N H L - National Hockey League

Credits NHL.com

Richardson's two goals help Coyotes top Flames

Flames' Wideman returns after suspension reduced

by Aaron Vickers / NHL.com Correspondent

2:20 PM
cut.jpeg
Richardson doubles the lead ARI@CGY: Richardson puts the rebound chance home

3/11/16: Brad Richardson goes to the backhand to beat a sliding Joni Ortio and give the Coyotes a 3-1 lead in the 3rd period

CALGARY -- Brad Richardson scored twice in the third period and Louis Domingue made 24 saves to help the Arizona Coyotes to a 4-1 win against the Calgary Flames at Scotiabank Saddledome on Friday.

Boyd Gordon and Antoine Vermette scored for the Coyotes (29-32-7), who end a two-game losing streak. Arizona, 2-8-1 in its past 11 games, trails the Colorado Avalanche by nine points for the second wild card into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Western Conference.

https://www.nhl.com/news/arizona-coyotes-calgary-flames-recap/c-279558384?tid=279526054

Edited by Guns of the Patriots
  • Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Credits NHL.com

Pastrnak, Eriksson lead Bruins past Islanders

Boston returns to .500 at TD Garden for the first time since Dec. 29

by Matt Kalman / NHL.com Correspondent

6:28 AM
cut.jpeg
Pastrnak's two-goal day NYI@BOS: Pastrnak nets 11th and 12th goals of season

3/12/16: David Pastrnak nets a wrister in the final seconds of the 2nd, then doubles the Bruins' lead with a slap shot in the 3rd in a 3-1 win

BOSTON -- David Pastrnak scored twice, including the go-ahead goal with 8.9 seconds left in the second period, and Loui Eriksson had one goal and two assists to help the Boston Bruins to a 3-1 win against the New York Islanders at TD Garden on Saturday.

Pastrnak has four goals in the past four games and his 11 goals are one more than he had last season as a rookie for the Bruins (39-23-8).

"I'm just trying to focus on small details, play good in the D [zone] and make smart decisions," Pastrnak said. "I play with two great guys, really high-skill, so I'm just focusing to fit in on the line. And twice they found me and it was easy for me to just put the puck in the net."

Boston, which begins a three-game California road trip against the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday, are 3-0-2 in its past five home games here and is 16-16-5 at TD Garden. It's the first time the Bruins are .500 at home since they were 9-9-2 on Dec. 29. Boston is 23-7-3 on the road.

https://www.nhl.com/news/boston-bruins-new-york-islanders-recap/c-279575656?tid=279526056

Credits NHL.com

Eichel goal with :01 left in overtime lifts Sabres

Buffalo forward scores twice in win against Hurricanes

by Joe Yerdon / NHL.com Correspondent

5:04 AM

cut.jpeg
Eichel pots game-winner in OT CAR@BUF: Eichel slips in OT game-winner before buzzer

3/12/16: Jack Eichel gets loose on a breakway in overtime and slips the puck five-hole to end the game just before the buzzer

BUFFALO -- Jack Eichel made the most out of scoring his first overtime game-winning goal in the NHL.

Eichel scored two goals, including the game-winner with 0:01 left in overtime, to lead the Buffalo Sabres to a 3-2 win against the Carolina Hurricanes at First Niagara Center on Saturday.

Eichel, the No. 2 pick in the 2015 NHL Draft, received a floating pass from Evander Kane and scored with a backhanded shot on a breakaway against Hurricanes goalie Cam Ward for his 22nd goal of the season.

"I heard the bench yelling that I had time, but you never really know how much time you have, so I was able to take a quick peek up at the clock behind the goalie and notice that I had a little over four seconds left," Eichel said.

https://www.nhl.com/news/jack-eichel-beats-buzzer-against-hurricanes/c-279575996?tid=279526058

Credits NHL.com

Helm leads Red Wings past Rangers

Detroit rallies in third period, wins in overtime

by Paul Harris / NHL.com Correspondent

7:03 AM
cut.jpeg
Helm's second goal wins it in OT NYR@DET: Helm deflects Datsyuk's shot for OT winner

3/12/16: Pavel Datsyuk fires a shot that finds Darren Helm at the front of the net, deflecting off him for his second goal and the game-winner

DETROIT - Darren Helm scored his second goal of the game with 1:57 left in overtime to help the Detroit Red Wings to a 3-2 win against the New York Rangers at Joe Louis Arena on Saturday.

Brad Richards tied the game for Detroit (34-23-11) with 31.8 seconds remaining in the third period. Defenseman Danny DeKeyser had two assists and goalie Petr Mrazek made 23 saves.

"Obviously you don't want to have to come from behind, you don't want to have to do it that way," Red Wings coach Jeff Blashill said. "But if we play like that on a consistent basis, like we have the last two in terms of our determination and our energy, we'll beat lots of teams."

https://www.nhl.com/news/red-wings-beat-rangers-darren-helm/c-279577228?tid=279526092

Credits NHL.com

Jets score twice in third to defeat Avalanche

Winnipeg had been 0-24-3 when trailing after two periods

by Patrick Williams / NHL.com Correspondent

12:08 PM
cut.jpeg
Lowry's go-ahead goal COL@WPG: Lowry gives Jets the lead

3/12/16: Adam Lowry puts the Jets in front with a shot that trickles through the five-hole of Avalanche goalie Semyon Varlamov

WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Jets won for the first time this season when trailing after two periods when they defeated the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 at MTS Centre on Saturday.

Two third-period goals 1:35 apart completed a 2-0 comeback by the Jets. Winnipeg had been 0-24-3 when trailing after the second period.

"Even down 2-0…our game was very consistent, start to finish," Jets coach Paul Maurice said.

Adam Lowry broke a 2-2 tie with 10:59 remaining, one-timing Scott Kosmachuk's pass on a 2-on-1 rush past Colorado goaltender Semyon Varlamov for his fifth goal. Kosmachuk got his first NHL point on the play. Drew Stafford made it 2-2 with his 18th goal at 7:26.

"We were pretty excited," Lowry said of celebrating with Kosmachuk. "I think I held him in the air for a few seconds. It's always exciting. I still remember my first point. It was an unbelievable pass, so I'm really happy for him."

https://www.nhl.com/news/adam-lowry-winnipeg-jets-defeat-colorado-avalanche/c-279586468?tid=279526094

Credits NHL.com

Granlund scores twice, Wild defeat Canadiens

Minnesota forward sets new career-high with his 10th goal

by Sean Farrell / NHL.com Correspondent

1:22 PM
cut.jpeg
Granlund scores twice on Condon MIN@MTL: Granlund nets two against the Canadiens

3/12/16: Mikael Granlund scores two goals against the Canadiens, one at even strength and the other on the power play

MONTREAL -- While the Minnesota Wild were defeating the Montreal Canadiens, they had constant updates right in front of them on their progress elsewhere in their bid for a berth into the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Mikael Granlund had his first NHL two-goal game and Devan Dubnyk made 30 saves to give Minnesota a 4-1 win against Montreal at Bell Centre on Saturday.

Nino Niederreiter scored an unassisted goal and Erik Haula scored into an empty net with 1:39 remaining for Minnesota (32-27-10), which ended a two-game losing streak in the first of three road games against Eastern Conference teams.

"It was nice, for sure, it's always nice to score goals, but I think those two points we got tonight, that's the most important thing and that's what we need to keep doing if we want to get to the playoffs," Granlund said.

https://www.nhl.com/news/mikael-grandlunds-two-goals-help-wild-top-canadiens/c-279586570?tid=279526280

Credits NHL.com

Anderson, Senators shut out Maple Leafs

Ottawa forward Smith extends goal streak to five games

by Chris Stevenson / NHL.com Correspondent

12:19 PM
cut.jpg

OTTAWA -- Zack Smith scored for the fifth straight game, and Craig Anderson made 29 saves for his fourth shutout of the season when the Ottawa Senators defeated the Toronto Maple Leafs 4-0 at Canadian Tire Centre on Saturday.

Smith scored his 12th goal in his past 18 games for the Senators (32-30-8), who ended a three-game losing streak. Mark Stone had a goal and two assists, Mika Zibanejad and Cody Ceci scored, and Jean-Gabriel Pageau had three assists. It was Anderson's 33rd NHL shutout.

Smith scored at 1:21 of the third period to give the Senators a 3-0 lead. The line of Smith, Stone and Pageau has been the Senators' best since it was put together at the beginning of February.

"Just three guys playing simple hockey and finding chemistry," Stone said. "I think when you find that chemistry, it's easy to come to the rink and be comfortable on the ice. I think if you look at those two guys, they're comfortable with me and I'm comfortable with them."

https://www.nhl.com/news/senators-shut-out-maple-leafs/c-279585932?tid=279526282

Credits NHL.com

Panthers defeat Flyers in shootout

Florida's Bjugstad, Barkov score in tiebreaker; Philadelphia's three-game win streak ends

by Alain Poupart / NHL.com Correspondent

1:10 PM
cut.jpeg
Barkov's shootout winner PHI@FLA: Barkov beats Mason to win it in the shootout

3/12/16: Aleksander Barkov wrists one past Steve Mason to clinch a 5-4 shootout win for the Panthers

SUNRISE, Fla. -- It was another successful shootout for Aleksander Barkov and the Florida Panthers.

Barkov scored his fifth shootout goal in six attempts this season to help the Panthers defeat the Philadelphia Flyers 5-4 at BB&T Center on Saturday.

Nick Bjugstad gave Florida a 1-0 lead in the shootout, and after Panthers goalie Roberto Luongo stopped Nick Cousins, Barkov ended it when he beat Flyers goalie Steve Mason between the legs with a wrist shot.

"I just wanted to score, nothing fancy," Barkov said. "I like to shoot five-hole. (It's) just confidence when you score a goal in a shootout, then you know what works, what doesn't work. I scored last time when I shot five-hole; now I had a lot of confidence to score that way again."

The Panthers are 7-3 in the shootout; the seven victories are the most in the NHL. Barkov has scored the deciding goal in four of the wins.

https://www.nhl.com/news/florida-panthers-defeat-philadelphia-flyers-in-shootout/c-279585404?tid=279526284

Credits NHL.com

Blues top Stars in Central Division showdown

Pietrangelo scores in overtime after Benn ties game late

by Steve Hunt / NHL.com Correspondent

2:42 PM
cut.jpeg
Pietrangelo's game-winning goal STL@DAL: Pietrangelo cuts through defense, nets GWG

3/12/16: Facing three defenders, Alex Pietrangelo fires the puck into net for the the game-winning goal in overtime

DALLAS -- Alex Pietrangelo scored 2:11 into overtime to give the St. Louis Blues a 5-4 win against the Dallas Stars at American Airlines Center on Saturday.

Pietrangelo scored on a wrist shot from the slot that deflected off the right arm of Stars goalie Antti Niemi.

"I think we were all thinking, 'We've got to change [lines],'" Pietrangelo said. "We were out there for a while, the three of us [Patrik Berglund, Paul Stastny and me]. [Robby Fabbri] went off and just the lane opened up. I saw low blocker, think it hit his pad and went in."

Kevin Shattenkirk scored twice, and Vladimir Tarasenko had a goal and an assist for the Blues (41-20-9), who won their sixth straight. Troy Brouwer scored, Stastny had three assists, Fabbri and Jaden Schwartz each had two assists, and Jake Allen made 34 saves.

"We're getting something out of everyone, I think," Shattenkirk said. "It's a different game, each guy's stepping up, and I think we're doing a great job of everyone just sticking with it and rolling with the punches. We're playing a great team game right now. This is the time of the year when the intensity starts to ramp up and I think we're doing a great job of handling it."

https://www.nhl.com/news/blues-defeat-stars-tie-for-central-division/c-279594608?tid=279526398

Credits NHL.com

Miller, Canucks end Predators point streak

Nashville loses first game in regulation since Feb. 9

by Kevin Woodley / NHL.com Correspondent

3:38 PM
cut.jpg

VANCOUVER -- It took a lunge and a little bit of luck, but goaltender Ryan Miller was able to help the Vancouver Canucks avoid another collapse in the third period.

Miller made 31 of his 35 saves in the second and third period, and Vancouver hung on to end the Nashville Predators point streak at 14 games with a 4-2 victory at Rogers Arena on Saturday.

The Canucks had the worst record in the NHL with a lead entering the third period (15-4-7, .577 winning percentage), and if not for Miller's right-foot save to rob James Neal on a rebound chance from close range at 4:55 of the third period, they may have added another loss.

"That's a little bit of desperation where it hits the inside of my foot and stays out instead of skipping under," Miller said. "That's a little bit of luck … and maybe due for it too."

https://www.nhl.com/news/predators-point-streak-ended-by-canucks/c-279595676?tid=279526464

Credits NHL.com

Coyotes goalie Smith shuts out Oilers in return

Makes 44 saves in first game since Dec. 8; Nugent-Hopkins plays for Edmonton

by Derek Van Diest / NHL.com Correspondent

4:02 PM
cut.jpg

EDMONTON -- Goaltender Mike Smith could not have scripted a better return to the Arizona Coyotes lineup.

Smith made 44 saves in his first game since Dec. 8, and the Coyotes defeated the Edmonton Oilers 4-0 at Rexall Place on Saturday.

Antoine Vermette had two goals and an assist, and Alex Tanguay and Viktor Tikhonov scored for the Coyotes (30-32-7), who extended their point streak against the Oilers to 22 games (18-0-4).

"It was nice to get back out there, obviously," Smith said. "I haven't played in a long time and I couldn't draw it up much better than that. I owe a lot of thanks to a lot of people. There have been a lot of people that have helped me through this process and it's been frustrating at times and my family and friends have been very supportive. Those people are very important through a time that's not fun as an athlete going through. But to have that support is special, so I owe those people."

https://www.nhl.com/news/mike-smith-of-arizona-coyotes-defeats-edmonton-oilers/c-279596618?tid=279526466

Credits NHL.com

Moore OT goal lifts Devils past Kings

New Jersey is 2-0-0 to begin California road trip

by Curtis Zupke / NHL.com Correspondent

3:31 PM
cut.jpeg
Moore's overtime winner NJD@LAK: Moore's great rush wins it in overtime

3/12/16: John Moore skates around the net and beats Jonathan Quick with an awesome move to win the game in overtime for the Devils

LOS ANGELES -- Defenseman John Moore carved out a place in New Jersey Devils history alongside Hockey Hall of Fame member Scott Niedermayer on Saturday.

Moore scored with 16 seconds left in overtime to give the Devils a 2-1 win against the Los Angeles Kings at Staples Center.

It was Moore's third overtime goal this season. The only other Devils defenseman to score three overtime goals in a season was Niedermayer, who had four in 2001-02. Moore has 13 goals in his 291-game NHL career.

"The guys were joking with me," Moore said. "I'm fortunate in getting the opportunity to play a little overtime and play with great players. We have a lot resolve in here. We seem to find a way to win those games, and they're fun to play in."

Moore drove wide behind the net, turned and beat Kings goalie Jonathan Quick to the short side.

"Originally, I thought I had enough speed, maybe I could wrap it," Moore said. "He got over really quickly … he kind of cheated off the near-side post. I just tried to throw it quick there, and fortunately enough it went in."

https://www.nhl.com/news/new-jersey-devils-defeat-los-angeles-kings-in-overtime/c-279597356?tid=279526696

Credits NHL.com

Sharks keep Capitals from clinching

Score three third-period goals to delay Washington playoff berth

by Eric Gilmore / NHL.com Correspondent

3:55 PM
cut.jpg

SAN JOSE -- Playing the NHL's top team brought out the best in the San Jose Sharks at SAP Center on Saturday.

Joe Pavelski and Brenden Dillon scored early in the third period, and the Sharks defeated the Washington Capitals 5-2.

Pavelski broke a 2-2 tie with a power-play goal 49 seconds into the period, taking a pass from Joe Thornton and beating Capitals backup goaltender Philipp Grubauer with a backhand from left of the crease.

Dillon made it 4-2 at 2:51 with his second goal of the season. His shot from the point went into the upper left corner.

"I think that was a big one, a big one we wanted to get," Dillon said. "One that's a measuring stick."

https://www.nhl.com/news/san-jose-sharks-defeat-washington-capitals/c-279597894?tid=279526698

Credits NHL.com

Penguins outlast Rangers for road win

Cullen's third-period goal helps Pittsburgh take Metropolitan clash

by David Satriano @davidsatriano / NHL.com Staff Writer

4:25 AM
cut.jpg

NEW YORK -- The Pittsburgh Penguins need someone to step up in the absence of Evgeni Malkin; that production came from an unlikely source Sunday when rookie Conor Sheary had two goals in a 5-3 win against the New York Rangers at Madison Square Garden.

Malkin will miss 6-8 weeks because of an upper-body injury, and Sheary did his best impression of the all-star center. Sheary, who had three goals and five points in 29 games, scored twice in the second period for Pittsburgh, which blew three-one goal leads before holding on for the win.

Matt Cullen scored the go-ahead goal at 11:09 of the third period and goalie Marc-Andre Fleury finished with 28 saves as the Penguins (36-24-8) maintained their hold on one of the wild cards into the Stanley Cup Playoffs from the Eastern Conference.

Credits NHL.com

Lightning halt skid with win against Blue Jackets

Bishop, Stamkos help Tampa Bay end losing streak at three

by Craig Merz / NHL.com Correspondent

7:38 AM
cut.jpg

COLUMBUS -- The Tampa Bay Lightning keep losing players but is back to its winning ways thanks to goaltender Ben Bishop and center Steven Stamkos.

Stamkos scored twice, Bishop made 37 saves and Tampa Bay defeated the Columbus Blue Jackets 4-0 at Nationwide Arena on Sunday.

The Lightning (40-24-5) ended a three-game losing streak.

Bishop got into several scuffles with Blue Jackets captain Nick Foligno but stopped his former teammate five times en route to a shutout.

https://www.nhl.com/news/lightning-blue-jackets-recap/c-279604016?tid=279526836

Credits NHL.com

Maple Leafs' Bernier blanks Red Wings

Toronto goalie makes 38 saves for third shutout

by Paul Harris / NHL.com Correspondent

11:34 AM
cut.jpeg
Bernier's 38-save shutout TOR@DET: Bernier records shutout vs. Red Wings

3/13/16: Jonathan Bernier comes up big vs. the Red Wings, recording 38 saves in the Maple Leafs' 1-0 win

DETROIT - Jonathan Bernier made 38 saves for his third shutout of the season in the Toronto Maple Leafs' 1-0 win against the Detroit Red Wings at Joe Louis Arena on Sunday.

Michael Grabner scored for Toronto (23-34-11). It was the Maple Leafs' first regulation win since Feb. 25; they are 2-6-1 in their past nine games.

Bernier became the first Maple Leafs goalie to shut out the Red Wings since Curtis Joseph on Dec. 6, 2000.

"I felt great from the get-go," Bernier said. "We felt we dominated this game from the start and we wanted it."

Petr Mrazek made 26 saves for Detroit (34-24-11), which was 0-for-3 on the power play.

"You've got to start with getting pucks to the net and then you've got to try to be there for second chances," Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg said. "I thought we had some quality chances but not enough. Once again, it comes down to power play, we didn't really create enough there today either. When teams play like this, it's really tight. You've got to take advantage when they're in the box."

https://www.nhl.com/news/detroit-red-wings-toronto-maple-leafs-recap/c-279604332?tid=279526838

Credits NHL.com

Three third-period goals help Islanders top Panthers

Forwards Okposo, Bailey, Clutterbuck scored 5:31 apart in win

by Brian Compton @BComptonNHL / NHL.com Deputy Managing Editor

10:29 AM
cut.jpeg
Clutterbuck's go-ahead goal FLA@NYI: Clutterbuck beats Luongo to take the lead

3/14/16: Cal Clutterbuck fires a backhander from a sharp angle past Roberto Luongo to put the Islanders on top late in the 3rd period

NEW YORK -- New York Islanders coach Jack Capuano was so angry after two periods Monday, he didn't enter the dressing room before the start of the third.

"I didn't really want to break anything," Capuano said. "If you have to go in and tell them the importance of the game … it's (captain John Tavares') team. I could sense it. He was frustrated on the bench there, and I just figured at that particular point in time … like I've said before, we prepare them, we made some adjustments going into the third, but they have to play the game.

"It's their team. It's the leaders at this point in time of the year. That was probably the reason we felt as a staff to let the guys handle it and do what they need to do."

They did.

https://www.nhl.com/news/islanders-rally-in-third-period-to-defeat-panthers/c-279617510?tid=279601544

Credits NHL.com

Quick, Kings blank Blackhawks

Makes 32 saves for 41st NHL shutout, most ever by U.S.-born goalie

by Brian Hedger / NHL.com Correspondent

1:30 PM
cut.jpg

CHICAGO -- Jonathan Quick downplayed the record he set with a 32-save shutout at United Center on Monday, but it put him in uncharted territory.

Quick, whose performance helped the Los Angeles Kings to a 5-0 win against the Chicago Blackhawks, earned his 41st NHL shutout to pass Frank Brimsek and John Vanbiesbrouck for most by a U.S.-born goalie.

"It was a lot tougher for [Vanbiesbrouck] to get shutouts when he was playing," said Quick, who grew up a Vanbiesbrouck fan in Milford, Conn. "It's a situation where it's cool. It's a team effort, too, to get a shutout. You're thankful to all your teammates over the years, but at the same time, I think his shutouts are probably worth two of mine. So, take it with a grain of salt."

Quick was just as pleased with the win for the Kings (41-22-5), which he helped secure with nine saves in the first, seven in the second and 16 in the third to blank the Blackhawks (41-23-6).

https://www.nhl.com/news/los-angeles-kings-jonathan-quick-shut-out-chicago-blackhawks/c-279617660?tid=279601546

Credits NHL.com

Frolik's hat trick leads Flames past Blues

Forward helps Calgary end St. Louis' six-game winning streak

by Aaron Vickers / NHL.com Correspondent

1:26 PM
cut.jpeg
Frolik notches the hat trick STL@CGY: Frolik's empty-net goal secures hat trick

3/14/16: Michael Frolik shoots and fires into the empty net for his third goal of the game, securing a hat trick against the Blues

CALGARY -- Michael Frolik had a hat trick, including two shorthanded goals, to help the Calgary Flames to a 7-4 win against the St. Louis Blues at Scotiabank Saddledome on Monday.

Sean Monahan had two goals, and Joe Colborne and Mark Giordano scored for the Flames (29-35-5). Dougie Hamilton and Johnny Gaudreau each had three assists.

"We were poor," Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. "Poor today."

Monahan broke a 2-2 tie 5:13 into the second period, beating Blues goalie Jake Allen over his glove with a wrist shot from 27 feet out.

https://www.nhl.com/news/frolik-nets-hat-trick-flames-defeat-blues/c-279617662?tid=279601548

Credits NHL.com

Neal hat trick powers Predators past Oilers

Forward scores goal in each period; Pekka Rinne makes 28 saves in win

by Derek Van Diest / NHL.com Correspondent

1:45 PM
cut.jpeg
Neal completes hat trick NSH@EDM: Neal nets third goal, gives Predators lead

3/14/16: James Neal fires a laser past Laurent Brossoit, giving him his sixth career hat trick and putting the Predators up one in the 3rd

EDMONTON -- James Neal scored his sixth NHL hat trick in the Nashville Predators' 3-2 win against the Edmonton Oilers at Rexall Place on Monday.

Goaltender Pekka Rinne made 28 saves for the Predators (35-22-13), who went 2-1-2 on their five-game road trip and are 10-1-5 in their past 16 games.

Nashville lost 4-2 at the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday and 3-2 in overtime at the Calgary Flames on Wednesday after winning the first two games of the trip.

"It was good to pull out a big win because points are so crucial at this point in the season and you have to play good hockey," Neal said. "I thought we could have been better in Vancouver. I thought we let that game slip away in the first, and then we were chasing it. Tonight, we wanted to be better and we were."

https://www.nhl.com/news/nashville-predators-james-neal-defeat-edmonton-oilers/c-279617776?tid=279601550

Credits NHL.com

Dano, Jets defeat Canucks

Forward has first multi-goal game for Winnipeg

by Kevin Woodley / NHL.com Correspondent

2:36 PM
cut.jpeg
Dano's great redirection WPG@VAN: Dano deflects home the opening goal

3/14/16: Marko Dano heads to the front of the net and redirects Tyler Myers' feed over the glove of Jacob Markstrom, giving the Jets a 1-0 lead

VANCOUVER -- Marko Dano is finally feeling comfortable with the Winnipeg Jets and making the most out of an opportunity to be a top-six forward.

Dano had two goals and an assist in the Jets' 5-2 victory against the Vancouver Canucks at Rogers Arena on Monday.

"I'm getting more comfortable with every game, every shift," said Dano, who came to the Jets as part of the Feb. 25 trade that sent Andrew Ladd to the Chicago Blackhawks. "Trying to get the chemistry going, that's key for a new guy in the room."

https://www.nhl.com/news/vancouver-canucks-winnipeg-jets-recap/c-279617664?tid=279601552

Credits NHL.com

Silfverberg hat trick helps Ducks defeat Devils

Forward has NHL career-high four points; New Jersey loses finale of California trip

by Abbey Mastracco / NHL.com Correspondent

2:11 PM
cut.jpeg
Silfverberg completes hat trick NJD@ANA: Silfverberg hammers his third of the night

3/14/16: Jakob Silfverberg cranks a slap shot past Yann Danis on the power play, giving him the first hat trick of his NHL career

ANAHEIM -- Jakob Silfverberg got his first NHL hat trick, and Nick Ritchie scored his first NHL goal in the Anaheim Ducks' 7-1 win against the New Jersey Devils at Honda Center on Monday.

Andrew Cogliano, Ryan Kesler and Corey Perry scored for the Ducks (38-21-9), who ended a three-game losing streak (0-2-1) to get Bruce Boudreau his 200th win as Anaheim coach.

Silfverberg had an assist for his first four-point game in the NHL. His line, which typically does the defensive dirty work, needed less than 10 minutes in the second period to score four goals and combine for nine points.

https://www.nhl.com/news/anaheim-ducks-jakob-silfverberg-defeat-new-jersey-devils/c-279617930?tid=279601554