The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

I wouldn't buy a car, I've gone the leasing route for the past 15 years. For the amount of time that I keep a car, factoring in the resale value and your mothly payments, it almost evens out on just getting a 30-month lease. And you end up driving a better car, as well as getting full warranty coverage (maintenance servicing, repairs if needed, etc) for the life of the lease. You usually also get a loaner car free each time your car is in for service (oil changes, etc).

WAG NIYO NA PAGTALUNAN KUNG ANO ANG BEST CAR! lahat yan may advantage at disadvantage. It's the buyer's preference nalang that will push what car she/he will buy.

Kung gusto mo engine performance GO for Honda Civic. Cge karerahin mo lahat ng sasakyan sa kalsada at ubusin mo gasolina mo kakaspeed. pagdating sa dulo aabutan ka ng 1970 na galant kasi traffic.

Kung gusto mo na overall japorms, best handling, excellent interior, sporty look that no other sedan has even come close in its class GO for Mazda. cge talbogan mo lahat ng looks ng rivals nito. panalo ka na!

Kung gusto mo ng super practical. GO for BMX. magbike ka nalang, walang gas hanggang mamatay ka buhay pa ito at ipamana mo sa apo sa tuhod.

• 2 weeks later...

I drive a 96 Civic - no problems. So I would lean towards getting the new Civic coming out later this year. BUT, you should do some calculations. The cheapest Optra comes in at 599K according to motioncars.com. The cheapest Altis comes in at 708K, also according to motioncars. That's a 109K difference! Factor in the 2 years' free service (parts + labor) and you're talking about something like...well, let's just say 150K to make the discussion simpler. 150K savings from getting an Optra vs. Altis. Brand new.

Now, if you're not planning to keep your car for a long time, you'll lose on resale, no question. So if you will keep changing cars, then go for Toyota, or Honda, they have the highest resale. But, if you're planning to keep the car for awhile (more than 5 years) then Optra looks like the best value. 109K savings on the retail price can buy you more than 80 full tanks of gas! I estimate 1 full tank of gas for 2 weeks of driving (for myself). That would mean that the price difference between the Optra and Altis would pay for 3 years worth of gas! That's not insignificant. Of course, I can't speak to the reliability or anything. But my aunt and cousin each have an Optra (for over a year) and so far no complaints from either.

The first car I used here was a four door sedan na toyota echo(di ata to nilabas sa pinas coz the echo's that were introduce in the R.P. where all hatchbacks)

kung baga parang vios dyan.

All I can say is talagang matipid. And for a compact car, it accelerates swiftly(dito ksi kailangan medyo matulin ka magdrive)

If this car is available in the Phil, you might wanna check it out!

Oh, believe it or not, dito mas mataas ang resale value nang toyotas and nissans compared with hondas!

A Civic would always top my vote. second would be the Altis but the resale value would be much lower than that of a Civic. But if you can afford a Civic, the best buy right now would be the Mazda 3. Its more than 2 years now since it was launched and it keeps on turning my head - everytime-- it would pass me by. I presumed Ford (which bought Mazda) has invested so much in design and quality of the car. There hasnt been any significant complaints on it other than perhaps being eye candy to some carnap syndicates. :D Presumably, there might be slight differences compared to Jap cars (e.g mileage economy), but Im not into head-to-head, spec-to-spec comparison. As long as it has A/C, all-power and can give me that 130km punch to outwit that Tsinoy carrying his dad's Volvo, I can live with that. Its in the design area that the Mazda 3 clearly beats the rest of them all.

Yung concern ksi sa mazda yung makina. Ford na ksi may ari nyan. Yung ford mukhang mahal expedition pero affordable. So the same with ford labas lang maganda.

Tingnan natin mga 3-5years from now mazda 3

Although Ford owns 40% of Mazda Japan and 40% of VOLVO and Ford Focus, MAzda 3 and Vovlo S40 havs the same plaform the engines are not the same. I got the old Mazda Familia 323 and there is no problem with it, its been 7 years na, ang problema is FORD force Alvarez family to stop manufacturing Mazda in the Philippines coz they wanna enter our market that's why na discontinue ang mazda.

Mazda 3 is underpowered although the features are nice and the design is good.

Ford Focus has better power compared mazda3 2.0 and german designed but i heard its a gas guzzler, the tranny usually stays in 3rd gear on city driving.

i think if one doesn't need a big car, you can go for honda jazz or city 1.5 or toyota vios 1.5, don't get the 1.3 it will be underpowere, cars underpowered uses more fuel.

I hope i contributed something with what i know

guys, d ko lang magets bakit tumataas ang displacement ng mga kotse eh mahal mahal na ng gas ngayon.. like accord dati 2.0 lang.. naging 2.4, tapos ngayon 3.0 na.. same with camry.. bkt kaya? hmmmmmmmm...

underpowered kasi ang 2.0 for accord and camry, if u compute the weight ratio and the power the result is power is not enough for the weight that's why they have to raise it up

When I bought my M3, I paid a reservation fee of 5K cash. At that time there was a 3-6 month waiting period. I don't know about ford this time, but when I went there nobody mentioned anything about a 5K cash etc.

Now back to topic.

If I can, I would like an Aston Martin DB9 "Vanquisher" - dreaming... :rolleyes:

A Mazda 6 2006 will suffice for now. ^_^

What Is The Most Practical Brand New Car?

..this is how i define practical pagdating sa tsikot :

mura

efficient sa gas

get's me from point A to point B safely kahit di mabilis (traffic naman lagi eh)

komportable (may aircon, may stereo)

may space sa loob for more than 2 people

..eh ano pa ba? edi Kia Pride.

wala ako nun, but dahil nga sa nabanggit kong rason, I just might get me one.

...or not.

-Sinâ„¢