Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Strikeforce: 'Heavy Artillery' Results

265 lbs.: Alistair Overeem def. Brett Rogers via TKO, Round 1, 3:40

265 lbs.: Antonio Silva def. Andrei Arlovski via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)

185 lbs.: Ronaldo Souza def. Joey Villasenor via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)

205 lbs.: Roger Gracie def. Kevin Randleman via submission (RNC), Round 2, 4:10

205 lbs.: Rafael Cavalcante def. Antwain Britt via TKO, Round 1, 3:45

170 lbs.: Jesse Finney def. Justin DeMoney via submission (guillotine choke), Round 1, 3:22

155 lbs.: Lyle Beerbohm def. Vitor Ribeiro via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27)

205 lbs.: Darryl Cobb def. Booker DeRousse via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)

155 lbs.: Mike Chandler def. Sal Woods via submission (RNC), Round 1, 0:59

205 lbs.: Fransisco France def. Lee Brousseau via submission (RNC), Round 1, 1:27

155 lbs.: Tom Aaron def. Erik Steenberg via submission (guillotine choke), Round 1, 0:56

155 lbs.: Matt Ricehouse def. Greg Wilson via submission (RNC), Round 3, 0:45

dapat na ata magretire si Arlovski... :unsure:

The Overeem fight was what was expected. An elite kickboxer throwing some brutal kicks to the legs of a well known brawler.

Hmmm.. If Fedor wins against Werdum, SF has no other fight left than Overeem vs Rogers..

Un eh kung mag aagree sila na maglaban.. Highly unlikely pero that would be something to look forward to..

On other news: the Ricardo Mayorga vs. Din Thomas fight along with every fight in the Shine Fight World's Collide event was canceled due to court agreeing with Don King that Mayorga has an exclusive combat sports contract with him.. Damn that Don King, would've love to see Din Thomas submit that cocky Mayorga..

impressive victory by overeem. just goes to show how overrated rogers is as he had nothing to offer.

fedor vs. overeem would be a great fight, but with what i have seen lately with overeem i'd have to put my money on him.

Rogers never had a chance, not even a puncher's chance. That's what happens when a brawler faces a top of the food chain, K-1 level striker like The Reem.

Trying to play out Fedor vs. The Reem, it's gonna look creepily familiar to the start of Fedor's fight with Arlovski back in Affliction: Day of Reckoning, where Andrei was picking Fedor apart before he channeled his inner Jose Aldo and tried to land a flying knee. And we all knew how that ended. XD

Oh, and it's time for DREAM.14 and the White Cage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK0mFlRpSCo&feature=player_embedded

Edited by Knucklehead7

lapit na ang Evans vs Rampage!!! cant wait for rampage to KO the nipple tweaking loud mouth rashad! WAR Rampage!!!!

I honestly don't know who to root for. Suga is obviously the more polished, and Rampage is the more powerful (just my 2 cents), so it's pretty close to a tossup. The money matchup would be Shogun - Rampage 2, and Shad didn't really prove a point on the Thiago Silva fight.

I honestly don't know who to root for. Suga is obviously the more polished, and Rampage is the more powerful (just my 2 cents), so it's pretty close to a tossup. The money matchup would be Shogun - Rampage 2, and Shad didn't really prove a point on the Thiago Silva fight.

Yup,as a Fan of Pride FC, I also want Shogun vs Rampage 2! mas astig yun magiging laban kase they are going to try to KO each other. Unlike the boring lay and pray wrestling ni Rashad

Yup,as a Fan of Pride FC, I also want Shogun vs Rampage 2! mas astig yun magiging laban kase they are going to try to KO each other. Unlike the boring lay and pray wrestling ni Rashad

yup. sadly though... I suspect Greg Jackson would have a superior game plan prepared for Rampage and yeah it'll probabbly involve Evans superior wrestling (yep obviously sugar has the wrestling advantage in this one). If I were Greg Jackson I'd look at the Forrest Griffin fight and check out how Forrest used reach first to keep the fight at a distance (this would be replaced by Shad's quick lateral movement in this case as he did in the fight with Chuck) and then controlled Rampage on the ground. If he mixes up what he did in the Liddell fight and the Thiago Silva fight I don't even know if Rampage would be able to land any type of damage at all. It'd be a safe game plan (though boring as hell of course)

I think Shad's speed and quick footwork and his takedowns will be the difference in this one unless Rampage lands one of those hammers.

Make no mistake about it though I want Rampage to win... as many of you have pointed out a rematch between him and Shogun Rua would be quite a treat. As joe rogan often likes to point out it'd be 'the best' rampage jackson versus (perhaps) 'the best' shogun rua.

yup. sadly though... I suspect Greg Jackson would have a superior game plan prepared for Rampage and yeah it'll probabbly involve Evans superior wrestling (yep obviously sugar has the wrestling advantage in this one). If I were Greg Jackson I'd look at the Forrest Griffin fight and check out how Forrest used reach first to keep the fight at a distance (this would be replaced by Shad's quick lateral movement in this case as he did in the fight with Chuck) and then controlled Rampage on the ground. If he mixes up what he did in the Liddell fight and the Thiago Silva fight I don't even know if Rampage would be able to land any type of damage at all. It'd be a safe game plan (though boring as hell of course)

I think Shad's speed and quick footwork and his takedowns will be the difference in this one unless Rampage lands one of those hammers.

Make no mistake about it though I want Rampage to win... as many of you have pointed out a rematch between him and Shogun Rua would be quite a treat. As joe rogan often likes to point out it'd be 'the best' rampage jackson versus (perhaps) 'the best' shogun rua.

rampage vs shogun 2 would be so, so sweet!

wishful thinking aside, i actually think rampage has a decent chance of stuffing a large percentage of rashad's takedown attempts. rampage was a wrestler himself (though not to the level of evans). rampage's fights against kevin randleman (ncaa div 1 champ) and dan hendo (olympian) shows that rampage has extremely underrated wrestling. with that said i personally think evans's wrestling is overrated (never an all-american). so with that said i think this fight will stay standing for the most part and i expect rampage's power to be the difference despite evans having the speed/quickness advantage.

impressive victory by overeem. just goes to show how overrated rogers is as he had nothing to offer.

fedor vs. overeem would be a great fight, but with what i have seen lately with overeem i'd have to put my money on him.

Overeem vs Fedor would be a BIG fight if that ever happens.. But the thing is, Fedor would not fight anybody.. The only worthy fight Fedor was in was 5 years ago with Cro Cop.. Sure there was the Arlovski fight, but AA was winning that until he got fancy and decided that he was a muay thai expert and threw that flying knee..

Im still not counting Werdum out, I hope he ends this make-believe MMA God myth with Fedor.. Hell, he submitted Fedor's brother and Overeem back in the days when Overeem was Shogun's size..

Overeem vs Fedor would be a BIG fight if that ever happens.. But the thing is, Fedor would not fight anybody.. The only worthy fight Fedor was in was 5 years ago with Cro Cop.. Sure there was the Arlovski fight, but AA was winning that until he got fancy and decided that he was a muay thai expert and threw that flying knee..

Im still not counting Werdum out, I hope he ends this make-believe MMA God myth with Fedor.. Hell, he submitted Fedor's brother and Overeem back in the days when Overeem was Shogun's size..

Here We Go Again! Bring On the Fedor Hate!!! :wacko: