The Car Buying Guide - Brand New Cars

chevy optra? 

handling sucks!  understeers more than other compact sedans.

fuel consumption sucks!  it is just at par with 2.0L sedans/SUVs.

not true bro..the altis is a lot more worse in handling! suspension is not that good either....take it from a former owner...porma lng talaga.the best pa rin handling ng civic and lynx 2.0 RS. but the comfort and superiority of the rear independent suspension of the optra is totally unmatched :cool: i'm on negotiation right now with GM Makati on acquiring one..the 1.8LT that is.

my friends already do have these superb cars and fuel consumption is not surprising to me...about 7-9km/l on city driving.

sulit pre!

A mustang or a vintage corvette never grows old!!

If I have tanks of moolah, I'll get myself one of those vintage cars that we only see in Hollywood...such as that Jaguar Roadster that Ryan Philippe used in Cruel Intentions...Basta, I have a thing for vintage cars! Kung mga bago naman, gusto ko yung kotse ni Vin Diesel sa Fast and the Furious...throw in Vin Diesel himself and I'll die a happy woman.. :P

i got to drive the vio's more than ones. well very responsive everytym i hit the pedal. roomy enough for a

5'9. u'll luv d design - center dash ang speed meter helps u see d front more. with it's compactness easy

to move around and the vio's feels very light in terms of weight.

sori, haven't a chance to drive the jazz. :grr:

motoring gurus puede mag tanong po.

whats the cheapest brand new car in the market now. my wife would like to avail carplan in her work. tanong nya sa akin meron pa ba brand new car na nasa 300 to 400 k bracket

thanks

You can choose between the Kia Picanto and Hyundai Getz. Both are priced at 400K+ and are good buys in my book. Personally, I'd go for the Getz as it has a better executed exterior.

Though if you want a really, really cheapo car, there's the Geely 1.0, priced at 350K+ but is not worth it (you'd be better off buying a 2nd hand car - the interior and exterior just screams EL CHEAPO).

You can choose between the Kia Picanto and Hyundai Getz.  Both are priced at 400K+ and are good buys in my book.  Personally, I'd go for the Getz as it has a better executed exterior.

Though if you want a really, really cheapo car, there's the Geely 1.0, priced at 350K+ but is not worth it (you'd be better off buying a 2nd hand car - the interior and exterior just screams EL CHEAPO).

Get hyundai Getz.. if your really looking for a brand new car..

If NOT.. get a second hand car Preferrable 3yrs old and above. Get a 1.6 variant.

MINGGOY, better get the getz. it's very porma when u decide to dress it up later. i saw it already fully dress up including the upper pakpak sa likod. then with a bigger wheel n mags. wow ang tapang ng porma. althought the interior is plastic but it's not obvious without a 2nd look. it's nice and simple to the chassis and the back is jus simply roomy than kia picanto.

try to get the top variant or model for a better interior if there's any difference fr the basic one.

i've seen black n yellow fully dress-up n driven them. move than ok for me. :P

It also less likely to be carnapped than the Japanese counterparts.....according to TMG

due

1. Lesser resale value than japanese brands

2. Parts are not interchangeable with others compared to Jap brands

3. Not used as taxi

4. One will have a hard time finding replacement parts when it is brought to southern philippines

5. others

Pinaka-practical pa rin na 1.6 sa akin ang Ford Lynx GSI. Maluwag sa loob saka busog sa freebies like tools, power doors, alarm, tint, and my favorite, yung backup sensors. Saka kayang kayang iwan sa highway ang City, Jazz, Vios, and Corolla. Mababa lang ang resale value, pero what the heck, I don't intend to sell it naman.

Got mine last year for P600K.