How can a cheater stop cheating

I have more of a positive approach on this matter. I mean we are all humans and we make mistakes.

If we say that ones a cheater will always be a cheater is like saying na ang bobo ay laging magiging bobo or ang mataba ay laging mataba. They may have differences in terms of severity, but it is still all about one thing: Self Discipline. If a person is has the strong will to change, they will make that change.

I admit that I cheated before and was cheated on. I was bitter when I was cheated on and felt guilt when I cheated. Nobody is perfect kaya nga tao lang tayo. That bitter feeling will eventually go away and with a clearer mind, he/she will have a more positive outlook that a person can do in fact change.

Once a cheater always a cheater is not always true and hence can't be generalized to everyone who has cheated before. Change is part of living.

There's nothing you can do. God gave us free will. If cheater wants to cheat he/she will cheat. If cheater wants to stop, he/she will stop. It's his/her decision to make.

And make no mistake... Cheating is a decision. It's never an accident. You don't accidentally take off your pants and she accidentally takes off her panties and you fall down and your dcik accidentally slides into her pu$$y...again and again. If you are stupid enough to believe it was an accident, then you deserve to be cheated on.

• 3 weeks later...

There's nothing you can do. God gave us free will. If cheater wants to cheat he/she will cheat. If cheater wants to stop, he/she will stop. It's his/her decision to make.

And make no mistake... Cheating is a decision. It's never an accident. You don't accidentally take off your pants and she accidentally takes off her panties and you fall down and your dcik accidentally slides into her pu$$y...again and again. If you are stupid enough to believe it was an accident, then you deserve to be cheated on.

I agree. It's a choice. Tfs

Once the cheater decides to not cheat anymore. It's not like it's a disease like drug addiction. A cheater simply has to make a decision to not cheat.

On a more serious note, I'd have to say communication. I believe that people cheat because they're looking for something that their partner lacks. Now, that's going to be difficult to address because nobody's perfect. That's where communication will come in. We may not be perfect but a partner who truly understands or knows his/her own shortcomings can make up for it with other things... or at least address it. This way, the chances of his/her partner cheating will be lessened if not totally eradicated.

It's easier to cheat if one feels like his/her partner is not doing anything about his/her shortcomings (lack of time, lack of attention, etc). Why? Because it lessens the guilt. We can't write a textbook about it. It's a decision made based on a lot of factors. We can only open up our hearts to our partner through proper communication and trust that they will make the right decision on the "crossroads."

Edited by Eddy Syet

As a cheater, I will say this; There are many kinds of cheaters out there, but I will just focus on three:

The habitual risk taker - This person cheats at the drop of a hat risking his/her relationship by not considering the implications. This kind of cheater is very dangerous because of the sheer recklessness of his/her habits. Best way to deal with this is to walk away as this cheater will never stop.

The cheater who is comfortable cheating - This cheater is a bit more careful and cheats when he/she wants to after coming up with a 'credible' reason for cheating. This cheater knows that if caught, he/she only has to cry, beg or buy you something to be forgiven. This cheater takes you for granted and will keep you until he/she meets someone they are too scared to lose. Best way to deal this one, show that person you can live without them.

The tit for tat cheater, which is a group I belong to. This kind of cheater only cheats in retaliation if he/she feels cheated on. The purpose is to inflict the same if not more pain on their partner to teach them that it can go both ways. Love has nothing to do with this decision and most tit for tat cheaters will probably lose interest in pursuing a long term relationship, but stick around for the company/sex.
They also happen to be the most disciplined cheaters. So just because they cheated to get even with you doesn't mean they will keep cheating. If they feel the lesson has been learned, they can put that behind them.

• Like (+1) 1

Well of us cheated in our own ways, so to say that changing for the better is beyond our capabilities ...the stereotypical belief is that one can change the course of his life by simply deciding against his crookedness... but where one with all might and discipline fails, only faith can withstand. In practical terms, if you don't want to see other women to remain loyal to your gf or wife, do not go out