Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

CONGRATULATIONS JON JONES!!!!! New UFC Light Heavyweight Champion!!!

panalo lahat ng picks ko... :D :P :lol:

you can now call him SHOGAS. man, rua gassed out after the 1st round. jon jones is a insane perfect fighting machine. i wonder who can defeat him, the BONES ERA has just began.

Jones vs Silva will be a great matchup.

Wow! Who would have thought.. Shogun tapping with strikes.. Herb Dean stopped the fight but Shogun was also tapping..

I hope Phil Davis lives up to his hype as well. He is a freak of nature like Jones.

Is Rashad serious that he will fight Bones? He will be sent to dreamland all over again ala Machida. :lol:

yeah it was sad that shogun actually tapped :( man those knees were just absolutely devastating.

it was funny how jones' demeanor and facial expression just completely changed when rashad came into the cage.

you could really sense he was not happy about the whole thing.

wow jonnie bones jones is a beast.

really sad that shogun lost though. the straight left and the knee jones delivered in the 1st round was the deciding factor.

Yeh. After those shots, Rua never recovered. Brutal

Jones seemed to toy with Rua the entire time after he hurt him in the first round

you can now call him SHOGAS. man, rua gassed out after the 1st round. jon jones is a insane perfect fighting machine. i wonder who can defeat him, the BONES ERA has just began.

Jones vs Silva will be a great matchup.

very good observation, i noticed that too. jones is just too much for rua to handle or for anyone on the division.

UPDATE:

At the UFC 128 post-fight press conference, Dana White proclaimed that Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, who was knocked out tonight (March 19. 2011) by Brendan Schaub, will no longer be fighting in the UFC.

very good observation, i noticed that too. jones is just too much for rua to handle or for anyone on the division.

UPDATE:

At the UFC 128 post-fight press conference, Dana White proclaimed that Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic, who was knocked out tonight (March 19. 2011) by Brendan Schaub, will no longer be fighting in the UFC.

i think that has a lot more to do with the fact that shogun took a beating than him actually having bad conditioning or cardio as it's more commonly called. funny how that works...but then again, if shogun had better conditioning he might have been able to recover faster after that 1st round a la frankie edgar in his fight against maynard.

i think rampage, machida and evans probably have the best chances of defeating jones. though i will admit, those chances aren't very high. but if i were to put my money on a LHW to defeat jones, it would probably have to be machida. he has excellent TDD and that awkward karate-based striking is a problem for everyone not named shogun. would be an interesting fight that won't be happening anytime soon.

waaaaa.. none of my picks win..jinx ata ako..hehe..

Jones is right..he is too big, too strong for Shogun.Rogan even commented that Bones looked like a full weight class above Rua.now i doubt if AS can beat him, given the size disadvantage.but i hope to see that fight and ill be still rooting for Spider.but i guess AS is not intersted on that fight, he said that JOnes is his friend and Bones is much better than him.not sure, if he was just trying to be humble when he said that..

plus, Jones really has a brutal strength on the ground, you can see it on the face of Shogun..its sad to see Shogun tapped..i agree that the shin to the face is the deciding factor..he was never been the same after that.after the 1st round, i know Shogun will lose..but, dont u think its illegal? he was standing prior to that kick, cant remember if Shogun's left arm is still in the canvass when he was hit.wla kc replay on that one.. and i wonder why Shogun didnt use more legkicks to soften jOnes..to avoid takedowns? if i remember right, Jones takedowns come from clinch, unlike Sonnen's who comes from the outside..so, IMO legkicks are less vunerable from that kind of takedowns..Shogun was slow on that fight and looked fat.maybe his injuries are now catching up with him..it will take a while before he becomes a contender again.

Maybe Rampage and Machida has a shot.not sure about Rashad..Rampage is also strong and can end the night in instant..we'll have to wait till next week if Phil Davis has a legit chance.outside UFC, Roger Gracie is the only rising star in LHW..maybe after few more fights, when he add striking to his arsenal he can defeat Bones..Jones will be in trouble if he took him to the ground..

and im curious why the Schaub KO was ruled TKO..Cro Cop's eyes are open, but he was definitly out..

Edited by sujiro

Damn! Jon Jones is for real & not just hype! I was speechless when I watched the fight on how he man handled Rua! His reach was a bigfactor, Rua cant eben connect a punch or kick! And his wrestling/takedowns have good technique! Brutal Ground & Pound! Who's gonna beat this Guy!? I say Jones vs. A. Silva at LHW! That would be a good one!!! :lol:

Welcome Faber at UFC!!! Thats long overdue man!!! Hehe... :lol:

hey guys, just noticed this..i am not discrediting the win of Jones, but it seems that sometimes he is going beyond the rules.though this didnt change the outcome of the fight..cant find the gifs, but if you rewatched it you can see what im talking about.

lists of fouls under the unified rules

#1.Butting with the Head

1st round - 25 seconds remaining. Jones headbutt the stomach of Shogun

#12. Throat strikes of any kind

1st round - 2:29. Jones elbowed the throat of Rua

1st round - 2 seconds remaining hit again the throat of Shogun

2nd round - 30 seconds remaining, elbowed again the throat. Herb Dean, warned him about that.

2nd round - 13 seconds remaining, elbowed again

i think that has a lot more to do with the fact that shogun took a beating than him actually having bad conditioning or cardio as it's more commonly called. funny how that works...but then again, if shogun had better conditioning he might have been able to recover faster after that 1st round a la frankie edgar in his fight against maynard.

i think rampage, machida and evans probably have the best chances of defeating jones. though i will admit, those chances aren't very high. but if i were to put my money on a LHW to defeat jones, it would probably have to be machida. he has excellent TDD and that awkward karate-based striking is a problem for everyone not named shogun. would be an interesting fight that won't be happening anytime soon.

it would be great to see machida against jones but i don't see him winning against bones. i think i'm more interested in Jones vs Silva rather than Silva vs GSP.

UFC 129: St. Pierre vs Shields Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbvpdWpqQw4

Does the UFC know how to promote or what? This video alone gets me excited for that fight, gives me goosebumps! Great job UFC!

totally agree bro. i felt the same way about the GSP vs Koschek II trailer. that for me is still the best ufc trailer (esp. since i'm a GSP fanboy). i hated the song they used but it just sounded like the perfect song when i saw the trailer.

Dana White is trying to put together a Wanderlei Silva vs Vitor Belfort 2, but Silva is lobbying through Twitter that he wants Chris Leben

that would be nice, along with Rampage vs Rua 2.

UFC 132: Ryan Bader vs Tito Ortiz possible for July 2 in Las Vegas

If you call them out, they will come.

Just like Brendan Schaub asked for Mirko Filipovic at UFC 128, another Ultimate Fighter (TUF) product has successfully locked up a bout with a star from yesteryear now that Ryan Bader's dream fight against Tito Ortiz has apparently come to fruition.

"Darth" made his case for a war against "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" just last month.

The two light heavyweight wrestlers are in talks to square off at UFC 132 on July 2 in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to a report from MMAWeekly.com.

Bader (12-1) saw his undefeated record (and quest to become division number one contender) go up in smoke against fellow light heavyweight sensation Jon Jones at UFC 126 back on Feb. 5.

The TUF 8 champion is probably eager to get back on his horse and gallop into his 205-pound rodeo with Ortiz, which on the surface may appear to be the path of least resistance in the promotion's compettive light heavyweight division.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/images/blog/star-divide.v777cf8a.jpg

Ortiz (15-8-1), who hasn't won a fight in nearly five years, recently ditched <a href="http://www.mmamania.com/2011/3/mma/fighter/122518/antonio-rogerio-nogueira" class="sbn-auto-link">Antonio Rogerio Nogueira at UFC Fight Night 26 in Seattle thanks to a "minor concussion" that compelled him to withdraw from the March 26 event.

His last appearance was a lopsided unanimous decision loss to former TUF student Matt Hamill at UFC 121: "Lesnar vs. Velasquez" back in October 2010.

Will this appearance be his last inside the Octagon?

UFC 132 is likely to feature the welterweight rematch between B.J. Penn and Jon Fitch while 155-pound division standouts Melvin Guillard and Shane Roller are also expected to throw down.

As always, keep it locked to MMAmania.com for future updates to this still-developing fight card.