Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

eventhough i had to leave early for work the following day, i stayed up until 11pm to watch the replay of ufc 82 at studio 23, but is was worth it :)..

*sakara vs. leben

damn i thought legionarius was gonna kick leben's ass again but kudos to the crippler for taking the punishment and getting the much deserved KO, there were doubts about the KO but the referee made his decision, too bad for sakara, he should've been more cautious & didn't duke it out with leben, but damn it was a great fight :)

leben's head is enormous ehehehe :)

*okami vs. tanner

i think okami is next in line for silva, he wasn't able to beat franklin but what he showed during the fight against the veteran, tanner, showed that he's next in line for the spider :)

*kongo vs. herring

kongo for me is still a monster, i gave the 1st round to kongo & the 2nd to herring, herring won this fight with his ground skills, controlling kongo to end the 3rd round..herring makes the heavyweight class more exciting :)

*hendo vs. silva

silva is totally in a different level in terms of skills, nobody in his wt class has lasted more than 2 rounds against him, i really thought that hendo had what it takes to take silva into 5rounds, especially when i saw him dominate the spider in the 1st round..but typical anderson silva, he shows his fighting genius in the 2nd, easily dominating hendo in all aspects to win the game with a choke..

no offense to hendo fans, but hendo is a great fighter, he was just really outclassed by anderson silva..just like when GSP dominated matt hughes in their two fights..

*congrats to the UFC, UFC 82 was great, all the fights were exciting & worth watching :)

*wasn't able to watch jon fitch's fight, but i think he won against chris wilson

*Fearless forecast: GSP will win against Matt Serra!! hehehe :)

what really pissed me off is that Hendo got caught in something he shouldn't have been caught with

I mean everybody gets caught,

but giving his back and then turning over? that's almost like tapping already only slower

Hendo got rocked by that knee and that might have clouded his game plan, he was doing well in rd. 1 when he was clinching and controlling the clinch, but it went to s@%t when he got dazed by Silva.

Bisping and Evans and Vanderlei are all reported to be heading down to 185 which would make this division something to watch our for.

Vanderlei at 185 scares me.

Rich Franklin's stock just shot from what Anderson said about him post fight. we should have Hendo/Franklin next.

----

I'm glad that Herring won. He was one of my favorites in Pride, and to see him lose 2 straight in the UFC was somehow disheartening, he needed this win over Kongo and he pulled through. Although, NSAC MMA rules have changed his game a lot, I cheered a lot whenever I would see Herring plant huge knees from sidemount or north/south right into the guy's temple/head. that was awesome to watch.

Edited by Larry

i think hendo was a bit over confident going into the fight. he thought he could beat silva with his striking skills. he should have used his strength which is wrestling and dirty boxing like couture. he dominated silva on the ground and silva is suppose to be a black belt in bjj under nougiera. hope hendo gets another chance to fight silva. i don't think he'll make the same mistake again.

no way can hendo bang with silva,, silva's strikes are just too lethal and accurate,, he should have sticked w/ his strengths w/c was dirty boxing and wrestling,, he would have won via decision if he just sticked w/ his gameplan... but i guess silva is just too good and lured hendo into his game...

GSP will knock out matt serra.... :thumbsupsmiley:

silva at 185 will surely make some noise! a loud noise so to speak... if he do step down to that div then i would love him and the champ go toe to toe ala muay thai match! thats something to lookout for...

wanderlei silva vs anderson silva

the axe murderer vs the spider!!!

magandang match up yan!!

if this match up happens then it's a dream come true for every MMA afficionado :) :thumbsupsmiley:

Silva vs Silva! Let's get it on!

Magandang match-up ito, well, of course, granting na Wandy would go down to 185 lbs., pero siguradong di rin tatagal ang laban na ito...

Right now, The Spider is on the top of the food chain at wala akong maisip na pwedeng tumalo sa kanya sa ngayon, siguro si Fedor lang (granting na lalaban si Silva sa HW division, pero kung 185 lbs. or a catch weight lang, I wont count on a Fedor win...). The way Anderson Silva is playing right now, I can say that he is far more better than his mentor, Big Nog...

agree!!! i dont think wandy would win,, bec right now the spider is on the top of his game and he looks unbeatable at 185... if wandy goes dwn to 185 i dnt think he can win against the spider,, i think bisping has a better chance bec 185 is his natural weight class but i dont think he can match up w/ the spider,, anyways only time will tell...

maybe randy couture could go down to 185... lol

Rashad Evans To Fight Chuck Liddell At UFC 85 London

Rashad Evans has been moved from the UFC 84 fight card to now fight Chuck Liddell in London, England on June the 7th.

This light heavyweight bout came together shortly after the UFC announced the injury to Shogun Rua. Evans was thought to have signed on a deal to fight Thiago Silva but the UFC has the power to change fights for their better at the drop of a hat and that was that.

A source close to Evans says the agreement has been made but the deal has not yet been signed by both fighters.

Anderson will get killed by Wanderlei

Wand will be huge as a 185'er he's stronger and he hits harder than Anderson.

Although Anderson has more technical striking, Wand will take this by brute force, due to size, strength and aggressiveness. Not to mention that Wandy always comes out stronger after losses.

This is a good match-up though, given the fact that they are both ex Chute Boxe and have trained together many times in the past, they are both familiar with each other's games, the question now is who's the more evolved fighter. Although that same reason above is why I think this won't happen anytime soon as Wandy has avoided fighting with teammates in the past.

brock vs comeman should be fun to watch and i think coleman will handle brock his second loss. they are both great wrestler, brock is young, while coleman is a veteran with it comes to MMA. Brocks inexperience got him his first loss in the octagon via submission, and guess what... even though the hammer is a wrestler, most of his wins come from submissions...