Upcoming Movies - Want To Watch?

Official 'Saw III' Synopsis Finally Revealed!

Lionsgate is well on its way to shooting their third entry in their infamous Saw franchise in Toronto, Canada, and up until today things have been pretty secretive. We've now finally received the official synopsis for Darren Lynn Bousman's Saw III, which stars Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, Bahar Soomekh, Angus Macfadyen and Dina Meyer.

Jigsaw has disappeared.

With his new apprentice Amanda (Shawnee Smith), the puppet-master behind the cruel, intricate games that have terrified a community and baffled police has once again eluded capture and vanished. While city detectives scramble to locate him, Doctor Lynn Denlon (Bahar Soomekh) is unaware that she is about to become the latest pawn on his vicious chessboard.

One night, after finishing a shift at her hospital, Lynn is kidnapped and taken to an abandoned warehouse where she meets Jigsaw (Tobin Bell), bedridden and on the verge of death. She is told that she must keep the madman alive for as long as it takes Jeff (Angus Macfayden), another of his victims, to complete a game of his own. Racing against the ticking clock of Jigsaw’s own heartbeat, Lynn and Jeff struggle to make it through each of their vicious tests, unaware that he has a much bigger plan for both of them…

Here's some part of the interview with Sam Raimi, the director of Spider-Man 3:

I asked him about the teaser trailer and I said, it's coming with Talladega Nights right? Before I finished asking the question, he said Superman. And there was another man listening who confirmed that. But then Sam said well I don't know what "they're" doing but they told me Superman Returns. Keep a look out.

I had so many questions I don't know why I asked him these when I look back on it. Probably because Venom means so much to me. I first asked... and pointed to the chairs. Will Venom have a black suit with a "WHITE" logo, unlike black suit Spidey and he said yes. I think I said THANK YOU! Then I asked if Topher would be in a suit or if Venom would be CGI, to which he said he will be in a suit, and obviously the actors can only do so much with the heroes and so Venom will obviously have to have some CG. Then I said and he will be in the movie for the last ten minutes right? Then he hesitated, like he wasn't sure what to tell me then finally said "that's correct."

IT'S OFFICIAL: DIMENSION FILMS TO MAKE NEW “HALLOWEEN” FILM; FILMMAKER ROB ZOMBIE TO WRITE AND DIRECT

Dimension Films is proud to announce that they will make a new “Halloween” movie with Rob Zombie (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses) writing, directing and serving as a producer. Malek Akkad of Trancas International Films (Halloween H20: 20 Years Later) will produce the feature along with Andy Gould of Vision Entertainment Group (The Devil's Rejects, House of 1000 Corpses). Zombie will also serve as music supervisor on the film. Miramax Films will co-finance the development with Dimension Films. The announcement was made today by The Weinstein Company co-chairman, Bob Weinstein.

Zombie's vision of this film is an entirely new take on the legend and will satisfy fans of the classic "Halloween" legacy while beginning a new chapter in the Michael Myers saga. This new movie will not only appeal to horror fans, but to a wider movie-going audience as well. It will not be a copycat of any prior films in the "Halloween" franchise. The film is set for an October 2007 theatrical release.

Bob Weinstein stated, "Rob Zombie is a gifted musician and performer as well as a talented filmmaker. His vision for this new 'Halloween' is spectacular and I am thrilled to be collaborating with him and to work closely with Malek Akkad to continue the legacy built by his father, the late Moustapha Akkad."

Zombie said, "I have been a huge, huge fan of John Carpenter's original film since its release. So when Bob Weinstein approached me about this, I jumped at the chance to join forces with Dimension Films on this amazing project."

The "Halloween" story began with the 1978 release of "John Carpenter's Halloween," executive produced by the late Moustapha Akkad, founder of Trancas International Films and became the highest grossing independent film of the time. Moustapha Akkad's son, Malek, is now taking some of the reigns on this new "Halloween" project to continue the outstanding work begun by his father. Malek Akkad stated, "Trancas is very excited to be working with Rob Zombie and producing another 'Halloween' with Bob Weinstein and Dimension, the home of the franchise for the last three installments. It will be a fitting and worthy tribute to my late father."

"I am thrilled to be working again with Rob and with Dimension Films on such an iconic project that will reinvigorate 'Halloween' and Michael Myers in a truly terrifying new way," stated Andy Gould, Rob Zombie's long time manager and producer of Zombie's two previous films.

"This is a bit of a prequel and a remake, combined," Zombie said.

GHOST RIDER UPDATE

While on the set of his new film Next, Nicolas Cage spilled some secrets about why the much anticipated comic book movie Ghost Rider was postponed.

ComingSoon.net hung out with the eclectic actor for a day and learned that, although there were some reshoots in the last few weeks for Ghost Rider, it's now complete and Cage is finished with the project.

"They were just tweaking certain things towards the end," he explained. "The reason the movie was delayed, I know that's been on people's minds. There were some effects that finally got authorized by the studio which [writer-director] Mark [steven Johnson] really wanted and they're pretty big and it took time to put them together and design them. So we had to delay it and I think it's good because it's something we really wanted to fight for with Ghost Rider going into battle with a helicopter."

Cage, who is a big comic book fan, is really excited about the movie and said he thinks the audience will love his character.

"I mean, of all the characters I feel like that's the one we haven't seen anything quite like yet. It's new terrority because it deals with the spiritual as well as the physical world and that's pretty complex stuff for a comic book character. Also he's a lot of fun. The character of Johnny Blaze, the way we've kind of all designed him, he's a fun character. I wanted to bring a little humor to it as well."

As for a sequel, don't expect him to be in one if there is another one, or any sequel for that matter.

"I'm not contractually obligated to sequels on anything. I'll never say never, but I am happy that I haven't made any sequels to this point. If I do do a sequel, I'm going to have to know for sure that the script is better than the original. So I'm going to be very careful about that because I'm not eager to repeat myself."

iF MAGAZINE: What is the reason that GHOST RIDER is seeing a delayed release?

AVI ARAD: There were a couple of issues. One, we needed more time with the FX, and we didn’t want to rush it. Two, look at the summer. It’s insane, every weekend something opens and something closes. It’s like birth and death. There was no reason to take such a terrific movie and just shove it in there. Initially we were going to shove it and find a weekend. Then we decided that President’s Day weekend for us would be great. DAREDEVIL opened when half of the country was under snow and we still made $41 million.

iF: This is a labor of love for Nicolas Cage and all concerned right?

ARAD: Absolutely, he has wanted to play Johnny Blaze his whole life, and I’ve been involved with this movie for such a long time. We really wanted the effects, the effects you saw in the trailer to be perfect, with the effects you see in the trailer we still have a ways to go. Fire is tough.

iF: Are we going to see other Midnight Sons characters in GHOST RIDER?

ARAD: Well, you will see. [Chuckles]

iF: Does Blackheart appear as his thorn bush self?

ARAD: Well, you will see. I try not to take away the mystery. It’s like sex; once you know the mystery then the magic is gone.

iF: After GHOST RIDER and SPIDER-MAN 3 what do you have in works?

ARAD: We have FANTASTIC FOUR featuring the Silver Surfer.

iF: Are you going to be introducing Galactus as well?

ARAD: We’ll keep that a mystery for now.

iF: How close is THE PUNISHER 2?

ARAD: We are working on it, and I think we are close to a take that makes sense.