Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Again two words to describe UFC 92 the last UFC of the year..

"IT's MMA" And thus anything can happen.

Wand got knocked out cold on a counter punch by Rampage (similar to what he did in his fight with Chuck).

Mir gets the Ref stoppage on Nog. My hats off to Frank Mir he had a brilliant gameplan.

and finally Forrest fails to control Rashad Evans on the ground and ends up getting GNP's into a ref stoppage.

These last few fights illustrate that nowadays it's getting harder and harder to pick a winner in a UFC fight. and that's mostly due to the variations in strategy that are now being applied by the different MMA camps.

Yahoo! 2-1 ako sa predictions ko! Not Bad!

Rampage via KO on W. Silva! Revenge does taste sweet! Wand got KTFO'd!

Mir via TKO on Nog (Though I predicted a sub, some say it was a premature stoppage but hey, Nog got KO'd 3 times and theres no way he's gonna Sub Mir)

Forrest lost a TKO on Rashad! Hats off to Sugar Rush for being the new LHW Champ of the UFC! (I predicted Forrest via UD :thumbsdownsmiley: )

Shogun Rua your Next! Rampge via KO! Hahaha... Its Payback time!

Brock Lesnar better hands Mir His UFC HW belt before he gets tapped out again! Hahaha... :thumbsupsmiley: :thumbsupsmiley:

Edited by maddromeo
frank mir. is there any other way to show how anything can happen in mma?

Yeah. He even said it himself during the post fight interview with Joe Rogan that had he been a betting man in Vegas he would not have put his money on himself on this fight with Nog.

Again the camps now are really having a bigger role in how fights are decided with the strategy they instruct their fighters to execute during a fight. I mean look, majority of the the people thought that both being world class bjj blackbelts that naturally their fight would be decided on the ground but that was not the case. Mir kept it standing and for the few moments they were on the ground he stayed on top of Nog without letting him control his posture (which a lot of Nog's former opponents failed to do thus they ended up tapping).

Both Silva and Big Nog don't look the same now with the losses (and the manner they lost) they have suffered at this last UFC of 2008.

Edited by geneticfreak
UFC 92 Predictions:

Mir by Decision

Griffin by Decision

Silva by KO

some people here feels they know everything but always fails on prediction. what a f#&king idiot!!!

Heheheh! You also failed on majority of your decisions... But thats how predictions go... Who would have thought that Nog would get fukced? Although I was counting on a Mir via decision, but not anyone saw that Nog would get killed, hehehehe!

Next time, yung mga magbibigay ng prediction may kasamang pustahan dapat, hehehehe! Why dont we put our money where our mouth is? Para mas masaya, hehehehe!

started watching the previews at 10am. Damn, frank mir's wife is smokin' hot!!! I'm pretty sure she's getting banged like a bell tonight.

She is indeed sinabi mo pa... wala sinbi gf ni ortiz na si jenna jameson... Infact i was rooting for nog but i was rooting for mirs wife...hehehe

For a little kink... hihihi lets ask mis hottlips (her kid are training at mir camp) if ever she met mir wife and ever she's got some scoop of the "bignite" after mir freaking win hihihihi! sana kasing ganda ng asawa ni mir ang maging wife ko! super sexy and hot!

Binenta ni Nog ang laban! :lol:

Hindi naman cguro... pero i notice its not the nog that ive seen before... may kulang eh, looks like Mir adapted the strategy that made manny won against the golden boy... hindi man lang maka jab si nog...

In fact im disappointed that both of my picks (forrest and silva) lost... though i'm no big fan of both silva and rampage...

any way i want to see the rampage vs. evans

tignan nga natin kun sino mas mayabang at mas maangas! Ipasipa ko kay fedor itong dalawang ito eh...

Hindi naman cguro... pero i notice its not the nog that ive seen before... may kulang eh, looks like Mir adapted the strategy that made manny won against the golden boy... hindi man lang maka jab si nog...

i was thinking nog's strat was to tire out mir and submit him during the latter rounds..he got KTFO in the process. tsk tsk tsk

WHAT NOW KIDS? am i right with my prediction? Frank Mir disemboweled Nog in a good fashion and VERY EASY way. 3 knockdowns in round 1? wtf is that? Mir showed the world how good his punching abilities and proved that Nog can easily be KO.

From now on, stop pretending you know everything and start watching mma fights to analyze and predict better.

You Idiots Make Me SICK!!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/23mx1tx.jpg

Edited by Great Milenko
rampage had his revenge. when shall the iceman get his on rampage? haha.

im too old for that.. im already 38,.. ahaha.. matanda na.. magreretire n.. :thumbsupsmiley:

well id love to see the two niggas that beaten me up..

Rampage-Sugar fighting for the LHW title..

and lalo na sa lahat.. Anderson "The Spider" Silva in LHW Division.. :rolleyes: :hypocritesmiley: :goatee:

WHAT NOW KIDS? am i right with my prediction? Frank Mir disemboweled Nog in a good fashion and VERY EASY way. 3 knockdowns in round 1? wtf is that? Mir showed the world how good his punching abilities and proved that Nog can easily be KO.

From now on, stop pretending you know everything and start watching mma fights to analyze and predict better.

You Idiots Make Me SICK!!!

http://i41.tinypic.com/23mx1tx.jpg

Fighting over the internet is just like joining in special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded.

hehehehe! Curious lang ako brader, sino ba ang pinatatamaan mo dyan sa mga statement mo? heheheh! Dami kasi nag-predict dito in favor of big Nog, and I bet they wont defend their predictions and will let the issue die a natural death until there is another fight for them to make prediction/s again, heheheh!

But let me remind you that making 1 out of 3 predictions is not a good percentage, if you know what I mean... And making a fight with no one in particular is cowardice, hehehhe!

Nice gif, though.

UFC 92 Predictions:

Mir by submission/ref stoppage - Nog will cry after the fight for humiliation :evil:

Evans by Boring Decision

Silva by Brutal GnP

Kongo by KO

3 out of 4 is definitely not bad. :thumbsupsmiley:

wow! i was shocked that rampage KTFO silva, no one ever thought that he'll get a sweet revenge this time.

kongo is one of the most underated fighter, but damn he is good in knocking people out.

bring on rashrad vs rampage. hehehe!

dana white is cooking liddell and silva rematch by 2009 according to some reports.

i think it's time to see couture vs big nog, what do you guys think?

Frank Mir by Submission in Round 1 against Brock in 2009

Edited by textickles

was just surprised how little MMA fighters make compared to boxers. i know, it's all about marketing and which sport brings in more cash. it just doesnt seem fair.

the chronicle herald

Rashad Evans, Quinton Jackson, Frank Mir all post wins at UFC 92

By NEIL DAVIDSON The Canadian Press

Sun. Dec 28 - 8:00 AM

LAS VEGAS — Rashad Evans dethroned light-heavyweight champion Forrest Griffin at UFC 92 Saturday night, taking away the title with some vicious ground and pound in the third round at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Elsewhere on the ``UFC 92: The Ultimate 2008'' mixed martial arts card before 14,103, Quinton (Rampage) Jackson knocked out Wanderlei (The Axe Murderer) Silva with one punch in the first round of their light-heavyweight grudge match and former heavyweight champion Frank Mir looked dominant in upsetting interim title-holder Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira via second-round TKO.

Evans, 29, made US$190,000, including a $65,000 win bonus and $60,000 for fight of the night, while Griffin earned $160,000 including the fight bonus, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

The card drew a live gate of $3.47 million.

Jackson, 30, made $385,000, including a $100,000 win bonus and $60,000 for knockout of the night, while Silva collected $200,000, according to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Silva boasted at the pre-fight news conference that he would get the knockout of the night bonus. Instead, he got headache of the night.

Mir joins Fedor Emelianenko, Dan Henderson and Josh Barnett as the only men to beat Nogueira. Emelianenko did it twice. Mir also becomes the first man to stop Nogueira via TKO.

Mir made $90,000, including a $45,000 win bonus. Nogueira got $250,000, missing out on a $150,000 win bonus.

Those figures do not tell the whole financial story since the UFC does not disclose other bonuses and payments that may be in a fighter's contract. The organization's marquee fighters also may earn a slice of the lucrative pay-per-view take.