SSS Inquiries... Let Me Help You...

The Salary Loan Application Form (ISL-101) can be used by an eligible SSS member to apply for a salary loan.

You must fill up the first page of Form ISL-101 using black ink and submit one copy to the nearest SSS branch. See page 2 of the form for important instructions and for the terms and conditions covering the grant of salary loan.

The form needs to be signed by the employer (or his representative, usually the HR Department), and they can file it for you as well.  They can also claim the check for you.  You would just have to encash it.

I recall having read somewhere though that SSS loan applicants will be required to open an account at a Landbank branch to facilitate the release of their loan.  The proceeds will deposited direct to the said account. (I may be wrong on this)

tnx ulit!!

is it true that your SSS account can be used by another person to claim benefits such as loan, etc. who's working or has contact at SSS?

we've heard it being done before.

but none from me as to actual knowledge or experience.

thats why others suggest that you avail of your benefit even if you dont need it. just so you wont be left holding the bag in case the loan availed by the "other" you isnt paid.

hi,

wud lyk 2 know how my fwend cud get his paternity benefits from sss. 

pls rep. tnx!

unfortunately, your friend can't avail of his paternity benefits from sss.

no such benefit at all exists from the SSS.

unless he is a "she" in which case, it would be a maternity benefit. :)

on the other hand... you may check out http://www.chanrobles.com/legal4paternity.htm which refers to Republic Act 8187

AN ACT GRANTING PATERNITY LEAVE OF SEVEN (7) DAYS WITH FULL PAY TO ALL MARRIED MALE EMPLOYEES IN THE PRIVATE AND PUBLIC SECTORS FOR THE FIRST FOUR (4) DELIVERIES OF THE LEGITIMATE SPOUSE WITH WHOM HE IS COHABITING AND FOR OTHER PURPOSES

---

Paternity Leave

Paternity leave is granted to all married male employees in the private sector, regardless of employment status, (e.g. probationary, regular, contractual, project-based) the purpose of which is to allow the husband to lend support to his wife during her period of recovery and/or in the nursing of her newborn child.

The leave shall be for seven (7) days, with full pay, consisting of basic salary and mandatory allowances fixed by the Regional Wage Board, if any, provided that his pay shall not be less than the mandated minimum wage.

Availment of the paternity leave may be after the delivery, without prejudice to an employer's policy of allowing the employee to avail of the benefit before or during the delivery, provided that the total number of days shall not be more than seven (7) days for each covered delivery.

ask ko lang, my father retired 2 years ago. and meron syang mga nahulog sa sss.  hindi nga lang umabot ng 120contributions.  makukuha po ba nya yun?  pano po ang procedure? tnx!

as per RA 8282:

"SEC. 12-B. Retirement Benefits. - (a) A member who has paid at least one hundred twenty (120) monthly contributions prior to the semester of retirement and who (1) has reached the age of sixty (60) years and is already separated from employment or has ceased to be self-employed or (2) has reached the age of sixty-five (65) years, shall be entitled for as long as he lives to the monthly pension: Provided, That he shall have the option to receive his first eighteen (18) monthly pensions in lump sum discounted at a preferential rate of interest to be determined by the SSS.

"(B) A covered member who is sixty (60) years old at retirement and who does not qualify for pension benefits under paragraph (a) above, shall be entitled to a lump sum benefit equal to the total contributions paid by him and on his behalf: Provided, That he is separated from employment and is not continuing payment of contributions to the SSS on his own.

=============================

What papers are needed in filing for retirement benefit?

SSS Form BPN-101 and 108 (Application for Retirement Benefit);

Separation paper from last employer (if member is less than 65 years old);

Birth certificate of member if the date of birth in the SSS Form E-1 (Personal Data Record) is not the same as the date of birth in his application form;

Passbook;

Birth or baptismal certificates of children (if children's corresponding date of births are not indicated in SSS Form E-1/E-4);

Marriage certificate, if with dependent children and spouse is not indicated in SSS Form E-1/E-4; and

Proofs of filiation for illegitimate dependent children.

Dunno if this is the place to ask, but I checked my employment info on the SSS site, and there's an entry there that I worked in such and such place, when I never in all my life even applied there. How can this error be corrected?

there are cases of wrong encoding... maybe somebidy accidentally used your sss no....

pls try to visit our branch for this concern,,, ty

uy may katulong na si izzecoh mukhang mabubuhay ang thread na toh ah,....

izzecoh at council...

pano ko i sue ang employer sa sss eh sa mismong sss may kakilala ung employer namin mukhang malakas kapit kasi relative nya un sss employee.... kaya malakas loob...hanep ang mga tao dito opurtunista tlga...

uy may katulong na si izzecoh mukhang mabubuhay ang thread na toh ah,....

izzecoh at council...

pano ko i sue ang employer sa sss eh sa mismong sss may kakilala ung employer namin mukhang malakas kapit kasi relative nya un sss employee.... kaya malakas loob...hanep ang mga tao dito opurtunista tlga...

you don't need any "padrinos" para maligtas ka sa illegal...

just gather evidences and file it to the office of DOLE....

or visit the nearest SSS branch tapos ireklamo mo ung employer mo....

kahit pa sabihin may kamag anak cya dun... baka madamay pa ung kung cno mang "kapit" nya....

we've heard it being done before.

but none from me as to actual knowledge or experience.

thats why others suggest that you avail of your benefit even if you dont need it. just so you wont be left holding the bag in case the loan availed by the "other" you isnt paid.

a lot of us here dont want to get a loan from sss coz we dont want to have any debts to pay...we just hope our sss accounts will not be used by unscrupulous individuals posing as us..this is a very delicate matter and we hope sss is very alert on this..

I just want to know if I could still pay the premium of my SSS for the past 2 years . I have been active in paying for the past 10 years but i was not able to pay since 2003 to present. Will my payment previously be void because of my non-payment for the past 2 years?

Hoping for your advise soon.

Hey... Nice thread... I have a question" How do I know kung magkano na mga contributions ko sa SSS and kung eligible na akong magloan? Thanks...

you can check from your employer who will ask you to fill up a form that they will send to the SSS office. You will get a printout of your contributions.

You may also go to the SSS website at http://www.sss.gov.ph and go through the "ONLINE INQUIRY" menu.

What is a salary loan?

It is a loan intended to meet a member's short-term credit needs.

Who may qualify for a salary loan?

An employed, currently paying, self-employed or voluntary member (SE/VM) who has 6 posted monthly contributions for the last 12 months prior to filing of application.

The member-borrower must have 36 posted monthly contributions, prior to the month of filing of application to avail of a one-month loan.

The member-borrower must have 72 posted monthly contributions, prior to the month of filing of application to avail of a two-month loan.

If the member-borrower is employed, his employer must be updated in contributions and loan remittances.

The member-borrower must be updated/current in the payment of his obligations in his other member loans, which include educational, stock investment, MADE & housing loans granted under the Unified Housing Loan Program (UHLP) or direct from SSS.

The member-borrower has not been granted final benefit (total permanent disability, retirement and death).

The member-borrower must not be more than sixty (60) years of age at the time of application.

The member-borrower has not been disqualified due to fraud committed against the SSS.

How much are the interest and service fee charged on a salary loan?

The loan shall be charged a nominal interest of 10% per annum. First year's interest shall be deducted in advance from the proceeds of the loan. Second year's interest shall be included in the monthly amortizations.

A service fee of 1% of the loan amount shall be charged and deducted from the proceeds of the loan.

Will a member-borrower with a balance on previous loans still be allowed to borrow?

A member-borrower who has a balance of P500 or less on previous short-term loans will be allowed to borrow. The balance will be deducted from the proceeds of the new loan.

How much is the loanable amount?

A one-month salary loan is equivalent to the average of the member's latest 12 monthly salary credits posted.

A two-month salary loan is equivalent to twice the average of the member's latest 12 monthly salary credits posted (rounded to the next higher monthly salary credit), but not to exceed P24,000.

What is meant by monthly salary credit?

The monthly salary credit is the basis of the comp*tation of benefits and loans (Please see the schedule of contributions).

In case a loan is not paid, how much is the penalty?

Loan amortizations not remitted on due dates shall bear a penalty of 1% per month..

Employers who fail to remit to the SSS the monthly installments of their member-borrowers' loans on due dates shall bear a penalty of 1% a month.

I have a question, I already have a SSS ID the digitized version, and my signature there is now different to what I'm currently using, if I apply a salary loan will that be a problem? If so what should I do before I ask for a loan?

even if you change your signature.... there is still a similarity between the hand strokes...

it will surely be noticed... d nman masyado mahigpit s signatures e...