Mixed Martial Arts

aidz

Guest uglykid
There is no official JKD here in the Philippines.

Ā 

The Perico Style JKD is.... well.... no comment.

what's the difference between the original JKD and the Perico-style JKD? please excuse my ignorance :)

Ā 

by the way, i'm into boxing

Original JKD was the brainchild of the Legend Bruce Lee based from a mixture of all the arts he had learned, he combined it into one flowing art, JKD.

Ā 

Lee had a number of students during his time, but only a handful were really able to pick up where he left and continued practicing and mastering the art.

Ā 

Perico JKD, as implied, is a form of JKD which Joey Perico developed based on the original JKD of Bruce Lee.

Guest uglykid

KingMaker,

Ā 

thanks for the info. it's great that we have this martial arts thread. let's keep it alive guys

Ā 

:cool:

Ā 

to all of you,

train hard!!!! :D

I hope I'm welcome to post here. I am a fello bugeisha/budokai like the rest of you.

Ā 

Anyone here know where I can receive Wushu training?

Ā 

Share ko lang:

Ā 

The 13th KOI Karate World Cup will be held in Manila on 13-15 August 2004. Tentative venue will be at SM Megamall Megatrade halls. This will be handled and participated locally by AAK (Association to the Advancement of Karatedo).

Ā 

FYI: I am also a physician, so any martial art related injury or otherwise, feel free to ask me for free consult. Always happy to help fellow martial artists.

Guest uglykid

hello fellow martial artists! maybe we can share our training programs here to spice up the discussion :)

Ā 

I'm into boxing so here's a summary of my training program. take note that this is just a generalization. it changes from time to time.

Ā 

feel free to criticize and make suggestions :)

Ā 

Ā 

Monday/Wednesday/Friday: BOXING

Warm-up: shadowboxing

1) Punch Mitt - 6 rounds

2) Heavy Bag - 2 rounds

3) Double-End Bag / Punch Ball - 2 rounds

4) Speed Ball - 2 rounds

5) Skipping Rope - 2 rounds

6) Abdominal Exercises (leg raises, sit-ups, side bends, etc.)

Ā 

Saturday: WEIGHT-TRAINING

1) Barbells Squats

2) Dumbbell Lunges

3) Calf Raises (Calf Machine)

4) Bench Press

5) Dumbbell Rows

6) Military Press

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

since I don't have time for roadwork, I just try to squeeze in some minutes at the treadmill or stationary bike

Ā 

Ā 

B)

fahfrd sorry bro, by referal lang nakilala ko ang aking teacher. you should try ymca makati ask around. you might get lucky someone refers you to somebody who knows somebody. talagang mahirap makatagpo ng good teacher who is willing to take you in as a student.....it took me 2 to 3 years just to gain their trust.

No problem.

Ā 

Thanks, dude. :)

hi snowflake...why? do you know any dojo or instructors that teaches jeet kune do?

i'm interested in the original jkd. but i hve read somewhere that currently there are no certified jkd instructors here in the phil..if you know of one please tell us the details...thnks..

Dear prito,

Ā 

I attended twice abroad seminars on the real Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do. This is for anyone who is interested to just train. I am no instructor but I hope we could have an informal group. This is open to fans of Bruce Lee. Pls pm for details. Thanks

Ā 

Snow

Dear prito,

Ā 

I attended twice abroad seminars on the real Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do. This is for anyone who is interested to just train. I am no instructor but I hope we could have an informal group. This is open to fans of Bruce Lee. Pls pm for details. Thanks

Ā 

Snow

Hi Snowflake,

Have recieved your PM, thank you. Will contact you one of these days. I am interested in learning more-or-less the original JKD. Your plan for an informal group is great. Though have to tell you that my previous background was in Shotokan Karate(SKIF) and that was a long time ago so it's a little bit different from JKD.

Hope there are other JKD fans out there.

:mtc:

Where exactly in ParaƱaque are you located at? There's the Deftac gym in BF and the Elorde gym for boxing.

There's actually a couple of choices still. There's the original SARIAN gym owned by Bob Cousart, it's in Phase 3 near PCJ Parish Church. I just don't know who's running it now. There's also Wild Card Gym in BF owned by Rod Nazario, Manny Pacquiao's manager. The Pacman trains there whenever he's in Manila. If you go a little bit to the South there's RINGSIDE Boxing Gym near the Alabang Town Center. Marty Elorde is part owner of this joint and his trainers come from the Philippine Navy Boxing Team and the Elorde Boxing Stable. Good mix of Amateur and Pro Training. Nearby is RED CORNER GYM. The RED CORNER GYM in Makati offers both boxing and gracie jujitsu by DEFTAC. There's a good chance they the same menu as well. Just check it out.

Guest uglykid
No i dont, i'm just a student.

pareng TequilaJoe, can you please define 'submission sports". Is this like Brazilian Jujitsu or Greco-Roman Wrestling?

Ā 

And where can we enroll if ever we are interested to learn.

Ā 

Please pardon my ignorance. Thanks friend :)