Duterte's Presidency : Expectations, Controversies, Rants, Etc.

During his short stint with Erap, several significant agriculture programs were implemented, including setting up of the Carabao Research Center, distribution of genetically upgraded carabaos breeds to farmers, construction of farm-to-market roads, and introduction of new high yield rice and corn varieties.

In Diokno's initial six months as economic planner of Duterte nailalagay na sa budget ang mga yan. Basahin lang yung 10-point economic agenda, kung may time.

Agricultural production has already increased 3% last quarter and expected to grow further this quarter, compared to zero or negative growth during the same periods in 2015 under your idol abnoy.

Antay ka lang. Five years and six months to go pa.

Yung idol mong abnoy, walang nagawa for six years sa agricultural sector. Ni wala ding nangyari sa mga magsasaka sa Hacienda Luisita.

am asking you about his key success factors ...

not to enumerate things he's done or intends to do

baka yun cheerleader mong matalino alam

Edited by rooster69ph

Key success factor for his team is having competence to do something tangible in the past, and adapting similar proven formula(s) that would work with today's situation.

Knowing what to do and having the competence and political will to do it. That's the key success factor.

Your idol Abnoy's key failure factors are ineptness, incompetence, indecisiveness, and plain weakness of leadership.

Your Abnoy idol actually reversed the accomplishments of the past administrations.

• Passport processing before was 3 days. Now, it's 3 weeks minimum, if you can get an appointment within one week.
  • Drivers' license renewal before was 30 minutes complete with card. Now it's been 7 months and I'm still waiting for my ID card.
  • Plate renewal before was 1 day to 1 week. Now it's been 9 months and I'm still waiting for my car plates.
  • I used to just go up to the MRT and get a ticket within minutes. Now it takes half an hour lining up. Tapos titirik between stations yung train.
  • There were very few flight delays before the Abnoy's term. During his term, horrific flight delays and standstill traffic jam at the airport were the norm. Under Duterte, it's back to normal as during pre-Abnoy admin.
  • Laglag bala.
  • Disaster response deteriorated
  • The world class paved national roads we enjoyed during GMA's administration all deteriorated during Abnoys' term due to lack of maintenance.
  • List continues.... marami pang maidadagdag ang iba.

Me key success factor ka pang nalalaman .... alam mo ba talaga ang ibig sabihin nun? Ngayon me idea ka na.

Edited by camiar
  • Like (+1) 2

While diokno is competent i do believe that the economy didn't do too well during erap's time. Hence his competence may not necessary be the critical success factor.

For your car plate and license well you may have to wait another 7 to 9 months ... Bagong administrayon na hindi pa nila mahanapan ng solusyon. Change is coming ... Kapit lang at manalig.

Edited by rooster69ph

Palace launches freedom of info online

http://technology.inquirer.net/56057/palace-launches-freedom-info-online

Starting today, people seeking information from agencies under the Office of the President may file their requests online.

Malacañang on Thursday announced it would begin implementing the Freedom of Information (FOI) in the executive department with the launch of the “electronic FOI” or e-FOI system of 15 pilot agencies.

Presidential Communications Assistant Secretary Kris Ablan said the project was intended to carry out President Duterte’s Executive Order No. 2, which mandated FOI in the executive branch.

He said the launching of the government website www.FOI.gov.ph would be held exactly 120 days after the President issued the order, allowing public access to documents, reports and projects of government offices.

“The e-FOI is an online facility wherein citizens are able to lodge their (FOI requests),” Ablan told a news briefing in Malacañang.

Due to technical limitations, he said only 15 agencies were currently ready to accept and process FOI requests sent through the Internet.

These are the Presidential Communications Operations Office, the Department of Information and Communications Technology, the Department of Budget and Management, the Department of Finance, the Department of Justice, the Department of Transportation and the Department of Health.

Also included in the list were the Philippine Statistics Authority, the National Archives of the Philippines, the Philippine National Police, the Philippine Health Insurance Corp., the Office of the Government Corporate Counsel, the Presidential Commission on Good Government, the Office of the Solicitor General and the Public Attorney’s Office.

Edited by daphne loves derby

Key success factor for his team is having competence to do something tangible in the past, and adapting similar proven formula(s) that would work with today's situation.

Knowing what to do and having the competence and political will to do it. That's the key success factor.

Your idol Abnoy's key failure factors are ineptness, incompetence, indecisiveness, and plain weakness of leadership.

Your Abnoy idol actually reversed the accomplishments of the past administrations.

• Passport processing before was 3 days. Now, it's 3 weeks minimum, if you can get an appointment within one week.
  • Drivers' license renewal before was 30 minutes complete with card. Now it's been 7 months and I'm still waiting for my ID card.
  • Plate renewal before was 1 day to 1 week. Now it's been 9 months and I'm still waiting for my car plates.
  • I used to just go up to the MRT and get a ticket within minutes. Now it takes half an hour lining up. Tapos titirik between stations yung train.
  • There were very few flight delays before the Abnoy's term. During his term, horrific flight delays and standstill traffic jam at the airport were the norm. Under Duterte, it's back to normal as during pre-Abnoy admin.
  • Laglag bala.
  • Disaster response deteriorated
  • The world class paved national roads we enjoyed during GMA's administration all deteriorated during Abnoys' term due to lack of maintenance.
  • List continues.... marami pang maidadagdag ang iba.

Me key success factor ka pang nalalaman .... alam mo ba talaga ang ibig sabihin nun? Ngayon me idea ka na.

Here is one great example kung gano kabulok ang DA nung term ni Pnoy. Hanggang ngayon pino problema ng malaki ang kapalpakan nilang ito.

Nueva Ecija onion growers cry over woes faced by industry

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/847853/nueva-ecija-onion-growers-cry-over-woes-faced-by-industry

Also adversely affecting the industry were the results of a Department of Justice investigating team showing that one agricultural group was given 305 of the 585 import permits issued by the Bureau of Plant Industry (BPI) from 2011 to 2013. The team also found that certain cooperatives sold to Chinese traders the import permits granted them by the BPI.

While diokno is competent i do believe that the economy didn't do too well during erap's time. Hence his competence may not necessary be the critical success factor.

For your car plate and license well you may have to wait another 7 to 9 months ... Bagong administrayon na hindi pa nila mahanapan ng solusyon. Change is coming ... Kapit lang at manalig.

So what's your point?

How does that relate to the "key success factor" you were asking about?

Sinabi ko kung ano ang key success factor. Pero base sa response mo, obvious na di mo naiintindihan. Ang layo ng sagot mo.

Walang pinag-iba dun da discussion natin sa ROTC. Di mo rin naiintindihan ang purpose ng ROTC kaya sablay lahat ng post mo doon.

Duterte inaugurates mega rehab in Fort Magsaysay

http://news.mb.com.ph/2016/11/29/duterte-inaugurates-mega-rehab-in-fort-magsaysay/

http://news.mb.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Photo2.jpg

With the sudden influx of drug users surrendering for treatment and rehabilitation, the government understands that there are concerns on the availability and preparedness of facilities to accommodate these patients.

Now on its second phase, President Duterte’s drug campaign aims at rehabilitation.

At least four major drug rehabilitation centers are in the pipeline to be built this year, if not early next year: two in Luzon and one each in the Visayas and Mindanao.

One of them is the Drug Abuse Treatment and Rehabilitation Center (DATRC) in Fort Magsaysay, Nueva Ecija. It is the first mega drug rehabilitation facility to be opened under the Duterte government.

The DATRC sits on a 10-hectare lot inside the said military camp, which house four identical sections of 2,500-patient capacity each. One section is set to be inaugurated on November 29, 2016.

“This initiative will not only benefit these drug victims whom we want to help and reach out to, but also for the change that we envision for our country,” Health Secretary Paulyn Jean Rosell-Ubial said.

CyZZ0OfUoAAs7pO.jpg

CyZZ0QKVQAA5pyC.jpg

CyZYC5mUAAAnj0-.jpg

CyZYDp3VIAAbk3K.jpg

The moment somebody opens his mouth on abnoys so called achievements, mahiya naman konte kay lola sen. Santiago, Mas madami pa ata nagawa si mds kay abnoy hard to deny though i hate this prrd's mouth and his actions kung ikumpara lang kay abnoy lol

Edited by Bolj

PNP: Virac ‘mega shabu lab’ could be the biggest, most upscale

http://news.mb.com.ph/2016/12/01/pnp-virac-mega-shabu-lab-could-be-the-biggest-most-upscale/

http://news.mb.com.ph/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/281116_SHABU-LAB_CATANDUANES_07.jpg

Senior Supt. Bert Ferro, director of PNP’s Anti-Illegal Drugs Group, said the “mega-sized” shabu laboratory—operating inside a warehouse in Barangay Palta Small, Virac—can produce up to 9.6 tons of shabu a month.

They found six hydrogenators that can each produce around 1.2 tons per cycle or weekly.

The types of apparatus and equipment found, Ferro said, are more upscale than the other laboratories they raided, noting their simultaneous use of the “Rigai” system that uses heat and the hydrogenator system that uses water.

“This is bigger than the clandestine shabu laboratory we have found and raided in Cauayan town in Isabela months ago wherein only two hydrogenators were recovered by PNP operatives,” he said.

Chief Inspector Josephine Clemens, crime forensic chemist of the Catanduanes scene of the crime operatives, added they found six big plastic drums with around 360 kilograms of ephedrine, shabu’s primary ingredient.

bakit yung mga ganitong balita ayaw ipalabas/ireport ng ABSCBN, GMA7, Rappler, Inquirer, CNNPhils

15272153_1183413111741156_45871831707373

BIG FOOD COMPANIES COMMIT TO BUY DIRECT FROM FARMERS

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1183637885052012&id=351448724937603

By Manny Piñol

Leaders of Nueva Ecija onion farmers shed tears last night after officials of the country's biggest supermarkets and food companies committed to directly buy from them and no longer rely on imported onions.

The event marked the end of the suffering of the onion farmers who have been looking for buyers for their produce which is already in danger of rotting in cold storage facilities which they rent.

It could also be the start of a new era in Philippine agriculture where the big institutional buyers are linked up with the farmers by the Dept. of Agriculture to ensure that they are not exploited by traders and middlemen.

In last night's event, SM Supermarket represented by Joey Mendoza, Rustan's and Shopwise Group led CEO Irwin Lee and Edgar Fernandez; Century Canning CEO Chris Po with Rex Agarrado; Shakey's President Vic Gregorio and head of procurement Jun Abad; CDO CEO Jerome Ong and his team; Max's Restaurant Group CEO Robert Rota and his team; Jollibee Group of Tony Tan represented by Gisella Tiongson, McDonald's, Metro Gaisano Group; Robinson's Group headed by general manager Jody Gadia and Fresh Dept. head Lynne de Jesus and several other food companies pledged to buy the remaining stocks of the onion farmers from Nueva Ecija.

They also asked the Dept. of Agriculture to link them up with the suppliers of other agricultural products that their supermarkets and processing companies need.

Century Packing's Rex Agarrado, for example, admitted that they are using about 6-metric tons of imported onion in their Tuna canning every year.

He said that if there is available supply, the company would be willing to source the onions locally.

Apparently touched by the gesture of the big companies, the farmer leaders cried as they thanked their prospective business partners.

They also told the big buyers that they were willing to sell their onion at a price which would be 10 percent lower than the price of the imported onions that the supermarkets and food processing companies are buying now.

During the 2-hour-long meeting at the Manila Golf Club, sponsored by former congressman Martin Romualdez, president of the club, the supermarkets and food companies also told the DA officials including Undersecretaries Evelyn Laviña for High Value Crops, Bernadette Romulo-Puyat for Administration and Marketing and Ariel Cayanan for Operations and Assistant Secretary Federico Laciste jr. for Operations, that they wanted to buy other commodities straight from the farmers aside from onions.

Among the items the supermarkets and food companies needed were organically grown rice, bangus, white shrimps, fruits, vegetables and even ube and kaong.

The DA promised the buyers that it would support the farmers in producing the commodities needed by the market through modern technology and financing support.

For the onion farmers of Nueva Ecija, the DA committed a cold storage facility, modern farming technology and bridge financing through the Agricultural Credit and Police Council represented by its head Jocelyn Badiola.

In a little over two hours, the problems which confronted the onion farmers of Nueva Ecija were addressed and the big door for a better future for other farmers was also opened.

Last night, history was made.

God is great!

#Changeishere! #PresRodyCares! #DuterteDelivers!

• Like (+1) 1

Good Job BOC

BOC says collection target surpassed in November

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/590961/money/economy/boc-says-collection-target-surpassed-in-november

The Bureau of Customs exceeded its collection target of P36.450 billion by 12 percent in November, as revenue reached P40.239 billion.

The figure was 27 percent higher than the P29.061 billion collected a year earlier.

The bureau's Financial Services (BOC-FS) cited the positive trust rating of Customs Commissioner Nicanor Faeldon, cooperation of stakeholders, transparency in transactions, and efforts of traders in helping the BOC breach its revenue goal.

“In our outlook assessment report, the current collection record has exhibited a better leadership performance in the past five months covering July to November,” the BOC-FS said.

Out of the 17 BOC ports, the Manila International Container Port overshot by P1 billion its P10.367 billion target by collecting P11.362 billion.

Duterte allots P2 billion from PAGCOR to DOH for free medicines

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/591321/news/nation/duterte-allots-p2-billion-from-pagcor-to-doh-for-free-medicines

"And I want every Filipino holding a reseta of a doctor that could not find the money to buy the medicines, sabi ko, 'Ibigay ninyo ‘yang two billion na ‘yan this Christmas'," he said.

"So kayong Pilipinas, nakikinig sa akin ngayon. May mga reseta kayo, go to the DSSD [Department of Social Services and Development, now Department of Social Welfare and Development] or hanapin mo ang inyong city health or the hospital itself and we will buy the medicines for you," Duterte added.

Duterte allots P2 billion from PAGCOR to DOH for free medicines

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/591321/news/nation/duterte-allots-p2-billion-from-pagcor-to-doh-for-free-medicines

"And I want every Filipino holding a reseta of a doctor that could not find the money to buy the medicines, sabi ko, 'Ibigay ninyo ‘yang two billion na ‘yan this Christmas'," he said.

"So kayong Pilipinas, nakikinig sa akin ngayon. May mga reseta kayo, go to the DSSD [Department of Social Services and Development, now Department of Social Welfare and Development] or hanapin mo ang inyong city health or the hospital itself and we will buy the medicines for you," Duterte added.

Sana ibigay na lang ang PhP 2B sa PGH para makapag-expand at makapag-upgrade sila at makatulong sa mas maraming pasyente.

UP-PGH is one of the most efficient hospitals in the country that benefits the poor. Give them the money to expand and upgrade.

For me, those "free medicine" dole-outs are not effective in helping the poor and even serve as the root of graft and corruption.

Edited by camiar

Duterte fires 92 personnel from LTFRB, LTO

http://www.rappler.com/nation/155315-duterte-fires-92-personnel-ltfrb-lto?utm_content=bufferf97a9&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

MANILA, Philippines – President Rodrigo Duterte said he fired 92 employees of the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board (LTFRB) and Land Transportation Office (LTO) to crack down on corruption in these agencies.

"I just fired 92 of the mga LTFRB pati 'yung LTO – ubos (I just fired 92 of those from the LTFRB and also the LTO – finished)," said Duterte on Monday, December 12, during the Ten Outstanding Filipinos (TOFIL) awarding ceremony held at the Palace.

In another part of his speech, Duterte said he had "told them to resign."

The President reiterated to TOFIL awardees and attendees his promise to stop corruption in government.

"If I allow your practices to continue, nothing will come out of my promise about graft and corruption. Pati ako idadamay mo ako sa kalokohan mo diyan (You will even involve me in your nonsense)," said Duterte.

The President previously identified the LTFRB and LTO as among the most corruption-ridden agencies in government.

He also repeated his requirement to all government departments that they process permits and other documents being requested by the private sector in no more than a month.

"My orders now, one month for every department and the local governments, for business permit, electrical connections, even the fireman, I call your attention," said Duterte in a mix of English and Filipino. – Rappler.com

CHANGE IS COMING

Free tuition in SUCs eyed with P8.3-B CHED infusion

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/12/16/16/free-tuition-in-sucs-eyed-with-p83-b-ched-infusion

"The intention is all state universities and colleges would no longer charge undergraduate tuition so that P8 billion is supposed to cover undergraduate tuition in all state universities and colleges," she said.

The P8.3 billion is part of the P3.35 trillion Philippine budget which was recently ratified by Congress.

Also included in the CHED budget is P5.8 billion for the continued implementation of student financial assistance programs such as the PAMANA Study Grant Program, Iskolar ng Bayan, Tulong-Dunong Program and scholarship grants for children of sugarcane workers and other small farmers.

An allocation of P4.6 billion was also included for the continued implementation of the K to 12 program and P763 million for the Philippine-California Advanced Research Institutes Project.

CHANGE IS COMING

Free tuition in SUCs eyed with P8.3-B CHED infusion

http://news.abs-cbn.com/news/12/16/16/free-tuition-in-sucs-eyed-with-p83-b-ched-infusion

"The intention is all state universities and colleges would no longer charge undergraduate tuition so that P8 billion is supposed to cover undergraduate tuition in all state universities and colleges," she said.

The P8.3 billion is part of the P3.35 trillion Philippine budget which was recently ratified by Congress.

Also included in the CHED budget is P5.8 billion for the continued implementation of student financial assistance programs such as the PAMANA Study Grant Program, Iskolar ng Bayan, Tulong-Dunong Program and scholarship grants for children of sugarcane workers and other small farmers.

An allocation of P4.6 billion was also included for the continued implementation of the K to 12 program and P763 million for the Philippine-California Advanced Research Institutes Project.

I am not convinced with that. There are so many consequence on that unless they will impose stricter rules.

Farmers reclaim disputed land

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/854916/farmers-reclaim-disputed-land

TAGUM CITY—As the sun rises today, Narciso Bardonido, 63, will till his own land for the first time in 43 years.

Bardonido is one of the 149 members of the Madaum Agrarian Reform Beneficiaries Association (Marbai), a group embroiled in a 145-hectare land dispute with Lapanday Foods Corp. (LFC).

Change has come for the OFW's

Over 200,000 benefited from 'one-stop shop' for OFWs –DOLE

- See more at: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/593280/news/pinoyabroad/over-200-000-benefited-from-one-stop-shop-for-ofws-dole#sthash.qFYCz3Gc.dpuf

Over 200,000 OFWs have benefited from the "one-stop shops" set up by the government in various areas nationwide upon orders from President Rodrigo Duterte.

According to the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), the One-Stop Service Center for OFWs (OSSCO) has served 219,697 OFWs and would-be OFWs as of December 7.

OSSCO was launched in August to provide OFWs or those intending to work abroad with a range of accessible inter-agency services by putting in one location all government agencies that give documentary services and other assistance to them.

Aside from the one located at the lobby of POEA Main Office in Mandaluyong City, OSSCO branches were also established in Baguio, Pampanga Calamba City, Palawan, Cebu, Iloilo, Tacloban, Zamboanga, and Koronadal City.

Over 10,000 casual workers in Central Luzon regularized

http://news.mb.com.ph/2016/12/21/over-10000-casual-workers-in-central-luzon-regularized/

Over 10,000 workers have been regularized in Central Luzon under the administration of President Duterte, records from the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) showed.

DOLE confirmed that 10,212 contractual workers were regularized by 92 complying establishments.

Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III earlier announced that his office is bent on reducing contractualization and labor-only contracting (LOC).

Meanwhile, the DOLE regional office wants 235 firms all over the region to undergo consultation and assessment to determine the existence of contractualization, end of conjtract or “endo” and LOC practices.

Various industries operating inside and outside of the region’s free port and economic zones were covered under the DOLE’s region-wide consultations and assessments.

Initially, at least around 2,500 workers voluntarily regularized by 20 firms after the regional/field offices held 22 consultations attended by 1,444 company representatives from 648 establishments/principals/contractors region wide, according to DOLE.

Of the 10,212 regularized workers, DOLE said that 3,939 of them were voluntarily regularized by 54 firms following an assessment visit by the LLCOs at plant-level.

The remaining 6,580 workers, on the other hand, were voluntarily regularized through conferences at the Technical Support and Services Division for Labor Relations and Labor Standards of the regional office.

“We are hoping that other establishments, which have yet to be consulted and assessed, will also realize the benefits of regularizing the their workers, necessary in their day to day operations, to be regularized as well,” Bello said

Jobless rate down

https://business.inquirer.net/221848/jobless-rate-down

Amid a sustained robust economic growth, the jobless rate declined to 5.5 percent in 2016 from 6.3 percent last year, latest government data showed.

The employment rate hence rose to 94.5 percent from 93.7 percent last year, preliminary results of the Philippine Statistics Authority’s (PSA) 2016 Annual Estimates of Labor Force Survey (LFS) showed.

Early this month, state planning agency National Economic and Development Authority noted that the 5.5-percent average unemployment rate for the entire year exceeded the government’s target of 6.5-6.7 percent

Let them f#&king try..

US ex-envoy plotting Duterte fall – source

http://www.manilatimes.net/us-ex-envoy-plotting-duterte-fall-source/303868/

The Philippines may be in for another rough ride in 2017.

Not only did former United States Ambassador Philip Goldberg leave the Philippines with a legacy of fractured relations between the two countries, he allegedly left behind a “blueprint to undermine Duterte,” a strategic recommendation ostensibly to the State Department for the ultimate removal of President Rodrigo Roa Duterte from office, according to a highly placed source. It is not clear, however, if the State Department in Washington DC had given its imprimatur to the recommendation by its former ambassador to the Philippines.

A document received over the weekend by The Manila Times from that source said Goldberg had outlined a list of “strategies” to undermine President Duterte and called for his eventual ouster. The blueprint gave a timetable of one-and-a-half years.

http://14255-presscdn-0-60.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/290814_goldberg01_muli.jpg

Goldberg

Quoting Goldberg, it said the “political actors (the opposition) would need all the political weapons in their arsenal to replace the Duterte administration and replace it with something more to the opposition’s liking.” He noted, however, “that (deposing Duterte) would be a challenge for the opposition.”