Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

yeah i know machida is good....at dancing around the octagon hehehehehe..i'm sure everybody praises him for his so called "ELUSIVENESS"; but this is what makes this guy unpopular, his fights are boring because all he does is punch & run :lol:

why the hatin man? diba ganyan naman talaga philosophy ng karate... make damage without taking a hit ala bruce lee (the dragon) i hope people would learn to appreciate his technique...

well, acttually marami narin yung natutuwa sakanya at humahanga lalo na hardcore mma fans.. ewan ko lang sa mainstream fans... oh well, sana...

sabagay pede naman yung brawl... sa sabong kunyare hehehe kiddin...

As much as I would like to say that anything can happen in MMA, this is the only certain thing in MMA: "Lyoto 'the Dragon' Machida will win!" regardless of who his opponent is. Do I need to say more?

amen to that amen!!! the dragon will become the champion soon... rashad vs. lyoto for the title na siguro ang next.... magandang story line pareho unbeaten.... then the ufc can now make a hype about lyoto kasi d gaano popular si rashad like lyoto.....

anyhow as for the recognition (and poontang as you put it) that MMA fighters get. well speaking from experience (from the local scene) wala masyado yan. apart from the usual kudos you get from your friends and family you hardly get any rockstar type of acolades given you. mas madami pa din talagang chicks ang mga basketball player. hehe.

hehe, bakit ganun no? hindi lang naman basketball players ang may malaking..... malaking..... kumpyansa sa kanilang sarili! :lol:

if you ask me, if I'll be a fighter like some of our buds here, I'd rather be someone polite & respectful (like how Renzo Gracie describes Fabio Leopoldo in the Renzo Gracie: Legacy docufilm) and still be a badass when I fight. i'd rather build up my reputation the right way than build up my ego the wrong way.

just my 2 cents on that matter.

(btw, if you guys can DL the Renzo Gracie: Legacy docufilm please do so. highly recommended.)

tuloy ba Ken vs Frank Shamrock?

both are still talking like it's gonna happen.. well, since EliteXC's already dead there goes one venue for that fight.. Strikeforce? that fight, no matter the hype, will tarnish whatever good reputation Strikeforce has earned for being a good grassroots promotion..

Ken's one of my favorites when I got into MMA, & I love the love-hate deal I have with Frank, so I really hope this happens.

why the hatin man? diba ganyan naman talaga philosophy ng karate... make damage without taking a hit ala bruce lee (the dragon) i hope people would learn to appreciate his technique...

well, acttually marami narin yung natutuwa sakanya at humahanga lalo na hardcore mma fans.. ewan ko lang sa mainstream fans... oh well, sana...

sabagay pede naman yung brawl... sa sabong kunyare hehehe kiddin...

amen.

i still pray for the day where EVERYBODY will appreciate technique and strategy as well, rather than just sheer guts and aggression. wala nang hardcore, wala nang TUF Generation. sana lang...

you'll think Lyoto's a pussy with his aforementioned elusiveness, but have you guys forgotten how he disposed Sokodjou, who's a top level judoka (not an MMA fighter, judoka) who's training with Hendo at Team Quest Temecula? he made getting that arm triangle look easy.

some fighters just don't want to play human chicken, as BJ puts is nicely. i respect that.

hehe, bakit ganun no? hindi lang naman basketball players ang may malaking..... malaking..... kumpyansa sa kanilang sarili! :lol:

if you ask me, if I'll be a fighter like some of our buds here, I'd rather be someone polite & respectful (like how Renzo Gracie describes Fabio Leopoldo in the Renzo Gracie: Legacy docufilm) and still be a badass when I fight. i'd rather build up my reputation the right way than build up my ego the wrong way.

just my 2 cents on that matter.

(btw, if you guys can DL the Renzo Gracie: Legacy docufilm please do so. highly recommended.)

Yup I agree. The Legacy Documentary is a must watch for fighters and coaches alike.

The ideal fighter would be like that a badass in the ring but a gentleman outside it.

The lakay guys are like this

hehe, bakit ganun no? hindi lang naman basketball players ang may malaking..... malaking..... kumpyansa sa kanilang sarili! laugh.gif

we're still a basketball country and that's the sad truth. MMA is still growing and isn't as lucrative (or popular) quite yet

Maganda to para kay Brock, sabi nga ni Couture before their fight, Lesnar kind of remind him of himself when he started, a one dimensional fighter, pero with Randy on Lesnar's side, mas malaki ang chance nya na manalo against Mir...

I think Its gonna be good if ever he does train under captain....considering they are both wrestlers... they can explore alot of similar knowledge...and thecnicality...

Edited by King Nothing

ang ganda nga nyan parang makakakita ka ng malaking Sean Sherk na Xtreme Couture trained... ahehehe nakakatakot to kapag naging dalubhasa na si Brock sa MMA talaga

seryoso si loko na manalo kasi gusto nya na i-prove na rookie mistake lang yung pagkatalo nya kay Mir the last time around ^_^

Yeah... another thing he is a quick learner...

yup much like the guy on your avatar bro. hehe. absorbs MMA knowledge like a sponge. had no wrestling background to speak and only learned upon his introduction to MMA but has now turned into one of the best wrestlers in his home country of Canada. Quite amazing the kind of athletes these guys are.

Looks like Brock Lesnar will train under Couture.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/...ure?eref=fromSI

Maganda to para kay Brock, sabi nga ni Couture before their fight, Lesnar kind of remind him of himself when he started, a one dimensional fighter, pero with Randy on Lesnar's side, mas malaki ang chance nya na manalo against Mir...

woaaaah! nice one..Sobrang nakakatakot si Lesnar kapag naging complete fighter sya parang si Anderson Sylva