Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Vera should clinch & control the MT plum then deliver a barrage of knees instead of staying at arms reach from Jardine, if he stays in front of Jardine with the intent of letting his fist go, he'd get KTFO

agree... just like jardine v. liddell where iceman took jardine for granted and took the fight lightly. vera should dictate the tempo of the fight and give it all on the first round just like what he did when he faced Mirr.

UFC 89 weigh-in results

by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Oct 17, 2008 at 11:30 am ET

All fighters taking part in Saturday's "UFC 89: Bisping vs. Leben" event hit the scales today at The NIA in Birmingham, England -- the same venue that hosts Saturday's 11-fight event -- for official weigh-ins.

Middleweight headliners Michael Bisping and Chris Leben had no problems making the 186-pound limit. Leben weighed in at 186 pounds; Bisping tipped the scale at 185.

Co-main-event light heavyweights Keith Jardine (205) and Brandon Vera (203) also had no troubles.

The full results included:

MAIN CARD

* Michael Bisping (185) vs. Chris Leben (186)

* Keith Jardine (205) vs. Brandon Vera (203)

* Luiz Cane (206) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (205)

* Chris Lytle (170) vs. Paul Taylor (170)

* Marcus Davis (169) vs. Paul Kelly (169)

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Akihiro Gono (171) vs. Dan Hardy (169)

* Shane Carwin (264) vs. Neil Wain (254)

* David Bielkheden (156) vs. Jess Liaudin (155)

* Terry Etim (155) vs. Sam Stout (155)

* David Baron (155) vs. Jim Miller (155)

* Sammy Schiavo (156) vs. Per Eklund (156)

Rogue Magazine's Black Tie Brawl will be held tom. 7PM at the Hyatt Hotel.

I didn't promote the event here too much due to the exorbitantly high cost of the tickets (Php 10,000), which is said to include a six course dinner at the Hyatt.

Anyhow goodluck to everyone who'll be fighting. To my coach Karlo Sevilla especially (had one last sparring session with him last night) who will be fighting highly touted Jerry 'the Destroyer' Legaspi from Hybrid Yaw Yan.

8 matches di ba? sino nasa fight card? alam ko lang, supporting main event, Perez vs. Tagacay. tapos main event, Ampoc vs. Docyogen.

Edited by Palakol

our boy the truth lost via decision.

source mmajunkie.com

KEITH JARDINE VS. BRANDON VERA

Round 1 - Jardine shoots in quickly, and ends up in top position. From guard, Vera rolls to try and lock in a kimura. The action stalls, and Jardine is bleeding from the top of his head. Vera continues to try and lock in the kimura, but eventually relents. Jardine lands several shots from the top position. Big right hands drop from Jardine. Back on the feet, and both fighters trade. Vera hurts Jardine, but he quickly recovers. Jardine looks for a takedown. Vera tries to lock in a kimura, but misses. Vera on his knees on the cage, and Jardine tees off on him with punches as time expires. MMAjunkie.com scores a good round for Jardine, 10-9.

Round 2 - Both fighters comfortable trading in the center of the cage. Jardine shoots in, but Vera shrugs it off. Vera catches a Jardine kick and pushes him down. Vera ends up standing over a squatting Jardine. Jardine works his way to his feet and moves away. Jardine moving more awkwardly than normal on a perhaps-wounded leg. Vera stalking, but unable to land significantshots. Jardine moves away and circles. Jardine charges forward, but Vera moves away. Jardine throws a high kick, but Vera answers with his own. Pace slowing a bit. Vera lands a body kick. Jardine rushes forward, but is unable to secure Vera. The round closes, and MMAjunkie.com scores a close round for Vera, 10-9.

Round 3 - Jardine opens quickly, and both fighters exchange. Vera lands a leg kick. Vera stalking as Jardine circles away, countering when possible. Vera throws a kick, Jardine catches and answers with his own. Jardine lands an overhead punch. Jardine pushing in now. Vera looks to be setting up a counter, but hesitates to pull the trigger. A few straight punches land from Vera. Jardine shoots in, but Vera defends. Jardine throws punches form Vera' back, but the strikes are getting through. Round still winnable by either fighter as time winds down. Leg kicks from each fighter. Jardine scores with punches, Vera answers. Exchanges at the end, but Jardine seems to get the better. MMAjunkie.com scores the round for Jardine, and the fight 29-28. Keith Jardine def. Brandon Vera via split decision (28-29, 29-28, 29-28).

Rogue Magazine's Black Tie Brawl will be held tom. 7PM at the Hyatt Hotel.

I didn't promote the event here too much due to the exorbitantly high cost of the tickets (Php 10,000), which is said to include a six course dinner at the Hyatt.

Anyhow goodluck to everyone who'll be fighting. To my coach Karlo Sevilla especially (had one last sparring session with him last night) who will be fighting highly touted Jerry 'the Destroyer' Legaspi from Hybrid Yaw Yan.

Jerson Estoro (W via KO) vs. Arnel Arancina

Robert Serdone vs. Jessi Rafols (W via KO)

Karlo Sevilla vs. Jerry Legaspi (W via RSC)

Marlon Abrigoso vs. Lando Espiniosa (W via KO)

Badong Domasian vs. Carl Sabiniano (W via Submission (Gogoplata))

Dennis Padua vs. Andrew Benibe (W via RSC)

Bimbi Perez vs. Lino Tagacay (W via DQ)

Noble Ampoc vs. Roy Docyogen (W via Submission (Rear Naked Choke))

Jerson Estoro (W via KO) vs. Arnel Arancina

Robert Serdone vs. Jessi Rafols (W via KO)

Karlo Sevilla vs. Jerry Legaspi (W via RSC)

Marlon Abrigoso vs. Lando Espiniosa (W via KO)

Badong Domasian vs. Carl Sabiniano (W via Submission (Gogoplata))

Dennis Padua vs. Andrew Benibe (W via RSC)

Bimbi Perez vs. Lino Tagacay (W via DQ)

Noble Ampoc vs. Roy Docyogen (W via Submission (Rear Naked Choke))

Another Gogoplata finish by Carl Sabiniano. Impressive.

Vera should be kicked out of UFC. very disappointing!

Look guys. Let's not be to hard on Brandon. Sure it was a disappointing loss but heck it could have gone either way.

I wish he could have gone after Jardine with a lil more 'intensity' if you know what I mean. Brandon reminded me of Andrei Arlovski when he fought Fabrico Verdum.

He did take the middle of the octagon but he was just reacting to what Jardine was giving him. Apart from that beautiful 'knee stomp' he did (textbook muay thai there) I found his performance quite lackluster.

Kudos to Marcus Davis, Paul Taylor (though he lost) and one of my all time faves Chris Lytle for showing us how it's done. That's the way you're supposed to fight to get fans into the seats.

Edited by geneticfreak

ufc89..stand up matches is back. minsan boring lang kung walang tko.

yabang ni lesben ayun wasak mukha nya. if bisping landed the ko kick ewan ko lang. ang yabang nya, 2x nya ginawa na "come on hit me" habang ang kamay nya ay "ginapos" nya sa likuran nya. bisping got an intelligent game plan just to score a UD.

the truth ay mukhang natatakot na mainjure nya si jardine habang buhay. the knee stomp obviously hurt jardine pero hindi nya to tinuluyan. hindi rin nya tinuloy ang kimura sa 1st rnd.

yari si sokoudjou. big mucles really consumes lot of oxygen. kinapos ayun TKO by RSC.

vera's not the same fighter as the vera who promised that he'd be the first to hold both HW and LHW titles at the same time

after he lost to Sylvia, he's become gunshy and doesn't even try to push the pace.

he's at a crossroads now and this is where we will know if Brandon has what it takes to turn it all around.

---------

Bisping has shown that he isn't ready for a fight with Silva yet, his punch and run gameplan might have worked with Leben, but it won't for Silva. Anderson's too smart and too quick for that.

And I hate Bisping btw, one of those fighters who doesn't fight to win, but rather fights to not lose. I wish he had Paul Kelly's heart, that f**ker would go through anything to win.