• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.

Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Any pure bred Filipino that is worthy of the UFC?

Is Chuck running a clinic??? cost.. location???

Hmm.. Come to think of it. Eduard Folayang from Lakay Wushu with a lil bit more ground work I think is definitely UFC worthy. Actually that Lakay team has got a bunch of guys who I think who can fight internationally kaso if you consider the fact that the UFC's weight classes start at 155lbs I think only Folayang and perhaps Joel Amurao would be 'big' enough.

Another one I think would be Asian Indoor Games Muay Thai Champion Ruben Sumido. A lil more groundwork and he'll get there.

Edited by geneticfreak
Hmm.. Come to think of it. Eduard Folayang from Lakay Wushu with a lil bit more ground work I think is definitely UFC worthy. Actually that Lakay team has got a bunch of guys who I think who can fight internationally kaso if you consider the fact that the UFC's weight classes start at 155lbs I think only Folayang and perhaps Joel Amurao would be 'big' enough.

Another one I think would be Asian Indoor Games Muay Thai Champion Ruben Sumido. A lil more groundwork and he'll get there.

Yup these two are definitely caliber.

Even Mark Sangiao and Rency Calvelo

Chuck is a UFC legend, a lost is a lost hindi kahihiyan yan. At the right time, anyone can beaten by anybody.

+1 chief, in MMA often times number crunching is thrown out of the ring/octagon once the fight starts ^_^

i don't think it really was a humiliating loss, as he's already been there before and with a bit more training he'd be back there again. Chuck admitted that it was a bad habit of his to try and sneak an uppercut with that distance to an opponent, he said he does it all the time "like a bad habit", i see him in his fights connect with that, but he got suckered in the Rampage fight trying that same thing, and then came Evans. props to Evans because he won, but he don't get no love from me for his showboating. i dunno, everyone has a right to celebrate after a win, but he took it to another level... a level down sadly.

so yeah i'd still welcome Chuck here on the 21st hope Brandon comes to. ^_^

and about another pinoy MMA fighter abroad, i believe so theres that guy fighting in WEC, i don't recall his name but probably some of you do. ^_^

any vids of this mark munoz?

is he taking on Faber anytime soon? :D

much props to this man

Well as for a match with Faber malayo pa ito sir. He's only had one match palang in the WEC I believe but he did win it in a very impressive fashion.

Additional Facts about Mark Munoz:

Muñoz is slated to fight Steve Steinbeiss in WEC 36 on November 5, 2008.

Muñoz goes by the moniker "The Philippine Wrecking Machine"

Muñoz is slated to fight Steve Steinbeiss in WEC 36 on November 5, 2008.

Steinbeiss name is awfully familiar, anyway a quick check of google reveals that Munoz has pulled out of their fight due to an undisclosed injury. sayang.

it was also said that it was a "winner-stays-loser-goes" type match, which, I assume means, that the winner gets to fight in the UFC (once they complete the integration of WEC into UFC) and the loser leaves without a contract.

+1 chief, in MMA often times number crunching is thrown out of the ring/octagon once the fight starts ^_^

i don't think it really was a humiliating loss, as he's already been there before and with a bit more training he'd be back there again. Chuck admitted that it was a bad habit of his to try and sneak an uppercut with that distance to an opponent, he said he does it all the time "like a bad habit", i see him in his fights connect with that, but he got suckered in the Rampage fight trying that same thing, and then came Evans. props to Evans because he won, but he don't get no love from me for his showboating. i dunno, everyone has a right to celebrate after a win, but he took it to another level... a level down sadly.

Yeah Its not a humiliating loss after all iceman had gone way far in the way he fight at ufc, didn't you notice bihira sya mag ground. In other words chuck barely used mma style of fighting to become the legend that he is now. Evan is a wrestler... I wonder if he can dominate the ufc using a single style like what chuckie did all in his career as a fighter. What's evans advantage is that he knows well how to apply what he had trained before the fight, unlike other fighters, minsan hindi yung pinraktis ang inaaply sa mismong laban. Naturaly in mma you can use 2-3 different style I wonder how Rashad will defeat his next opponent. Sure he got lucky K.O. chuck using the iceman's style of stand up fighting, but what will be Evans style to dominate his future opponents? After all chuck is old already medyo bumaba na ang intensity nya, yet he will still be seen as a unique mma and not the typical mma like Rashad.

So chuckie your still welcome here in manila!

Can somebody please post the details of the iceman's visit... where po ba?

and about another pinoy MMA fighter abroad, i believe so theres that guy fighting in WEC, i don't recall his name but probably some of you do. ^_^

Steinbeiss name is awfully familiar, anyway a quick check of google reveals that Munoz has pulled out of their fight due to an undisclosed injury. sayang.

it was also said that it was a "winner-stays-loser-goes" type match, which, I assume means, that the winner gets to fight in the UFC (once they complete the integration of WEC into UFC) and the loser leaves without a contract.

Injury is another opponent in most kind of sport... even basketball, so safety first! And what..... wec bought out by ufc? hhhmmm

Yeah Its not a humiliating loss after all iceman had gone way far in the way he fight at ufc, didn't you notice bihira sya mag ground. In other words chuck barely used mma style of fighting to become the legend that he is now. Evan is a wrestler... I wonder if he can dominate the ufc using a single style like what chuckie did all in his career as a fighter. What's evans advantage is that he knows well how to apply what he had trained before the fight, unlike other fighters, minsan hindi yung pinraktis ang inaaply sa mismong laban. Naturaly in mma you can use 2-3 different style I wonder how Rashad will defeat his next opponent. Sure he got lucky K.O. chuck using the iceman's style of stand up fighting, but what will be Evans style to dominate his future opponents? After all chuck is old already medyo bumaba na ang intensity nya, yet he will still be seen as a unique mma and not the typical mma like Rashad.

So chuckie your still welcome here in manila!

Can somebody please post the details of the iceman's visit... where po ba?

Any pure bred Filipino that is worthy of the UFC?

^ geneticfreak is right, the first pure Pinoy UFC fighter could be Edward Folayang...

(btw, geneticfreak do you post also in PinoyMMA? I think i saw you post there...)

oh, to the guy who asked if Mark Munoz will fight Faber, it won't happen. Munoz fights at 205...

about the Chuck loss, s@%t really does happen... unfortunately, it was Chuck landing on s@%t rather than Shad... i also don't agree on Shad getting first dibs on Forrest, but i think it's out of necessity... if Lyoto wasn't injured then he could've been matched up with Shad for a #1 contender fight...