Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

There will be a URCC here in Manila on July 18th finally got word.

Get ready fight fans for another exciting MMA extravaganza! Colt 45 & the Universal Reality Combat Championship (URCC) invite you to Colt 45 URCC XIV "Aggression." On July 18, 2009 , 8pm at the A.Venue Events Hall, MMA fans will be treated to an action packed night of Mayhem! Headlining the fight card is URCC's undefeated wleterwieght Champion Eduard Folayang going agains SPIKE 22 Guam's AJ Aguon in the Superfight. Also heading the fight card is URCC's former middleweight champion Caloy Baduria of MMA Elorde this time moving up and going for the vacant lightheavyweight title against SEA Games Wrestling Gold medalist Marcus Valda representing DEFTAC.Plus eight other exciting matches! FOR TICKETS, CALL TICKETNET AT 9115555. For more details ,call 3810940 or 0917.812.1616. Or email us at info@urccmma.com.This event is presented by Colt 45 Premium Strong Beer “the Strong Beer for Real Men.” Also Brought to you by Alaxan FR & E-games.Official Media Partners, Solar Sports , CS/9,Magic 89.9, 99.5 RT, Rogue Magazine. With the Participation of Chris sports, TRX, Bulls Gloves, Padi’s Point, Yoshinoya,VRP Medical Center, SEAIR. Special thanks to Aeromed, BAMF MMA Center, A.Venue Events Hall, Games & Amusement Board, Signum Audio Visual Lighting Group, Staginex systems.BAKBAKAN NA!

and we finally see the long-awaited MMA pro debut of Marcus Valda. the odd thing is though they keep making Caloy climb up the weight class ladder... he started in the same weight class as Mike Banayad and Allan Co (which was around 160 lbs) then went up to the weight class of Benjie Gloria at 170-179. Now his challenging Marcus at 190 lbs. Maybe there should be someone new at the 180 - 190 lbs. weight class um someone like. *wink* *wink*. hehehe.

And again we have Edward Folayang against someone from team Guam. Goodluck sir Edward keep making us proud hopefully you will be in the UFC soon enough.

baket kasi nde ka sumali? mwhehehe

tignan ko kung maktakas ako sa family gathering namin para makapanood nito hehehe tagal ko ng inaabangan na magka URCC sa Manila ulit eh tapos si EdFo pa lalaban nakow mukhang manonood talaga ako nito ^_^

I'm very excited for UFC 100

cant wait to see the Lesnar and Mir fight. I'll go for Brock

I'm also anticipating the GSP fight..

Now that Kimbo Slice is in the Ultimate Fighter, I really hope he and Brock could fight soon.

Sana kunin na rin ni Dana white si Bobby Lashley and itapat din sya kay Brock

I hope that these heavy weights could be matched up with Brock inside the octagon:

Shane Carwin

Antonio "Minotoro" Nogueira

Chiek Congo

Cain Velasquez

Mirko Cro cop

Kimbo Slice

Bobby Lashley

Can't wait narin for UFC 101..

Couture vs. Nogueira, i'll go with the Natural

Hahaha... Akala ko sa WWE lang ngyayari ito! :thumbsupsmiley:

UFC100 Picks:

Mir

Alves

Hendo

Fitch

Sexyama (future UFC MW Champ... Hahaha)

Same here alves and hendo... the rest choiceless...

@ the link I posted: In that case the ref wins hahahahaha notice the other one ala hatton din ang bagsak hahaha

Carwin-Velazquez Likely for UFC 104

Shane Carwin announced via Twitter that he would be returning to action in October at UFC 104. Sherdog.com has since confirmed that his likely opponent will be Cain Velasquez.

Though no contracts have been signed yet, Carwin has verbally agreed to the match according to a source close to the 11-0 heavyweight prospect.

Carwin recently returned to training after reconstructive surgery to repair a severely broken nose suffered in his knockout win over Gabriel Gonzaga in March of this year. Carwin showed himself to be a contender after escaping off his back and knocking Gonzaga, a former UFC title contender, unconscious with a vicious right hand.

Velasquez (6-0) is coming off a devastating three-round dismantling of Cheick Kongo last month. The highly touted prospect displayed a dominating ground arsenal in the win, but also showed he needs a little more polish in the stand-up game. Kongo dropped him to open the first and second rounds before Velasquez put him on his back and hammered away en route to the unanimous decision victory.

The winner of the bout would surely be in line for a shot at the UFC heavyweight crown, likely in early 2010.

Carwin-Velazquez Likely for UFC 104

Shane Carwin announced via Twitter that he would be returning to action in October at UFC 104. Sherdog.com has since confirmed that his likely opponent will be Cain Velasquez.

Though no contracts have been signed yet, Carwin has verbally agreed to the match according to a source close to the 11-0 heavyweight prospect.

Carwin recently returned to training after reconstructive surgery to repair a severely broken nose suffered in his knockout win over Gabriel Gonzaga in March of this year. Carwin showed himself to be a contender after escaping off his back and knocking Gonzaga, a former UFC title contender, unconscious with a vicious right hand.

Velasquez (6-0) is coming off a devastating three-round dismantling of Cheick Kongo last month. The highly touted prospect displayed a dominating ground arsenal in the win, but also showed he needs a little more polish in the stand-up game. Kongo dropped him to open the first and second rounds before Velasquez put him on his back and hammered away en route to the unanimous decision victory.

The winner of the bout would surely be in line for a shot at the UFC heavyweight crown, likely in early 2010.

That's going to be a battle of the heavy-hitters. ^_^

Edited by ryujin6190
That's going to be a battle of the heavy-hitters. ^_^

i dont think that velasquez is a heavy hitter... he even has a glassy chin if you will look back at the fight against congo.. he was almost knocked out thrice but he managed to just comeback at take congo to the ground.

nice to hear that carwin will be in the octagon again!.. now this guys has really a huge bomd on both hands!...

@ kin nothing's post of the double KO.. that was a very very funny & sick moment!.. hahaha.. :thumbsupsmiley:

i dont think that velasquez is a heavy hitter... he even has a glassy chin if you will look back at the fight against congo.. he was almost knocked out thrice but he managed to just comeback at take congo to the ground.

nice to hear that carwin will be in the octagon again!.. now this guys has really a huge bomd on both hands!...

@ kin nothing's post of the double KO.. that was a very very funny & sick moment!.. hahaha.. :thumbsupsmiley:

Well, you got a point there. The weakness that I saw in Velasquez is his chin (I noticed that in the Congo fight). But somehow, he managed to survive using his grappling skills.

If Carwin can exploit Velasquez' chin, I think it's not going to be a long fight. And one things for sure, somebody's '0' has to go. ^_^

easy to KD but Velasquez has great recovery though, and by George those punches that he took from Kongo sure did pack a lot as well

he's gotta improve not getting hit, same as Shane Carwin, he took some shots from Napao right in the button but he was unfazed. hits like that will take its toll in the long run, so they better tighten up their striking defense if they want to become a part of the elite HWs in the world ^_^

what i'd like to see would be a dos santos vs carwin, now thats a battle of heavy hitters ^_^

Edited by riceb0i

The Carwin - Velasquez fight should be interesting.

By the way speaking of hard hitting heavyweights lets talk about our local 'light heavyweights'. The supposed co-main event of the upcoming URCC is no more. Multiple time SEA Games gold medalist wrestler Marcus Valda has pulled out from his fight with URCC middleweight destroyer and Elorde Standout Caloy 'the Badboy' Baduria due to a staph infection.

The Carwin - Velasquez fight should be interesting.

By the way speaking of hard hitting heavyweights lets talk about our local 'light heavyweights'. The supposed co-main event of the upcoming URCC is no more. Multiple time SEA Games gold medalist wrestler Marcus Valda has pulled out from his fight with URCC middleweight destroyer and Elorde Standout Caloy 'the Badboy' Baduria due to a staph infection.

Sir correct me if I'm wrong but isn't "staph infection" is "pigsa" :hypocritesmiley: Hehe... most grapplers get's this kasi kaka-roll s maduming matts.

Anyways Cuban daw makakalaban ni Caloy! Asan na ba si Earl Uy?! What happend to this guy, he was KTFO'ing guys in the URCC pero ngayun wala ata balita sa kanya!? Yung mga taga Hybrid Yaw Yan comment naman dyan!

let's talk Kimbo when he's already there man, but right now seriously bro he's still a joke for me

i know he can KO me, but considering if i was already at his level i'd probably KO him as well bro

check out the JT Colossus fight, he was getting spanked the whole time, and then when he gained the upper hand for about 30 seconds they stopped the fight saying he won... in my opinion that fight was BS. and Seth proved to everybody that Kimbo's no bad ass by KO'ing him with a tap to the jaw...