SSS Inquiries... Let Me Help You...

hi there... i have several questions, hope u can help...

im still n the process of weighing the pros n cons n having SSS. by the way, im self employed n have one employee. my monthly income ranges from 20-30Thou.

How much do I pay a month as contribution and how can a self employed claim sickness benefits?

What are the requirements?

Thanks bro...

A member is qualified to avail himself of this benefit if:

1. he is unable to work due to sickness or injury and is thus confined either in the hospital or at home for at least four days;

2. he has paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately before the semester of sickness;

3. he has used up all current company sick leaves with pay for the current year;

4. he has notified his employer or the SSS, if he is a separated, voluntary or self-employed member.

How much sickness benefit is an employee entitled to receive?

The amount of an employee's sickness benefit is computed as the daily sickness allowance times the approved number of days.

Effective May 24, 1997, the daily sickness allowance is 90 per cent of the average daily salary credit (Section 14 of Republic Act 8282).

How is the sickness benefit computed?

1. Exclude the semester of sickness.

A semester refers to a period of two consecutive quarters ending in the quarter of sickness.

A quarter refers to a period of three consecutive months ending on the last day of March, June, September or December.

2. Count 12 months backwards starting from the month immediately before the semester of sickness.

3. Identify the six highest monthly salary credits within the 12-month period.

Monthly salary credit means the compensation base for contributions and benefits related to the total earnings for the month. The maximum covered earnings or compensation is P15,000 beginning January 2002.

. Add the six highest monthly salary credits to get the total monthly salary credit.

5. Divide the total monthly salary credit by 180 days to get the average daily salary credit.

6. Multiply the average daily salary credit by 90 per cent to get the daily sickness allowance.

7. Multiply the daily sickness allowance by the approved number of days to arrive at the amount of benefit due.

For example, let us say that an SSS member gets sick or injured in October 1998 for 20 days:

a. The semester of sickness would be from July 1998 to December 1998.

b. The 12-month period would be from July 1997 to June 1998 within which the six highest monthly salary credits will be chosen.

c. Let us assume that the six highest monthly salary credits are P11,000 each. Thus, the total monthly salary credit is P66,000 (P11,000 x 6).

d. The total monthly salary credit would be divided by 180 to get the average daily salary credit or P366.67 (P66,000 / 180).

e. The daily sickness allowance is 90 per cent of the average daily salary credit or P330 (P366.67 x 0.9).

Thus, the daily sickness allowance for 1998 is P330. This amount was derived by determining the daily salary credit as follows: P11,000 (maximum salary credit) x 6 / 180 = 366.67.

Ninety per cent of P366.67 is P330.

f. The total sickness allowance is P6,600 (P330 x 20 days).

How many days in a year can a member avail himself of the sickness benefit?

A member can be granted sickness benefit for a maximum of 120 days in one calendar year. Any unused portion of the allowable 120 days sickness benefit cannot be carried forward and added to the total number of allowable compensable days in the subsequent year.

The sickness benefit shall not be paid for more than 240 days on account of the same illness. If the sickness or injury still persists after 240 days, the claim will be considered a disability claim.

Who should an employee notify regarding his sickness or injury?

A member should notify his employer within five days of the sickness or injury.

The employer, in turn, has another five days to notify the SSS.

Notification is not necessary if an employed member's confinement is in a hospital or if he fell sick or was injured while working or was within the company premises. In this case, the employer has to notify the SSS within five days of the employee's sickness or injury.

This is the Rule on Notification.

What is the procedure for notification for unemployed, self-employed and voluntary members?

If a member is unemployed, self-employed, or voluntarily paying, he should notify the SSS directly within five days of confinement, unless such confinement is in a hospital in which case, notification is not necessary.

What are the effects of failure or delay in notification?

1. If the employee notifies his employer, or the SSS, in the case of an unemployed member, self-employed or voluntarily paying member, beyond the prescribed five-day period, the confinement shall be deemed to have started not earlier than the fifth day immediately preceding the date of notification.

2. If the employer notifies the SSS beyond five calendar days after receipt of the notification from the employee, the employer shall be reimbursed only for each day of confinement from the 10th calendar day immediately preceding the date of notification to the SSS.

3. If the employee has given the required notification to his employer, but the employer fails to notify the SSS within the prescribed period resulting in the reduction or denial by the SSS of the claim, the employer shall have no right to recover the daily sickness allowance he paid to his employee.

. Add the six highest monthly salary credits to get the total monthly salary credit.

5. Divide the total monthly salary credit by 180 days to get the average daily salary credit.

6. Multiply the average daily salary credit by 90 per cent to get the daily sickness allowance.

7. Multiply the daily sickness allowance by the approved number of days to arrive at the amount of benefit due.

For example, let us say that an SSS member gets sick or injured in October 1998 for 20 days:

a. The semester of sickness would be from July 1998 to December 1998.

b. The 12-month period would be from July 1997 to June 1998 within which the six highest monthly salary credits will be chosen.

c. Let us assume that the six highest monthly salary credits are P11,000 each. Thus, the total monthly salary credit is P66,000 (P11,000 x 6).

d. The total monthly salary credit would be divided by 180 to get the average daily salary credit or P366.67 (P66,000 / 180).

e. The daily sickness allowance is 90 per cent of the average daily salary credit or P330 (P366.67 x 0.9).

Thus, the daily sickness allowance for 1998 is P330. This amount was derived by determining the daily salary credit as follows: P11,000 (maximum salary credit) x 6 / 180 = 366.67.

Ninety per cent of P366.67 is P330.

f. The total sickness allowance is P6,600 (P330 x 20 days).

How many days in a year can a member avail himself of the sickness benefit?

A member can be granted sickness benefit for a maximum of 120 days in one calendar year. Any unused portion of the allowable 120 days sickness benefit cannot be carried forward and added to the total number of allowable compensable days in the subsequent year.

The sickness benefit shall not be paid for more than 240 days on account of the same illness. If the sickness or injury still persists after 240 days, the claim will be considered a disability claim.

Who should an employee notify regarding his sickness or injury?

A member should notify his employer within five days of the sickness or injury.

The employer, in turn, has another five days to notify the SSS.

Notification is not necessary if an employed member's confinement is in a hospital or if he fell sick or was injured while working or was within the company premises. In this case, the employer has to notify the SSS within five days of the employee's sickness or injury.

This is the Rule on Notification.

What is the procedure for notification for unemployed, self-employed and voluntary members?

If a member is unemployed, self-employed, or voluntarily paying, he should notify the SSS directly within five days of confinement, unless such confinement is in a hospital in which case, notification is not necessary.

What are the effects of failure or delay in notification?

1. If the employee notifies his employer, or the SSS, in the case of an unemployed member, self-employed or voluntarily paying member, beyond the prescribed five-day period, the confinement shall be deemed to have started not earlier than the fifth day immediately preceding the date of notification.

2. If the employer notifies the SSS beyond five calendar days after receipt of the notification from the employee, the employer shall be reimbursed only for each day of confinement from the 10th calendar day immediately preceding the date of notification to the SSS.

3. If the employee has given the required notification to his employer, but the employer fails to notify the SSS within the prescribed period resulting in the reduction or denial by the SSS of the claim, the employer shall have no right to recover the daily sickness allowance he paid to his employee.

to reese

very obvious :) , though not campaigning for another candidate :(

kelan kaya pueden ma-access ang sss sa net as in see your contributions, etc.

may balita pakc na persistent na unauthorized people using your accounts para maka loan, etc. :angry:

kung may net, kahit papaano, makakabawas kc constantly monitored mo account mo. kahit monitoring malaking bagay na yan

to reese

may balita pakc na persistent na unauthorized people using your accounts para maka loan, etc. :angry:

kung may net, kahit papaano, makakabawas kc constantly monitored mo account mo. kahit monitoring malaking bagay na yan

Depende yata sa network mo. Kc d2 sa ofc sinubukan ko ayaw cyang gumana pero sinubukan ko sa ibang pc ok naman cya.

to reese

ok nman ung online verification...... kso natime k lng cguro n offline kami......either because of system maintenance or due to flooding....... dmi rin kc naka connect e...........

about the loans.......... d n puede maka loan ung d mismo ang may-ari ng account...... kc meron ng digitized ID na lessen ung mga fraud loaners.......... cguro ung mga case na yun nangyari lang yan in the past..........

tanong lang po..

I have 4 months SSS contribution from my previous employer that didn't register in my SSS account. Because it was rejected by SSS due to invalid SSS #, eh kc naman kulang ng isang digit.

How can I have this corrected?

thanks in advance

--fred

who gave the SSS no. to your employer?are you sure na TAma yun?

kasi the employer depends on the data submitted by their employee, regarding their SSS membership.........

kung tama nman ung na submit mo......... this time it's the employer's fault...... dapat cla ung mag settle sa SSS..... madali lang naman ayusin yan basta you have the proper proof (e.g. documents like SSS form R3, etc.)........... the SSS branch assigned to the location of your previous employer may help you........ ayusin mo agad yan para di ka na mahirapan in the future...

My situation:

Sa aking pong birth certificate e mali ang first name ko, ang nakasulalt po e "JUNILO" pero ang name pong iyan e hindi ko nagamit, simula po kasi ng nag-grade 1 ako e, "JONELO" na ang gamit ko hanggang ngayon.

Medyo weird po ano... late po kasi akong na-register. Tapos na po ako ng elementary saka po ako na-i-rehistro. Nagkamali po ang Local Civil Registrar sa pagsusulat ng aking pangalan, hindi rin po iwinasto ng tatay ko kaya nagkaganyan.

Kaya nitong nagkaroon na ako ng trabaho, kailan ko lang po napagalaman na temporary ang SSS number ko dahil sa hindi tugma ang pangalan ko sa record nila which is JONELO at ang pangalan ko sa aking birth certificate which is JUNILO.

Binalak ko po na ipabago ang pangalan ko sa BC ko, pero SSS na rin po ang nagsabi na hindi rin nila ito i-o-honor dahil sa late po akong naiparehistro. Hiningian po nila ako ng Baptismal Certificate, yun na lang daw po ang pagbabasehan nila. JONELO naman po ang first name ko roon sa Batismal Certicate, pero mula po noong naisubmit ko na iyon ay wala na akong natatanggap na updates. Ayos na po ba yon?

About naman po sa mali kong first name sa aking Birth Certificate, ano po ba ang madaling proceso na dapat kung gawin para agad itong mabago na hindi ako gagastos ng malaki? May mga nag-o-offer po kasi sa akin na tutulungan nila ako pero malaki po ang bayad at mababago pa ang ibang impormasyon sa birth certificate, tulad ng birth place. Kapag po ba naitama ang name ko sa Birth Certificate ko e i-ho-honor ito ng DFA? Kasi sa SSS e hindi nila i-o-honor dahil late registered. Anong ahensya pa kaya ang hindi o-honor sa BC ko?

Pasensya na kayo kung masyadong mahaba. Sana mapaliwanagan nyo ako.

updates???? try to confirm it to SSS branch na pinag-filelan mo niyan........but if you can give me your SSS no. mas madali..... just PM me..........

ung fixer na nakikipag deal sayo........ wag mo kunin ung offer....... meron naman ibang paraan n d ka gagastos kahit singko...... just ask d NSO for it.........

in the absence of Birth Certificate (or invalid lang cya)....... we require the next primary documents..... the Baptismal Certificate....... pero ala talaga ma provide........ nid mo lang ang negative results ng dalawang primary documents and submit at least three valid identification documents (ito na ung secondary) e.g. drivers licence, school records, PRC licence... etc...

dapat meron kang sulat from the SSS to notify you that ok n ung record mo........

:D

Guest ginny

Hi izzecoh.. tutuo po ba na wala ng pera ang SSS ngayon kse nasa kampanya na lahat? Kse yun officemate ko na pioneer dito as in nauna pa sa kin.. nagke-claim lang ng sickness benefit, labo labo na yun info nya.. as in yun current company nya eh yun nauna pa nyang company.. eh 16 yrs na sha dito at naka-claim naman sha ng sickness last year, ibig sabihin ok naman yun record nya last year. Bat kaya ganun?

Sir, nag pa-I.D ako sa SSS sa Cubao last Nov. 11, tapos bumalik ako ng Jan 15 to follow up according dun sa stub ko, pero pagdating ko dun sabi i- snail mail na lang daw pero hanggang ngayon wala pa rin ako narereceive. Paano po gagawain ko para makuha yung SSS I.D?

punta k s Main office ng SSS, then hanapin mo ung Mailing Section....... tapos humingi ng Registry No. para ma verify mo s Post Office kung nasan na cya....... pero mahigit 2 months na yan kaya baka na RTS na yan or Return To Sender....... verify mo na rin s mailing department..... 2nd floor, SSS Main Office, Diliman, QC :)

Hi izzecoh.. tutuo po ba na wala ng pera ang SSS ngayon kse nasa kampanya na lahat? Kse yun officemate ko na pioneer dito as in nauna pa sa kin.. nagke-claim lang ng sickness benefit, labo labo na yun info nya.. as in yun current company nya eh yun nauna pa nyang company.. eh 16 yrs na sha dito at naka-claim naman sha ng sickness last year, ibig sabihin ok naman yun record nya last year. Bat kaya ganun?

hmm???? sguro ung record nya ung nagkaproblema....... d ko cya analize kc i need to get the SSS no. para ma check ko........ but the good side is naka claim naman cya ng sickness....... baka need lang updates ung records nya.........

and about ur question,,,, as i said earlier.... meron pang reserve funds ang SSS...... medyo mahina lang ung collection ngayon due to the crisis...... pero makakaahon p tayo...... i hope... :mtc:

hello izzecoh!

down ang online inquiry ng sss.gov.ph. i check every day, pero tlagang di lumalabas. how can i check my contributions? hassle pa naman pumunta ng sss buendia kse po graveyard shift ako d2 s ofc...sana you could help me...

also, how can i check kung sino nakalagay na beneficary sa sss ko? di ko na kse matandaan eh, sabi sa sss buendia, kelangan daw sa main office ko i-verify yun. naku, ang layo po! is there any way that i could verify? para rin kse ma-change ko as soon as possible.

thanks!

punta k s Main office ng SSS, then hanapin mo ung Mailing Section....... tapos humingi ng Registry No. para ma verify mo s Post Office kung nasan na cya....... pero mahigit 2 months na yan kaya baka na RTS na yan or Return To Sender....... verify mo na rin s mailing department..... 2nd floor, SSS Main Office, Diliman, QC :)

sir, kailangan po bang personal na magpunta?, puwede po ba by phone?, kung puwede, may kopya po ba kayo ng phone number nila... Thank you.

Guest ginny
hmm???? sguro ung record nya ung nagkaproblema....... d ko cya analize kc i need to get the SSS no. para ma check ko........ but the good side is naka claim naman cya ng sickness....... baka need lang updates ung records nya.........

and about ur question,,,, as i said earlier.... meron pang reserve funds ang SSS...... medyo mahina lang ung collection ngayon due to the crisis...... pero makakaahon p tayo...... i hope... :mtc:

Thank you po. Pero last year po sha naka-claim ng sickness, nung Feb, nagke-claim sana sha ulet pero di na ma-approve kse daw kulang pa ang salary credit daw nya.. nakakatawa kse 16 yrs na yun tao dito.. pero lumabas sa record na hindi etong company namin ang current company nya kundi yung nauna pang company na pinagtrabahuhan nya.. kaya ayun.. disapprove yun tao..

Regular naman mag-remit ang mga companies sa SSS ah.. bat naman mawawalan ng pera? :blink:

Thank you ulet. ;)

heyya izzicoh, got my SSS # since 1995. ive worked before in a fast food chains for 2 years & i really saw/verify my contributions online. now, since '96 up to now, i didnt contribute on my SSS, what is the best thing for me to do? I really wanna continue my monthly contrbutions but i dunno how and besides im here abroad. Can you please kindly advice me for the best actions i must do coz im just wasting my time nad besides im getting older too(25 now).

Thnx in advance tol!!!

sir, kailangan po bang personal na magpunta?, puwede po ba by phone?, kung puwede, may kopya po ba kayo ng phone number nila... Thank you.

try call this..... 920-6401.... the operator will connect you the concerned department....... pero if you hav anytime.... maganda kung punta ka personally

heyya izzicoh, got my SSS # since 1995. ive worked before in a fast food chains for 2 years & i really saw/verify my contributions online. now, since '96 up to now, i didnt contribute on my SSS, what is the best thing for me to do? I really wanna continue my monthly contrbutions but i dunno how and besides im here abroad. Can you please kindly advice me for the best actions i must do coz im just wasting my time nad besides im getting older too(25 now).

Thnx in advance tol!!!

san ka sa abroad??? meron representative tayo ng SSS sa lahat ng Embassy ng RP,,,,,, just visit them and they'll help agad......

u have to two options to continue your SSS membership....... Self-employed and voluntary....... look ka n lang sa previous postings ko about it.....

tuloy mo lang yan tol!!!! it may help you at the end....

hello izzecoh!

down ang online inquiry ng sss.gov.ph. i check every day, pero tlagang di lumalabas. how can i check my contributions? hassle pa naman pumunta ng sss buendia kse po graveyard shift ako d2 s ofc...sana you could help me...

also, how can i check kung sino nakalagay na beneficary sa sss ko? di ko na kse matandaan eh, sabi sa sss buendia, kelangan daw sa main office ko i-verify yun. naku, ang layo po! is there any way that i could verify? para rin kse ma-change ko as soon as possible.

thanks!

i'll PM you n lang...