Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Rampage was offered the fight with Shogun first but declined to take the fight stating that he is too big and cannot loose the weight in 6 weeks..

Sayang I was eager to see Rampage vs Shogun 2.. Well maybe down the line mangyari pa rin yun.. Sana..

Thiago Silva has been reportedly pulled out of his bout against Jackson, and rumor has it that Rashad Evans has stepped in.

Evans vs Rampage 2!

haha.. just like i said.. GSP is now making excuses to fight AS.. now that Fedor is gone, the UFC will not be pressured to put on this fight.its just their way to counter-program the expcted mega-fight of Fedor-Overeem..its a lose-lose situation for them. cause it will definitely tarnish the image of their poster boy, GSP, if he loses.. and AS will prob retire after that.

Georges St. Pierre Not Sure Silva Bout Would Happen At Middleweight

UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre is set to defend his belt this April 30th against a well-respected challenger in Jake Shields. Despite this test currently awaiting him, most have been focused solely on the prospect of a super fight with UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva, a fight which hinges on a St. Pierre victory over Shields in order to come to fruition. Though he is doing his best to maintain focus on the task at hand, the deluge of questions concerning a bout with Silva force St. Pierre to divert some of his attention to the topic. MMADigest.com caught up with "Rush" recently and asked him if he would be moving up to middleweight this year to face "The Spider," and he explained that having the super fight at 185 lbs. is not yet a foregone conclusion.

"Everybody talks about the super fight, I don't know if it's gonna be 170 (lbs.)--because I know he did 168 (lbs.) before a few years ago, so maybe, I think he could do it again," said St. Pierre. "He did it only a few years ago in Japan."

Some time ago Silva mentioned his willingness to drop to 170 to make the fight, but he has since rescinded that offer, saying that he intends to remain at middleweight. Either way, it doesn't currently matter to St. Pierre, who is doing his absolute best to keep his mind on Jake Shields until that deed is done.

"I don't know. I didn't follow what he said. This thing is, for me, a distraction from my fight. My immediate goal is to win against Jake Shields," he said. "I made a mistake in the past, looking past an opponent, and I'm never gonna do that again because the last time I did that, I got beat by Matt Serra. I don't know what's gonna happen. Maybe it's gonna happen, this (super fight), or maybe it's not gonna happen. We'll see. We're gonna have to figure out how it will happen, if it has to happen. Otherwise, maybe not, maybe I will have another fight after--it's too complicated. We'll need to wait until after Jake Shields to talk about it."

St. Pierre and Shields will meet at the end of April in the main event of UFC 129, which will go down at the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and will mark the UFC's first foray into the territory.

My link