Random Thoughts Thread

Rembrandt, Monet, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Degas, El Greco, Matisse, Seurat and the gang, I've been hoping to see you someday.

... I guess that someday is not today but I certainly hope soon :(

Looky here guys Pablo's visiting the gang in October for an exclusive showing... It seems someday is just 2 months away.

post-526772-0-98560700-1502634142_thumb.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

No matter how companies try to appraise and quantify the performance of their employees, there will always be qualities in a person which cannot be measured:

• Integrity - doing good when no one is looking
  • Leadership - leading from the front and by example
  • Dedication - doing more for less; going out of one's way to deliver results
  • Reliability - always there when needed; first to report, last to leave
  • Like (+1) 1

^On the other hand, even in the corporate world, there will always be people who will do bad things when no one Is looking and cheat their way to success if they can get away with it. These are the gamers who game the system, who exploit whatever loophole can be found in metrics used to measure individual performance.

• Like (+1) 1

Do not, for a minute, think that you're a finished work. Human beings are works in progress. At some point in a relationship, our partners evolved from someone we fell in love with into a person we're unfamiliar with. This unfamiliarity is not always kinder, more beautiful, or funnier. Sometimes this new person goes from being a health buff into a couch potato, from a sex-crazed person to a sleep obsessed human being. Sometimes I wonder if the problem is change itself or our illusion of foreverness?

• Like (+1) 2