Write A Note To Your Younger Self

Start investing! Save up. Be financially literate towards independence. Buy real estate properties.

It's ok to say no! Friends even loved ones (borne from romantic relationships) can betray you. Do not give too much of yourself!

Challenge yourself. Widen your horizon but deepen your anchor.

Read the Bible. Be more self- contemplating and discerning particularly of people whom you admit in to your life.

Don't look back :) just keep moving forward.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Dear Betty,

Well hello there, Ms. Scaredy Cat. I have so much to say to you. I hope you can take a few minutes to sit down and listen. Life ahead can be really tough for you. But first, let me say sorry. I've been tough on you the past few years. I know those times were incredibly hard and I have to be considerate about your situation. When I peered into that looking glass of yours, I see a quiet, shy girl that's afraid of a lot of things. Afraid of failure, rejection, loneliness, and change. All these things are just holding you back from reaching that light at the end.

You should have accepted that promotion in the company you previously worked for. You'll be in good hands and I know you're not the power-tripping kind. You could have avoided the succeeding disappointments if you listened and not be afraid of the task ahead of you. You're not a fucking cum laude for nothing. You're good in what you do and you're not selfish to share it with others. See now, your current boss trust you to train those people because you can be relied on. Go on with it, do not back down now.

Your friends urged you to date that guy, you should have followed your instinct and veered away from the toxicity of it all. But its not your fault, its just that that guy is really an assh*le. You were ready, your body is ready. But his childishness is a cold stone that hindered anything from growing. You deserve better. You have this little one that looks up to you, that should be enough for now.

You came back here, why? Because of boredom or you want to be yourself without being judged? After all, if you get judged here, its like a pot calling the kettle black. You should know better now. Don't let them treat you like a game, but show them how it is played. And play real good.

For all those nights you spent crying and wondering where you did wrong, its not entirely your fault. Maybe a little because you choose to surround yourself with the wrong people. Be wise. Remember, negative people need drama and oxygen. Stay positive and take their breath away (naks, is this you talking?!)

So, if there's one thing you should remember, be not afraid. Life will not always be easy and it will not always be kind but the joy often lies below the surface of discomfort. You can never appreciate anything if you don't get to experience the opposite. Never be afraid to be who you are. Flaws and all, because that's where your true beauty lies. Be confident even if you don't feel like it. Have the courage to live your values and accept the fact that it may differ from others and that its OKAY.

Love yourself above all. Because you can never give what you don't have.

That is all.

Kthxbye.

• Like (+1) 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dear self,

I don't know it myself yet, and I haven't reached the end as of now, but life will be good to you. Just. Keep. On. F***ing. Going. You may or may not make the same decisions, the same mistakes, as I have, but I'll still say the same. Just. Keep. On. F***ing. Going.

Enjoy life, and live a happy life. Happiness is a choice, not the result of one.

Best regards,

Yourself

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this is new

"Forget about him.. he doesn't care anymore

stop doing things for him, do it for yourself

you're not his priority, for him you are an adult responsible for your own life

He doesn't like you eversince he found out that you're a girl

stop being a fool for him.. you can live and survive without him"