Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Brandon won't be part of the July 19 event - now officially UFC Fight Night 14 - as of now. Here's the fight card so far:

Main Event: Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin - yes, at the LHW limit of 205, this is the main event of the evening!

Cain Velasquez vs. Jake O'Brien - one of the top HW prospects in the UFC going up against someone who was dropped by the UFC, then re-signed for this event

Hermes Franca vs. Frankie Edgar - originally scheduled for UFC 87 in Minnesota

Anthony Johnson vs. Kevin Burns - 2 guys coming off dominating wins (Johnson TKO over Tommy Speer, Burns tapping Roan Carniero out)

UPDATE: Brandon Vera will move down to 205, will be joining the July 19 card!

UFC Fight Night 14 - The Palms Las Vegas, NV - 19 July 2008

LHW - Anderson Silva vs. James Irvin

LHW - Brandon Vera vs. Reese Andy

LW - Hermes Franca vs. Frankie Edgar

HW - Cain Velasquez vs. Jake O'Brien

WW - Anthony Johnson vs. Kevin Burns

The Hermes Franca, Frankie Edgar fight is gonna be a good one. BJJ against Wrestling again. And I cant wait for Kevin Burns to perform another awesome submission.

kup@l din tong UFC.. Alam ng meron event sa July 19, magsisingit pa..

Sana tumabo yung Banned, it has more interesting fights.

as much as I hate Dana White's guts I really can't diss this move. it does look like he's scared of what the Affliction PPV's gonna bring (hence the hasty preparation for UFN 14), but it's a business and for a sport that's still in between its infancy stage & its boom he's just jockeying for position. it's business, plain and simple.

IMO, i see this as something similar to the Monday Night Wars between WCW Nitro & WWE/F Raw. it's like what Chris Benoit said in the DVD, it's great to be a fan and a fighter because the competition brings out the best in all parties involved. how it happens might not be a sight to behold, but we're still getting quality cards.

The Hermes Franca, Frankie Edgar fight is gonna be a good one. BJJ against Wrestling again. And I cant wait for Kevin Burns to perform another awesome submission.

This fight is suppose to take place at UFC 87.. as one of the not televised match..

this will be an awesome fight.. :thumbsupsmiley:

i guess what i really want to say is he should improve his ground game if he wants to continue slugging it out in HW with fighters 20 lbs or more heavier than him. ummm strength training would help too.

exactly. Perhaps find a team that can help improve his ground game, notably his guard. ATT perhaps

Being from Sprawl MMA I will promote my team first. hehe. We have sessions at Hammer Gym there in Pasig coaches are FFC Fighters mark de guzman, christian vertudazo and (Real Pinoy Fighter finalist) Duke Villanueva. Dyan lang ata sa bayan yang Hammer gym.

Sprawl MMA also has sessions at the Vanguard Building. UP Diliman

Other MMA teams in QC,Antipolo,Marikina are.

Hybrid Yaw Yan at Anapolis St. Cubao. and Maics Gym in Midtown Marikina

Also Suntukaran todo bakbakan has sessions at Maics Gym also

McLaren MMA just along Quezon Ave.

Biron Boxing and MMA gym (coached by FFC fighter and former pro boxer Randy Biron)

Submission Sports Philippines at Elorde West Ave. (they also teach basic BJJ and Wushu Team Lakay Wushu trains there)

Muay Thai (Kickboxing) gyms.

the Muay Association of the Phil. (MAP) RP Team ito ng Muay train at Ultra

PMA Muay Thai along edsa cubao

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gyms

Kamphuis Fabricio - Wakwak,Mandaluyong City

Newbreed Academy - Ateneo De Manila, Rockwell Makati and Eclipse Fitness gym Shaw Blvd.

Deftac BJJ at Parchouse 2 bldg (near gate 5) edsa.

Alliance fight club also has training sessions in Maic's gym

Magkamukha pala si Evan Tanner and Will Ferrell

Sama nyo rin sa list si Ben Stiller at Kenny florian, Mat HUghes and barney Rubble, Rashad Evans and Cuba Gooding Jr, Mike Whitehead and Ethan Suplee ( randy in my name is earl)

Franca by sub ^_^ maganda ang lagay nya ngayon kasi sparring partner siya ni BJ Penn sa laban ni BJ recently diba?

sana din makuha ng UFC si Shinya Aoki pra maging exciting lalo sa WW division ^_^

Sama nyo rin sa list si Ben Stiller at Kenny florian, Mat HUghes and barney Rubble, Rashad Evans and Cuba Gooding Jr, Mike Whitehead and Ethan Suplee ( randy in my name is earl)

hahaha. I didn't realize it before but yah Matt Hughes does look like a sober Barney Rubble.

Anyhow regarding what camp Brandon should join to improve his ground game yep American Top Team is one and puwede din yung Camp ni Greg Jackson lotsa nice training partners there. Di lang guard game ang maiimprove niya pati takedown defense niya.

Perhaps find a team that can help improve his ground game, notably his guard. ATT perhaps

ATT will do wonders for his ground game, it seems that training with Master Lloyd isn't enough.

lol @ mike whitehead

you forgot:

http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/serena_williams_espy.jpg

http://www.uwidonews.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/kevin-randleman-of-ufc.jpg

found a few more:

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/abbottalike.jpg

keith jarding and internet superstar technoviking:

http://lolcat.com/pics/technoviking.jpg

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/ortizalike.jpg

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/severn.jpg

Aus na!

UFC is coming here in the Philippines!

UFC Philippines

the bigger news for me here is Lorenzo committing himself full time to the UFC to "go side by side" with Dana White in terms of running the whole thing. It sounds a bit meh at first glance, but when you look at it from a business standpoint it's a huge deal. Props to Dana for bringing in Harley Davidson & Anheuser-Busch as main sponsors, but with Lorenzo's smooth corporate style and connections I'm sure more firms are bound to be major backers of the UFC. while Lorenzo takes care of corporate matters, Dana can continue to be the mouthpiece (HUGE understatement) of the UFC, setting up fights and promoting PPV's while exploring more avenues where to expand.

as much as I hate Dana White's guts I really can't diss this move. it does look like he's scared of what the Affliction PPV's gonna bring (hence the hasty preparation for UFN 14), but it's a business and for a sport that's still in between its infancy stage & its boom he's just jockeying for position. it's business, plain and simple.

IMO, i see this as something similar to the Monday Night Wars between WCW Nitro & WWE/F Raw. it's like what Chris Benoit said in the DVD, it's great to be a fan and a fighter because the competition brings out the best in all parties involved. how it happens might not be a sight to behold, but we're still getting quality cards.

Dana = Vince! :D

Pa-start pa lang kalaban tatapatan na! Hehe!.. Di pa nga ka-level ng TNA ang Affliction, tinapatan na agad ng Fight Night..

As much as the Banned PPV is stacked w/ must-watch fights, mahirap silang kumita kasi

1) libre lang sa Spike ang UFC Fight Night

2) di kilala si Fedor sa States (tulad ng Pride USA debut, ~30,000 PPV buys lang pala yun)

Sana talaga kumita Affliction para meron alternative.. Btw, ring ba or octagon ang gagamitin sa Banned?

===

And.. Ano ba yung big announcement ni Dana White?

===

magkamukha din si Yves Edwards & Anderson Silva..

Edited by fatso8

Brandon Vera Ducks Lyoto

Another Brazilian could have appeared at UFC Fight Night 14, created to go head to head with Affliction on July 19, but his participation has already been ruled out. Dana White, Big Boss – Grand Puba of the UFC, proposed Lyoto Machida, who is coming off a big victory over Tito Machida at UFC 84, to face Brandon Vera and the Brazilian agreed immediately. But the Lyoto’s return to the Octagon will have to wait after Vera, who lost to Werdum at UFC 85, did not accept the fight. “It’s true. The UFC asked me and Brandon Vera didn’t want to do it. I don’t know what happened, but he didn’t accept the fight”, said Lyoto, who didn’t receive another offer and will sit out this edition of the UFC.

Brandon Vera Ducks Lyoto

Another Brazilian could have appeared at UFC Fight Night 14, created to go head to head with Affliction on July 19, but his participation has already been ruled out. Dana White, Big Boss – Grand Puba of the UFC, proposed Lyoto Machida, who is coming off a big victory over Tito Machida at UFC 84, to face Brandon Vera and the Brazilian agreed immediately. But the Lyoto’s return to the Octagon will have to wait after Vera, who lost to Werdum at UFC 85, did not accept the fight. “It’s true. The UFC asked me and Brandon Vera didn’t want to do it. I don’t know what happened, but he didn’t accept the fight”, said Lyoto, who didn’t receive another offer and will sit out this edition of the UFC.

kasi alam nyang matatalo lang siya sa debut nya sa lightheavyweight.

wag naman sana si machida agad haha! Sana si houston alexander na lang or yung mga hindi kilala haha..

btw, i'm looking for old PRIDE and UFC fight videos. Kahit yung compilations lang ng mga fights per tournament. Naghahanap ako sa mga video stores na sikat pero wala sila dun. URCC lang ung merong sila. Can anyobne suggest a good place where i could find the videos? Thanks!

wag naman sana si machida agad haha! Sana si houston alexander na lang or yung mga hindi kilala haha..

btw, i'm looking for old PRIDE and UFC fight videos. Kahit yung compilations lang ng mga fights per tournament. Naghahanap ako sa mga video stores na sikat pero wala sila dun. URCC lang ung merong sila. Can anyobne suggest a good place where i could find the videos? Thanks!

makati cinema square..i saw some dvd's last thursday. daming collections

The best place to go to is K1 extreme sports.. its near elorde at gilmore.. just before th stoplight of santolan road going towards greenhills.. samay gilmore yan.. complete sila from pride 1 up untill the last pride matches that were fought in the US.. also complete sila sa lahat ng UFC.. Bodog fight.. TUF season 1-4.. ADCC and alot of other stuff like instructionals eto number nila:

look for Jaime or Jerome..

they sell martial arts gear also and is the official store of Gracie Barra Filipinas..

Alternatively.. sa metrowalk there is this store called Horney Devil.. they will accomodate your inquiry per order basis.