Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

BROCK lesnar is LEGIT!!!! given a year to train he's going to be scary !!! go BROCK!, no shame in his performance earlier it was just lack of experience. Actually there was an instance that he was on top of MIR and MIR was on his chest he could have easily CHOKED him but he kept pounding kept punching.. maybe next time he'l be more ready .. Brock is the next big thing !!!

about lesnar mir bout. well, i gotta see it first before i post my opinion here... frank mir at his best! you can never question his ability in the ring! yes, we can say that it is a lucky break that the stupid steve mazagatti stopped the fight and deduct a point w/o even a warning! but lets face it man, thats MMA, thats how arlovski beat silva for the heavyweight belt way back and we all know how arlovski dominate the octagon for awhile! MMA is not about dominating the bout for several minutes or rounds, its about winning/surviving the rounds and wait for the right time to strike or set-up the choke! before the bout im voting for lesnar to fight but seeing mir did what he do best, well its another story! lesnar will surely be a big name in MMA if he gets some decent fights first before fighting the big names...

brock is legit

I've never seen a man so huge, move so quick. very explosive off the shoot, and gets into position very well. He was avoiding Mir's guard pretty well, IMO it was a mental lapse that he allowed his leg to get caught. He was getting overeager in getting GnP victory he forgot to watch out for the kneebar.

I see good things in the future of Brock Lesnar, this is a good learning experience for him.

------

Nog on the other hand, is not human.

I was worried that Big Tim would jab his way to a boring decision victory (again) and I my heart was starting to sink,when tim kept snuffing Mino's TDs. when Nog finally got him down (that was a sweet take down BTW) I knew it was gonna be over, that was classic Mino all the way.

Right now I don't think anyone can beat him at HW, even Couture would have a difficult time with Nog. That is unless they get Fedor in the UFC, and when that happens Nog should just hand over his belt.

the Pride Fighters are now taking over the UFC

3 champions out of 5 weightclasses

Noguiera - HW Champion

Rampage Jackson - LHW Champion

Anderson Silva - MW Champion.

note: Rampage Jackson is a Pride fighter and has made his name in Pride, having epic battles with Sakuraba, Wanderlei, Igor Vovchanchin, and of course, Ricardo Arona. Same with Anderson Silva who first appeared on the world stage in the Pride ring, and was well known to have great exciting matches back then, some of them with great fighters such as Carlos Newton, Alexandar Otsuka, and Daiju Takase. This was way back when he was still with Chute Boxe.

Also 2 Pride Fighters will square off in the next UFC for one of the most highly anticipated fights of the year.

Edited by Larry

and lastly

if Joe Silva has any brains they should give Boetsch more fights

seeing him just throw David Heath like a dirty raincoat was one of the best things I've ever seen in my life.

EDIT:

it just came to my attention that Tim Boetsch has had only 1 yr of experience in MMA.

1 yr.

Edited by Larry
Nog on the other hand, is not human.

I was worried that Big Tim would jab his way to a boring decision victory (again) and I my heart was starting to sink,when tim kept snuffing Mino's TDs. when Nog finally got him down (that was a sweet take down BTW) I knew it was gonna be over, that was classic Mino all the way.

Right now I don't think anyone can beat him at HW, even Couture would have a difficult time with Nog. That is unless they get Fedor in the UFC, and when that happens Nog should just hand over his belt.

haha good one... 4 sure if ufc gets a hold of fedor nog should just give him the belt bec fedor owns nog,, actually all heavyweights 4 that matter... fedor is still the best heavyweight right now even if nog's the champ....

although i also think ur right that nog has the advantage over couture but something tells me that couture would still beat nog... ive learned my lesson to never underestimate captain america haha

couture would still beat nog... ive learned my lesson to never underestimate captain america haha

Nog is a bad matchup for Randy, styles make fights and Nog's style doesn't match up well with Couture's.

Randy's style of bullying you with the clinch, and keeping you off the ground might not be enough to keep the fight standing. Nog is very very technical with his BJJ, and he can keep on taking punches all night long until you get tired and frustrated, and that's when he'll get you.

and you can forget about knocking him out, Nog was run over by a truck and that didn't stop him. You need a gun to KO Mino.

I agree bro, brock should have won the fight... This stupid ref stop the fight while brock is pounding mir... Sinuntok daw sa likod ng ulo si mir, eh hindi naman kasalanan ni brock yun dahil biglang tumalikod si frank mir, tsaka prang batok lang yung nangyari, break agad... poor decision by the ref :thumbsdownsmiley:

bad call tlga ung nangyari n un ky brock. mir was pounded in the head w/ big bombs ng biglang umepal ung ref. inexperienced n rin ang tumalo kc he walk right where mir wanted him. twice ytang ng attempt ng armber c mir b4 he opted for a kneebar.

haha good one... 4 sure if ufc gets a hold of fedor nog should just give him the belt bec fedor owns nog,, actually all heavyweights 4 that matter... fedor is still the best heavyweight right now even if nog's the champ....

although i also think ur right that nog has the advantage over couture but something tells me that couture would still beat nog... ive learned my lesson to never underestimate captain america haha

fedor? the best heavyweight? too damn overrated! list down all fedors opponent and list down randy's... by that you'll know who is the best between them! you cant be the best if you dont fight the best...

yes he is the best right now,, randy might have accomplished more but from my statement it clearly stated that fedor is "the best heavyweight right now" specialy now that nog became the ufc champion. its not his fault that pride didnt have good fighters,, but wait isnt it that pride fighters are dominating the ufc right now so im really not sure whos even had easier opponents,, right??? :)

with a record of 28-1 and his only loss was a fluke,, a doctor stoppage w/in 17 secs bec of a cut... and the people he has beaten are not pushovers. he beat ricardo arona, mark coleman, mark hunt, cro cop in his prime and nog twice. not to mention being considered the best heavyweight fighter in the world for the last five years by many major publications, including ESPN, the Orange County Register, The Fight Network, the Houston Chronicle, and The Wrestling Observer.

i know randy couture had a better career than fedor so far but right "now" i think fedor is better than captain america,, no dis to cap.

Mauricio Shogun Rua To Fight Chuck Liddell

Shogun Rua agrees to fight Chuck Liddell in non-title bout this June.

Rua will look to get back on track after his submission loss to Forrest Griffin in his UFC debut. He has recovered well from his knee surgery and has gotten back to his regular training schedule.

Chuck Liddell appeared to be back on form in his win over Rua’s ex-teammate Wanderlei Silva last December.

The loser of this bout will find it tough to to get back in line for a title shot any time soon.

and lastly

if Joe Silva has any brains they should give Boetsch more fights

seeing him just throw David Heath like a dirty raincoat was one of the best things I've ever seen in my life.

EDIT:

it just came to my attention that Tim Boetsch has had only 1 yr of experience in MMA.

1 yr.

I agree Larry. One of the best things Ive seen in MMA. I love the way he threw David Heath. "He threw David Heath like a ragdoll". I want so see more of his Jeet Kune Do. :thumbsupsmiley:

yes he is the best right now,, randy might have accomplished more but from my statement it clearly stated that fedor is "the best heavyweight right now" specialy now that nog became the ufc champion. its not his fault that pride didnt have good fighters,, but wait isnt it that pride fighters are dominating the ufc right now so im really not sure whos even had easier opponents,, right??? :)

with a record of 28-1 and his only loss was a fluke,, a doctor stoppage w/in 17 secs bec of a cut... and the people he has beaten are not pushovers. he beat ricardo arona, mark coleman, mark hunt, cro cop in his prime and nog twice. not to mention being considered the best heavyweight fighter in the world for the last five years by many major publications, including ESPN, the Orange County Register, The Fight Network, the Houston Chronicle, and The Wrestling Observer.

i know randy couture had a better career than fedor so far but right "now" i think fedor is better than captain america,, no dis to cap.

if he thinks he's that good then why does he keep on dodging UFC's offer to fight randy? fedor fought a 100yo mark coleman! so what? he fought and beat cro cop(another overrated fighter), mark hunt who has the toughest chin ive seen so far but randy can alsostand toe to toe w/ these guys! if he is the best like some of you may say, why are he dodging the said contract? maybe because its too damn shameful for the "worlds greatest heavyweight fighter" to lose to an aging randy! LMFAO

heavyweight - randy couture

light heavyweight - no one..... deyr all good... tsambahan lng.... but i like lyoto machida... he is good.... mautak eh...

middleweight - spider silva / dan henderson

welterweight - st. pierre

lightweight - bj penn...

puro tiga ufc noh.. haha.. eh wala ng pride eh.. but i admire bj penn da most.. wala pa ring kakupas kupas.. he is just so mean when he fights... da fights were he lost in d ufc... he couldve won dem if he took em seriously.. masxado lng kasing kampante minsan... hehehe... bj penn!!! bj penn!