Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

great showcase of his skill, Nover has got heavy hands and good BJJ

hehehe Machida eating balut astig! prang pinoy idn mga tiga Brazil, mas hot lang mga bebot nila dun ^_^

Really machida eating balut?????? where??????? got links? videos???? images????? just a proof.... I think thats cute and cool! oh di ba global na ang pinoy ngayon with balut!!!!!

Really machida eating balut?????? where??????? got links? videos???? images????? just a proof.... I think thats cute and cool! oh di ba global na ang pinoy ngayon with balut!!!!!

it was on Phillipe nover's blog. Muntik pa nga daw kainin ni Lyoto yung shell kung di sinabi ni Phillipe na di kinakain yun :thumbsupsmiley:

Sorry but i guess vera was "politickalized" into going down at 205lb. rather staying at heavyweight... Vera is not comfortable at 205...which gets him to loose bouts. like me im a natural 130lb if go below 127lb it would be suicidal, i would loose my power and stamina...

but i think 205lbs is vera's natural weight right? i mean, he seems so small at HW div. i really think that he's not that focused on his last bout for some reason. he's not that fiesty as he used to...

vera has lost his fire since coming back from almost a year off..he could have beaten Tim Sylvia...he just let Sylvia control the fight..if Vera could take Sylvia down then its a different story...when he faced Werdum...he was taken down and mounted easily..I agree that it was an early stoppage but I don't really expect Vera to win that fight...when he dropped to light-heavyweight..he won a U-decision against Andy...then lose to Jardine...if he gets another fight he should win that match clearly or he might be cut by the UFC...let's all hope that he will bounce back big time! :headsetsmiley:

but i think 205lbs is vera's natural weight right? i mean, he seems so small at HW div. i really think that he's not that focused on his last bout for some reason. he's not that fiesty as he used to...

Maybe it's due to the lack of ice cream and cake that he used to enjoy even during training back when he was a heavyweight. hehehe. but yes for all intensive reasons as many of you here have already pointed out Brandon's last couple of performance have been quite lackluster. He might be experiencing some 'other' problem we don't know of that's not fighting or not training related. Remember back when Randy fought Chuck the third and final time? He was going thru an emotional episode with the divorce proceedings he was then going thru with his ex wife. Perhaps Brandon's going thru something similar (God forbid) or maybe he's just burned out. Every fighter, MAist or even just plain practitioners get burned out at some point.

In local MA/Judo/BJJ News naman. Last Sunday I was at the Ateneo Gym to witness the annual Hajime! Judo Championships. The gold medal match for the -81kg blackbelt division was certainly a treat. We had BJJ Whiz and Pan American BJJ Black Belt Champion Mike Fowler against our very own 9 time SEAG gold medalist and two time olympian John Baylon (who trains with us at Team Fabricio)

here's a vid of the whole gold medal match on youtube:

John Baylon wins via cutting armbar in less than two minutes!

In the words of Randy Couture (after winning back the UFC HW Championship from Tim Sylvia):

"Not Bad for an Old Man.."

Congratulations to sir John and belated happy birthday last November 6 (He's already 44 by the way IMO our own version of Randy Couture).

We would love to have a Baylon/Fowler rematch this December at the Philippine International BJJ Championships but I think sir Mike Fowler has already declined due to the fact that BJJ blackbelts don't usually fight against Brownbelts (which sir John currently is in BJJ) in competition.

"UFC 94: St. Pierre vs. Penn II" officially announced

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Nov 11, 2008 at 2:51 pm ET

The Ultimate Fighting Championship today officially announced its Jan. 31 "UFC 94: St. Pierre vs. Penn II" event, which takes place Jan. 31 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The main event features a UFC welterweight championship fight between current title-holder Georges St. Pierre and UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn.

The fight, which airs live on pay per view, is a rematch of their March 2006 bout in which St. Pierre earned a split-decision win.

With a victory in the rematch, Penn could become the first fighter in UFC history to simultaneously hold belts in two different weight classes.

"This may be the most anticipated rematch in UFC history," UFC President Dana White stated in today's press release. "Their first fight was an epic battle of two of the best pound-for-pound fighters in the sport. After that fight, St. Pierre would go on to win the UFC world welterweight title, and Penn would go on to win the UFC world lightweight title."

Although not officially announced, a light heavyweight bout between Lyoto Machida and Thiago Silva is expected to take place at UFC 94. Karo Parisyan will look to reclaim contender's status against Dong Hyun Kim, and Stephan Bonnar also meets Jon Jones on the card.

Tickets for for the event go on sale on the UFC's fan club on Thursday. The general public can buy tickets beginning on Sunday.

source: http://mmajunkie.com/news/13214/ufc-94-st-...y-announced.mma

BJ Penn all the way!!!! last time they fought GSP won pero naospital sya...si bj penn wala lang...kinapos lang talaga tababoy kasi dati =)

Yes, it'll be interesting how a better conditioned BJ Penn will deal with GSP (especially now that his boxing has improved immensely). Let's not forget though that GSP has improved as well his wrestling is way better than back then (he actually recieved an invitation from the Canadian Olympic Team to compete with them during the last Beijing Olympics that's how good he's gotten) and he just recently got promoted to BJJ blackbelt. Both BJ and GSP are definitely different, better fighters than when they first fought so this one will be a classic for sure.

a classic match that we dont want to miss!...

a few days to go b4 cap vs brock na!...

Yup and just over a week before URCC 13: INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Featured Matches:

Zhang Tie Quan (Sanda China) vs. Caloy Baduria (Elorde MMA)

Justin Cruz (FOKAI Guam) vs. Kevin Belingon (Lakay Wushu)

Edward Folayang (Lakay Wushu) vs. Jerry Legaspi (Hybrid Yaw Yan)

Karl Sebiniano (Hybrid Yaw Yan) vs. Ali Khatibi (DEFTAC Jiu Jitsu)

Roy Docyogen (Lakay Wushu) vs. Jesus Rabodon (Gym Kata MMA)

Gelo Reyes (DEFTAC Jiu-Jitsu) vs. John Naval (Kyokoshin Kai Karate)

Nov. 22, A.VENUE Events Center Makati Ave. Makati City.

BakBakan Na!

Yup and just over a week before URCC 13: INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Featured Matches:

Zhang Tie Quan (Sanda China) vs. Caloy Baduria (Elorde MMA)

Justin Cruz (FOKAI Guam) vs. Kevin Belingon (Lakay Wushu)

Edward Folayang (Lakay Wushu) vs. Jerry Legaspi (Hybrid Yaw Yan)

Karl Sebiniano (Hybrid Yaw Yan) vs. Ali Khatibi (DEFTAC Jiu Jitsu)

Roy Docyogen (Lakay Wushu) vs. Jesus Rabodon (Gym Kata MMA)

Gelo Reyes (DEFTAC Jiu-Jitsu) vs. John Naval (Kyokoshin Kai Karate)

Nov. 22, A.VENUE Events Center Makati Ave. Makati City.

BakBakan Na!

In local MA/Judo/BJJ News naman. Last Sunday I was at the Ateneo Gym to witness the annual Hajime! Judo Championships. The gold medal match for the -81kg blackbelt division was certainly a treat. We had BJJ Whiz and Pan American BJJ Black Belt Champion Mike Fowler against our very own 9 time SEAG gold medalist and two time olympian John Baylon (who trains with us at Team Fabricio)

here's a vid of the whole gold medal match on youtube:

John Baylon wins via cutting armbar in less than two minutes!

In the words of Randy Couture (after winning back the UFC HW Championship from Tim Sylvia):

"Not Bad for an Old Man.."

Congratulations to sir John and belated happy birthday last November 6 (He's already 44 by the way IMO our own version of Randy Couture).

We would love to have a Baylon/Fowler rematch this December at the Philippine International BJJ Championships but I think sir Mike Fowler has already declined due to the fact that BJJ blackbelts don't usually fight against Brownbelts (which sir John currently is in BJJ) in competition.

Anong klase naman alibi yan, kung totoong hindi lumalaban ang isang BJJ blackbelt sa isang BJJ brown belt ay bakit pumayag syang lumaban kay Baylon... Besides, tinalo sya ng isang brown belt, that says a lot... Di man lang sya rumebanse ^,...,^

Dapat siguro promote na sya ni Stephen Kamphuis, tinalo nya Blackbelt eh

Edited by the_joker