Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Which brings me to ask, who do you think is MMA's classiest fighter?

Fedor never talks trash - if he ever talks at all. He just steps into the ring, does his job by laying waste to his opponent, and leaves. Yun nga lang, wala rin sya yung mga overt displays of sportsmanship...

URCC X

Allan Co and Richard Lasprilla both lost to fighters from Team Lakay Wushu - who incidentally seems to be the toughest team in Phil. MMA today

those baguio boys are hard no doubt.

Freaking hell!! sabi na eh! tang*na nbc tent is just accross the road from our house but I was fu*king drunk to stand up...man! I love to see that fight ..You're right bro those wushu guys from baguio are really tough ones!, and little by little they are dominating URCC, from the lighter weights going up. the last time I watched urcc, a wushu guy got the belt from the deftac champion, and It was hes first urcc fight ...how did the fight end??..submission?..knock out?

Ganda nung fights based sa kwento sa ken ng friend ko who watched it.

Folayang vs. Co - Kahit nasa ground and nasa "GUARD" yung Folayang e ground and pound ang nangyari. Nabugbog si Allan. Heavy handed talaga tong batang to. Grabe! If you were able to see the pics on-line. This is the 1st time nakita kong duguan at maga ang mukha nya.

Belingon vs. Lasprilla - Richard manage to do a submission move but the fighter from Baguio was able to escape. Then ground and pund din sa guard. Pero dun daw talaga nakita yung potential ni Richard as a Fighter. May "PUSO" talaga.

Pero kahit ano pang nangyari e I still admire those guys for giving out their best. Lalo na kay Allan na kahit basag na e laban pa din.

Lets get it on!!! :thumbsupsmiley:

What separates the good from the great is the ablity to come back a better fighter after a loss. If they did indeed lose, let's hope that Lasprilla and Co learn from the experience - sayang naman if they can't come back from the defeat.

Isn't it interesting that the URCC today is somewhat reminiscent of the earlier days of the UFC where dominance shifted from one camp to another? The emergence of Team Lakay definitely stirred things up in the local MMA scene. Promising new fighters are now being discovered left and right and this gives depth to the roster. I hope the trend keeps up as it can only benefit the sport and the fans.

wow, the Wushu guys won Fedor-style.. GNP from anywhere.. :lol:

i think the biggest difference is that (correct me if i'm wrong) the Team Lakay Wushu guys are full-time fighters.. that's what Alvin Aguilar mentioned when he guested on Magic 89.9, that most (if not all) fighters are part-time fighters only..

wow, the Wushu guys won Fedor-style.. GNP from anywhere.. :lol:

i think the biggest difference is that (correct me if i'm wrong) the Team Lakay Wushu guys are full-time fighters.. that's what Alvin Aguilar mentioned when he guested on Magic 89.9, that most (if not all) fighters are part-time fighters only..

I agree. The wushu guys almost train like 6 hours and twice a day pa ata.

But this does not mean that allan and richard lost because they did not train that hard. I've seen richard train in gracie alabang and all out din talaga.

Iba lang talaga yung todo tutok ka sa training and wala ka ng ibang ginagawa kundi lumaban lang.

We must admit that mma fighting here in the phils. is not a stable job and what you'll earn sa mga fights mo will not guarantee you anything in the future.

Anderson Silva is an animal! really smooth jiu jitsu with that reverse and transition to GnP.

kenflo has gone a long way since The Ultimate Fighter, I was pretty impressed.

Tito is as boring as ever, and Rashad was too scared of Tito to capitalize on Tito running out of steam.

Sean Sherk is a cardio machine, the fight wasn't the most exciting but damn Sherk is a machine!