• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Couture got it all figured out before that devastating punch that caught him. He even gave Brock a cut. Oh well, Lesnar's the champ now. I hope either Mir or Nog would give him a bad beating and not just by early submission. Yung tipong makeover ang mangyayari sa mukha nya just like what all other champs have experienced when they were still climbing up to get the title.

I was disappointed with not only the loss by Randy Couture but also the loss of Jorge Gurgel. As Joe Rogan kept on pointing out during the fight. The guy keeps fighting like a kickboxer when he really ought to use his world class BJJ blackbelt skills a lot more. So much for trying for takedowns during the last minute of the last round as they say it was just too little and too late.

Anyway Brock's win poses I think some pretty interesting scenarios. For one a match with either Mir or Nog ought to be good and with his win we can expect an influx of these really 'freakishly, gigantic heavyweights' to try and enter the UFC now. IMO if the UFC does get a truckload of these giants maybe he ought to put up another weight division for them. Say 'Super Heavyweight' perhaps like they have in boxing or bodybuilding.

Great BJJ displays as well by Damian Meia and Mark Bocek and that Armbar from Omo Plata setup by Dustin Hazelett was one slick submission. I look forward to seeing him win more UFC Submission of the Night awards in the future.

I called it...Brock is faster, stronger, bigger than Couture. What he lacked in experience and skill, he made up for raw talent and brute force.

Couture was actually doing very well in the first round, he controlled brock against the cage, stuffed his takedown, and actually had Brock gassed and cut by the end of the round.

drills

It's just that Brock has really large and heavy hands and Randy got caught. This is MMA, everybody gets caught.

One thing I noticed though is that Brock really works on his hammer fists, he knows to set up in a postured side mount, and just chop the opponent down.

Brock has nothing for Nog though.

-------

Dustin Hazelett looks freaky but damn his jiu jitsu is strong.

Dustin Hazelett looks freaky but damn his jiu jitsu is strong.

Yeah the guy was still wearing a Tanner Tribute Beard (too bad Joe Rogan already shaved his off). They guy has got really sick BJJ. He got an omo plata one of the arms, rory countered and he shifted to lock down the other arm before getting that twisting armbar.

Yeah the guy was still wearing a Tanner Tribute Beard (too bad Joe Rogan already shaved his off). They guy has got really sick BJJ. He got an omo plata one of the arms, rory countered and he shifted to lock down the other arm before getting that twisting armbar.

i felt bad for rory, that looked really really painful

----

I wanna ask you guys if you think another division is needed for the UFC, like a Super Heavyweight division.

Personally I think the weight difference in CoutureXLesnar was ridiculous, that would be like Joe Stevenson fighting Rampage, and we all know that with two skilled and trained fighters the bigger man will always have the advantage.

But then again you can argue that it was Randy's choice to come in at 220.

So what do you think? UFC super heavyweight division, yay or nay?

Edited by Larry