One borne of the wind,

In the stars, flourish

Bright in the west.

---- Your future self,

from three thousand sunsets later

• Like (+1) 1
  • 4 weeks later...

young me,

1. you were young, childish, selfish, and immature. you should have listened. you should have tried to understand, now he's gone. yes, sweetheart, he died, young. but then again, who were we to know it would have happened?

2. instead of trying your first major in college, you should have pursued the one that you finished from the onset. by now, you could have been a lawyer (that was your drean, right?) or an md specializing in psychiatry (your other dream) or you could have finished the post graduate degree related to your field. but just to let you know, we don't regret making those decisions. we learned, i learned a lot!

3. you will love and keep loving. don't close your heart.

4. you will fall, several times. but you will stand up better. just keep on holding your head up high.

5. lastly, offer more. not of yourself for if you do, it will consume you until there is nothing left but an empty shell. you've got loads of love to share. just make sure you give it to those who deserve it. offer your friendship, something that goes beyond the superficial lovebthat everyone clamors and looks for. be yourself. don't regret. no remorse. no guilt. for you are you, imperfect, but uniquely you.

your older self

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

You'll get your heart broken several times but you'll survive. You'll get rejected in several job applications but you'll eventually get several promotions. You'll go through financial hard times but you'll have a few investments. Some of your closest friends will disappoint you but don't worry, you'll find some new great ones.

You did those once. You can do it again.