Bongbong Marcos vs Leni Robredo  

473 members have voted

1. 1. Naniniwala ka bang may pagtatangka o nagaganap na pandaraya?

• Oo naniniwala ako
    • Hindi ako naniniwala
    • 'Di ako sigurado

7 hours ago, IamGrumpy said:

Direct benefit I don’t know! But there is a lot at stake right now in this election. What is ironic is that 2022 is the 50th year since Martial Law was declared in the Philippines and the candidate leading in the survey is the son of the dictator 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously there is a possibility of us going back to the Martial Law days if he actually wins😭😭😭

I dont think so. People are not the same as they were 40 50 years ago. May social media, may mobile phone. Nung nag martial law lang si PRD sa Mindanao halos magkagulo na tao, what more if it is the whole country. Its more of BBMs detractors ang nagsasabi na magkaka Martial law if he wins. 

• Like (+1) 1
On 5/2/2022 at 6:46 PM, Bigshotbob32 said:

I dont think so. People are not the same as they were 40 50 years ago. May social media, may mobile phone. Nung nag martial law lang si PRD sa Mindanao halos magkagulo na tao, what more if it is the whole country. Its more of BBMs detractors ang nagsasabi na magkaka Martial law if he wins. 

Its true that people from the 70s and 80s are not the same compared to those born in the 90s and beyond. People born in my era had the LUXURY of experiencing the Marcos era in the same way that you experienced the post Marcos time which started with the term of Cory Aquino. So it should be easy for you to understand our fears of another ML era.

Cheers!

Need ng numbers sa congreso kung sino mang presidente ang nagbabalak mag declare ng martial law.. Congress din nakasalalay if magiging gaano katagal ito.. 

And hnde nmn din pede ideclare basta trip nya lng.. Rebellion, invasion, public safety.. 

Unless siguro may nagbabalak na manggulo kung sino man matalo.. Kaya natatakot sa martial law.. 😁

Pero sina cory nmn gumawa ng batas na yan sa 1987 consti di ba? So it must/should be good.. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
22 hours ago, wuf said:

Need ng numbers sa congreso kung sino mang presidente ang nagbabalak mag declare ng martial law.. Congress din nakasalalay if magiging gaano katagal ito.. 

And hnde nmn din pede ideclare basta trip nya lng.. Rebellion, invasion, public safety.. 

Unless siguro may nagbabalak na manggulo kung sino man matalo.. Kaya natatakot sa martial law.. 😁

Pero sina cory nmn gumawa ng batas na yan sa 1987 consti di ba? So it must/should be good.. 😉

That’s the ideal situation. But in the case of the 1972 martial law how can congress approve it when most of the opposition congressmen were already arrested and jailed. Marcos never convened both houses but unilaterally declared ML. In 1973 he even declared himself both President and the Prime Minister but never convened the legislature. 

On 5/2/2022 at 11:20 AM, IamGrumpy said:

Direct benefit I don’t know! But there is a lot at stake right now in this election. What is ironic is that 2022 is the 50th year since Martial Law was declared in the Philippines and the candidate leading in the survey is the son of the dictator 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously there is a possibility of us going back to the Martial Law days if he actually wins😭😭😭

Those fears are misplaced. BBM is of different generation. The opposition themselves are verbally bullying the candidate for being dumb despite qualifying for Oxford entrance exams. If he is that dumb, I suppose he will not be admitted to the school.   If he is seen as dumb, then he is very unlike his father. Moreover, most henchmen of Marcos have switched sides.  The fear of former Loyalists is they will have to cough up the amount of capital that Marcos gave them and want back.  A lot of the cronies that made ML a reality now support opposition because in the event of a BBM win, they may have to cooperate and suffer loss of independence.

12 minutes ago, hit05 said:

Those fears are misplaced. BBM is of different generation. The opposition themselves are verbally bullying the candidate for being dumb despite qualifying for Oxford entrance exams. If he is that dumb, I suppose he will not be admitted to the school.   If he is seen as dumb, then he is very unlike his father. Moreover, most henchmen of Marcos have switched sides.  The fear of former Loyalists is they will have to cough up the amount of capital that Marcos gave them and want back.  A lot of the cronies that made ML a reality now support opposition because in the event of a BBM win, they may have to cooperate and suffer loss of independence.

BBM and I are in the same generation. I did not say he is dumb. He may have studied at Oxford but did not graduate. What I’m saying is he is incapable of leading this country. If I may guess most of the people will vote for BBM not because he is capable but because they hate the Aquino’s so much due the bad experiences and BBM represents all that is against the Aquino that is why they gravitate towards him.  

14 hours ago, IamGrumpy said:

That’s the ideal situation. But in the case of the 1972 martial law how can congress approve it when most of the opposition congressmen were already arrested and jailed. Marcos never convened both houses but unilaterally declared ML. In 1973 he even declared himself both President and the Prime Minister but never convened the legislature. 

there were lots of safeguards in the 1987 constitution, ML might still happen/declare only if the conditions stipulated provisions be satisfied, and of course if should be majority decision of the both houses.

3 hours ago, IamGrumpy said:

BBM and I are in the same generation. I did not say he is dumb. He may have studied at Oxford but did not graduate. What I’m saying is he is incapable of leading this country. If I may guess most of the people will vote for BBM not because he is capable but because they hate the Aquino’s so much due the bad experiences and BBM represents all that is against the Aquino that is why they gravitate towards him.  

I have seen footage of  pink rallies from YouTube making fun of that.  Many self styled entrepreneur who refuses or skipped to be molded by school doctrines are undeniably successful. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, to name a few, are such people.    I am not discouraging higher schooling but it is a give and take also, since a person may need to unlearn a lot of unwanted knowledge based on poor understanding from schools.  Locally there is CM Recto who is like Abe Lincoln and self learned law books before making a name by passing the Bar exams with top rank.  I believe Ninoy has education that is far from stellar too since he moved from one school to the next.

Edited by jacuzzi
2 hours ago, jacuzzi said:

I have seen footage of  pink rallies from YouTube making fun of that.  Many self styled entrepreneur who refuses or skipped to be molded by school doctrines are undeniably successful. Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, to name a few, are such people.    I am not discouraging higher schooling but it is a give and take also, since a person may need to unlearn a lot of unwanted knowledge based on poor understanding from schools.  Locally there is CM Recto who is like Abe Lincoln and self learned law books before making a name by passing the Bar exams with top rank.  I believe Ninoy has education that is far from stellar too since he moved from one school to the next.

I don’t like it too! Unfortunately there are things we cannot control for both sides of the fence. 

Bakit ba kayo natatakot sa martial law? Gagawa ba kau krimen at lalabag sa batas? Yun mga ninuno ko ang bilin sa amin e sumunod ka lang sa batas at wala mangyayare sayo. Kadalasan napaparusahan e mga NPA at pasaway na pinoy. Iba ata kwento sa inyo about martial law

• Winner! (+1) 1
6 hours ago, Rookey said:

Bakit ba kayo natatakot sa martial law? Gagawa ba kau krimen at lalabag sa batas? Yun mga ninuno ko ang bilin sa amin e sumunod ka lang sa batas at wala mangyayare sayo. Kadalasan napaparusahan e mga NPA at pasaway na pinoy. Iba ata kwento sa inyo about martial law

Hindi po kwento ang martial law sa amin. Dinaanan ko po yung panahon na yun. Di ko alam kung saan kwento galing yung nalalaman mo.