The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

If your buying a car for practicality get a hatchback less weight = less gas. Also consider replacement parts and lastly looks. Basically you have 4 options

Focus = rust plus bad tranny (F.O.R.D. = Fix or repair daily) bad rep*tation even in North America

Mazda 3 = another product by FORD

Jazz = Good Product by Honda a little bit Expensive

Colt = Good engine (But Mits has had a bad rep*tation lately) I will still consider this as Mits is trying to fix its name could be really cheap.

Chevy Aveo = Though an american brands is still a Daewoo product.

Peugeot 206cc = Really nice looking.

I hope I covered everything.

Hey All, 

What is the most practical new car? in the 1.6L class, Civic, Altis, Sentra, Optra, Mazda 3, etc.

Pls state your reasons.  Am looking for the best value for money. :cool:

Thanks!

:mtc:

hi, i'll say mazda3 & ford focus have share some designs in the making. nagibalang ang kaha. but ang interior mas advance ang mazda3 from the speedmeter & quages kulay red n blue combinations ala audi or bmw ang dating. ang aircon ducts nya ay well place then u can put a bigger magwheels to it.

well, ang ford focus simple pagdating sa interior. common styling ang guages the stereo is nt high tech looking compare to a japanese car. then mas maliit ang makakabit mong magwheels compare to mazda3.

remember go for what car ur happy with atleast. hindi ka magsisisi pag na bili mo na.

:P

hi, it's me again. personal choice ko IS-200 lexus. try to chk it out for urself b4 u buy some other brands.

lexus is the luxury brand ng toyota to compete with the elite with a resonnable price.

i always turn my head if an IS-200 passby very stunning ang front looks to the tail. then ang meter and guages is more compare to a street car. ang rpm ay nasa gitna ala honda SIR and ford RS. then ang shifter nya ay naka position na all tym race ready ka.

the close spook hoodscoop not so visual and the bad thing is maliit at masikip compare to vios or altiz. but mabilis at matipid sya. may cruise control pa and ulitin ko head turner ito.

IS-250 is out so mura na ang IS-200. as the dealer for a old stock na is-200 but brand new and slash the price coz they have to clean the bodega.

pag naka bili ka na inform me para matahimik na ako na celebrate with u over the net.

goodnite and sleep well :hypocritesmiley:

Altis = 16

Civic = 9

Chevy Optra 1.6 = 7 votes

Mazda 3 = 7

Jazz = 6 (any variant na)

Vios = 5

Focus = 4

Lynx = 2

Getz = 1

Matrix = 1

I'm leaning toward the jazz and Vios.... price maybe the City. Haven't looked at it up close yet.

I'm looking at dealerships who sell the cars cheaper although brand new. Any experience with them? I need to close before evat gets implemented.... :D

depends...

if like i'm earning 1million a month (with family): a Ferrari

if like i'm earning 25k a month (with family for over five years from now): a jazz (financing pa yan)

if like i'm earning 15k a month: much as well commute. di pa ready mag raise ng pamilya.

solo son (father's a big time businessman): syempre yung pinakamahal at maganda!

sorry, i was hoping u get IS-200 lexus and i forgot under 600-800 range ang gusto mo. city or vios or altis n u won't go wrong. suggestions lang check if they have the soup up pack or dress-up package lyk type-Z for toyota n type-R for honda?

and again go for what ur hapi with n hindi ka magsisisi at the end coz u do it your way.

p.s. hi, to murusame

i wouldnt purchase the lexus is200 unless you know how much it will cost to maintain the car. A friend mo mine recently order replaceble parts like fuel filter/oil filter/axle boot and other smalla things lang which wasnt available locally. bill was running over P100T + this would make you think twice in owning these car locally.

"practical" may be different from one person to another. masyadong broad yan for a word. so what factors qualify ba as practical para sa 'yo?

km/L ratio ba?

tibay ng kotse?

re-slae value?

service issues?

parts availability?

pogi-points?

the list goes on pero it's up to you to put yung premium kung saan. each car make has an advantage over the other. the optra for example angat sa lahat in terms of value-feature ratio. fully loaded @ 700+ K. but if you're concerned sa re-slae value or mileage/L tagilid 'to. the altis on the other hand gives a better km/L ratio, matibay, mataas ang re-sale value & most of all, madali ang parts. but aesthetics-wise, sabi ng iba mukha daw spaceship. anyway, looks are subjective naman so depende sa taste mo yan. honda kilalang matibay.some say it's even sexier than the alstis lalo na yung bagong model. taas lang ng maintenance cost.

bottomline, it really depends on your need & the premium you want.

pare, try checking http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums. marami kang tips makukuha dun. ;)

as for me, mas type ko yung x-trail eh kaysa mag-sedan. :)

good luck!

Edited by kadafy