SSS Inquiries... Let Me Help You...

Good Day izzecoh,

When my wife and I got married, she stopped working.

Her old SSS ID still has her maiden name.

We tried to get her a new SSS ID with the married name and we proceeded to the SSS office in Makati. Her picture was taken and she was asked to fill out a form for our current address. We never received the ID.

Is this because contributions have stopped in her name? (not working anymore)

Is there anything we can do in order for her to get a new SSS ID?

Also, are there any kind of maternity benefits for SSS members?

Sorry, dami kong tanong but I really appreciate your help and I am sure that all of our readers here appreciate what you have been doing over the poast few years on this forum. You are a very helpful person and I think that you should be commended for your efforts!

• 2 weeks later...

i was diagnosed having an ovarian cyst, will have an operation after 4 weeks from now.

last month i already submitted maternity notification to sss because that time i'm already 2 months pregnant.

my question is, can i still avail sickness benefits from sss after my operation? how about my maternity benefits?

thank you

• 3 weeks later...
@Izzecoh: Confirm ko lang sa inyo kung accurate nga ang policy na to: Pag kuha mo ng SSS loan check, you can cash it any PNB branch di po ba?

bank policies na po kc yan, sir... sometimes the SSS is not updated with it. sorry for the inconvience if there's any..

anong pwede k gawin kng ang dati kong agency hindi parin naghu2log sa sss. 1 1/2 year na.

you can file a formal complaint with the SSS. but before doing that, inform mo ung employer mo na hindi pumapasok ung contributions mo. baka may problem lang between you employer and the SSS.

Good Day izzecoh,

Is this because contributions have stopped in her name? (not working anymore)

Is there anything we can do in order for her to get a new SSS ID?

Also, are there any kind of maternity benefits for SSS members?

about her ID, pls proceed to the main office located at East Ave, QC. Sa Mailing Department kayo mag inquire... probably, bumalik na smin ung ID nyo and kasama na ito sa mga na RTS.

maternity benefits? yes, basta qualified. i suggest u visit the SSS site... sss.gov.ph..

my Q goes to izzecoh,

bossing, gaano ba katagal ung period na alotted para sa accidental benefits?

for example: accident occured Jan 1, 2006... hangang kelan ka pwedeng magfile?

TIA... more power!

almost lahat n claims has an allotment of 12 months from the date of contingency... so better file it na!!

for more infos... visit www.sss.gov.ph

then ask me n lang kung meron hindi kayo naintindihan dun :D

• 2 weeks later...

Condonation of loan penalties extended anew till December 29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Following the moderate success of the two loan penalty condonation programs that the SSS implemented in 2004 to 2005, the condonation program for short-term loans is again being offered until December 29, 2006.

Initially, the condonation program was to cover the period October 1, 2005 to June 30, 2006 only. However, following the May 1 Labor Day announcement by President Gloria Arroyo, the condonation program was further extended to December 29, to allow more time for delinquent borrowers to settle their loans.

Members eligible to join the program are those who are delinquent in their loan repayments as of September 30, 2005, as well as members with final claims (e.g., retirement, death, and total disability) whose date of contingency falls within the condonation period. Members of delinquent cooperatives under the Members’ Assistance for the Development of Entrepreneurship) Program may also join.

As approved by the Social Security Commission (SSC) via Resolution No. 203-s.2006, employers who are delinquent in the remittance of their employees’ loan amortizations may also apply for penalty condonation, even if they have pending cases before the Social Security Commission (SSC), Prosecutor’s Office or courts, or have pending proposals with the SSC. However, their application for the condonation shall not prejudice the affected employees or the SSS from filing a case against the delinquent employer for violating the SS Law.

Payment of arrears (outstanding principal and interest) may be in full or through installments, with the penalties that would be written off proportionate to the amount of arrears paid. Any remaining balance would continue to accumulate penalties, unless paid off by December 29, 2006. Members would then be allowed to apply for new short-term loans only after two years from date of last payment.

Delinquent loans covered in the extended program are salary, calamity, emergency, educational, study-now-pay-later, vocation/technical, Y2K, stock investment, and privatization fund loans. For the last two loan categories, SILP and PFLP borrowers may sell their shares of stocks through the SSS provided that net proceeds shall be applied first to the interest balance, then to the principal.

Member-borrowers who wish to pay in cash or thru installment need to accomplish the appropriate application form and submit this to the nearest SSS office. They shall then be issued an Acknowledgement Receipt, together with a Statement of Account and the SSS Form ML-1, both stamped “With Application for Condonation of Penalty”. Upon payment of the arrears, the proofs of payment (Special Bank Receipt or machine-validated SSS Form ML-1) should then be submitted to the SSS for immediate posting.

Meanwhile, SILP and PFLP borrowers may sell their shares through the SSS by accom-plishing the notarized Special Power of Attorney, Broker Signature Cards, and Broker Application Form. These should be submitted on or before November 15, 2006, along with the SSS Statement of Account, and an authenticated photocopy of the member’s SS ID card.

The stock shares will be sold at the prevailing market price. The following charges shall be deducted from the proceeds: Broker’s Commission, Sales Tax, Value-Added Tax, Transfer Charges, and fees for the Phil. Central Depository, the Securities Clearing Corporation, and the Phil. Stock Exchange. The net proceeds shall then be applied as payment to the delinquent SILP/PFLP account, with any excess to be refunded to the borrower. Otherwise, any remaining balance should be paid in full by the member-borrower by December 29, 2006.

i was diagnosed having an ovarian cyst, will have an operation after 4 weeks from now.

last month i already submitted maternity notification to sss because that time i'm already 2 months pregnant.

my question is, can i still avail sickness benefits from sss after my operation? how about my maternity benefits?

thank you

ull be havin ur operation at the time of pregnancy??

rare case ito, mam...

as far i know, these are two diff benefits...

you can avail the sickness benefit after ur operation....

while u can also claim a maternity reimbursement after you gave birth...

i suggest you visit a nearest sss office...

to the lord of the thread:

I processed my id last may.. and i asked it to be mailed but until now i havent gotten the id...

whats my next step??

thanks in advance have a nice day to everyone...

if its still not delivered with you within one month...

proceed to the SSS Main Office, East avenue in Quezon City...

go to the MAiling dept., located at the 2nd floor,

and verify the problem...

good afternoon!

how do i apply for an SSS number?

Klngan ko sa work.. Kahit san branch ba pwede mag-apply? How much fees? Thanks.

yup, at any branch and no fees to be collected. Just bring ur original birth certificate (with registry no.).

question for anyone who can answer:

every month ba dapat may contribution sa sss? i just checked on the website and it shows "gaps",there are months with no contributions,although on my payslip sa work it shows the deductions are being made.

thanks in advance!

:mtc:

try to ask ur employer kung ano ang manner ng payments nila...

usually, quarterly mag remit cla... so the posting of contributions is also quarterly din...

pakita mo ung print out mo para makita nila ung mga hindi pa nagreflect n payments...

Nag loan ako dati sa SSS, tas tapos na ako mag bayan.. ten nag check ako kung magkano available ko para i-loan.. ang nakalagay eh "you exceeded your loan balance by P500... ano po ba ibig sabihin nito.. kulang pa yung bayad dun sa dati kong loan... or sumubra pa yung nabayad ko... kasi eto daw yung dahilan para ma-deny ang loan application ko.. can someone interpret this for me... thanks.

• 1 month later...

Sir,

Need help or info on my father's home loan. Bahay po namin sa Cebu. Originally po nag loan siya sa SSS noon 1970's tapos after a few years, napabayaan. Mid-1990's na restructure po yung loan, nakabayad po kami ng mga 16,000 pesos (original loan was 50,000 pesos). Sister ko po yung nag pa restructure pero hindi na honor kasi wala daw pong proper authorization sa father ko. Last year po naka kuha kami ng notice na i-embargo na daw by end of this year dahil sa basence of payment. Enter Condonation program, ano po ba ang kailangan naming gawin? Tumawag po kami sa cebu branch last week ( nasa states po kasi yung father namin) . Sabi po nila kaka-sign pa daw po ng bill wala pa pong details tungkol sa kung papaano ire-restructure uli yung loan. Tutoo po ba yon? From 50,000 pesos and all those years ng interest, nagin almost 1 million pesos na po yung loan o utang namin. Over the years, wala rin po kaming nakuhang notice till lately. Sir, papaano po ba ang dapat naming gawin? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Anybody we can contact in particular na makakatulong, kung may info po kayo kindly help us out.

Sir,

Need help or info on my father's home loan. Bahay po namin sa Cebu. Originally po nag loan siya sa SSS noon 1970's tapos after a few years, napabayaan. Mid-1990's na restructure po yung loan, nakabayad po kami ng mga 16,000 pesos (original loan was 50,000 pesos). Sister ko po yung nag pa restructure pero hindi na honor kasi wala daw pong proper authorization sa father ko. Last year po naka kuha kami ng notice na i-embargo na daw by end of this year dahil sa basence of payment. Enter Condonation program, ano po ba ang kailangan naming gawin? Tumawag po kami sa cebu branch last week ( nasa states po kasi yung father namin) . Sabi po nila kaka-sign pa daw po ng bill wala pa pong details tungkol sa kung papaano ire-restructure uli yung loan. Tutoo po ba yon? From 50,000 pesos and all those years ng interest, nagin almost 1 million pesos na po yung loan o utang namin. Over the years, wala rin po kaming nakuhang notice till lately. Sir, papaano po ba ang dapat naming gawin? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Anybody we can contact in particular na makakatulong, kung may info po kayo kindly help us out.

Sir,

i just filed for an sss salary loan with my current employer and it was denied ...

the reason ?

sss records shows that i've got an outstanding balance amounting to p221,311.78 !!!

no way am i gonna pay for that amount !!!

that is totally outrageous !!! it totally pissed me off and ruined my day ...

i called up my previous employer and stated my predicament ...

according to the hr and accounting dept all deductibles where already deducted from my separation pay last mar 2005 ...

so its impossible they said for me to have any outstanding liabilities with sss ...

(i will be going there to get a printout tomorrow since they are very kind enough to help me)

since i have been employed here with my current employer since july 2005 ...

is it possible that someone from sss are doing some magical things ?

i've heard of these so called account hackers but ... damn ...

any suggestions or help would be highly appreciated ...

thanks ...

• 2 months later...

Magtatanong lang po sana sa mga nakakaalam..

Kung ang isang empleyado po ba ay magma-migrate na, makukuha po ba nya ang mga contributions nya sa SSS at PAGIBIG? and kung may existing salary loan po sa SSS? paano po ang mangyayari dun? kailangan po ba nyang isettle muna yun?

Salamat po sa inyong lahat...

sir question lang po regarding voluntary members contribution, previously employed ako cguro mga 3 yrs. ago. tpos un wife ko naman mga Feb. 2006 ata last contribution nya sa dating employer. ngayong nov. nag change kme to voluntary, makakakuha ba sya ng maternity benefit? na inform nya na nun nov. ang sss na pregnant na sya, tpos ang due nya sa may or june.

• 1 month later...