ers (41-0)

For those still interested in playing flag football, we have an existing league here in the Philippines. It's the Philippine Flag Football Association or the PFFL. We have 3 formats every year the men's and ladies 9's, the men's and ladies 7's and the 5's. We've scrapped the coed format and now have an all male and all female league. We have recently created a developmental league for newbies who want to take it slow. For those interested just PM me and I can help you get started. If we can get enough guys and/or ladies together then maybe there can be enough to form your own team.