Falling In Love But Not Getting Horny, Not Wanting Or Having Sex

• 2 weeks later...

This is quite perplexing. Although I respect other people's preferences, especially those who are 'saving' themselves for marriage. I, at least, would definitely be glad to know my partner wants to have sex with me. If he doesn't -- I might point a gun at his head or strangle him in his sleep. laugh.gif

• Like (+1) 1

I would say that when two people truly love each other, sex comes almost naturally and instinctively. It may not be the only form of expression, it may not be the highest form of expression, but definitely, it is an important form of expression.

I must say, too, that in a love-relationship, there is a thin line separating love and lust. More often than not, it is pretty hard to distinguish when you feel in love or in lust as the two intertwine so very succinctly.

However, I do believe that, true love is found in the times when one partner just doesn't feel horny (for whatever reason), and the other partner being able to respect that.

My significant other used to feel bad whenever she doesn't feel well enough to allow me the privilege of sexually loving her. At times, she would even just allow me to do her, even if she doesn't feel it, or would not be enjoying it.

I definitely appreciate her on that. BUT, I'd always reply with a "thank you, but no thanks all the same." Why? Because, I could not imagine touching during those moments. And, I would often assure her that it's no big deal for me, and that, I don't loose any interest if there such times when she's not in the mood, or not feeling well, or has something in mind that does not allow her to feel horny.

Once, in fact, during a date, her visitor suddenly arrived. All of a sudden, her face fell because she felt bad for me. I might feel disappointed. (Her ex's would, she said.)

I assured her that I didn't feel anything close to that. We could still enjoy the date. (And we did!) In fact, I did date her two days after even while she had it. I just wanted to assure her sex is not everything, and that, I can appreciate and enjoy her even in the times she just wouldn't be disposed to it. (She told me that her ex's wouldn't be dating her during her red days. That's something not me.)

In any love-relationship, anything and everything done should be consensual, and both partners should be enjoying. To engage in something whereby only one is enjoying, and the other is not, goes against the grain. There is no exchange of anything, there is no relationship, there is no intercourse (even if you're doing it physically).

Edited by jgc813
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It happens. I am committed to someone but somehow I've lost the desire. I used to be a horny fairy, a very horny one at that. The problem used to be overactive hormones, which I have feared is running a flat line now. There were times I'd actually force him even if was tired because I was so damn hot. Then... gone. The thought of getting dry was a joke. So when the moment came when we needed lube, I stared into the thing as if it's a reminder of failure. :wacko: (the former problem was being so wet that there was hardly friction anymore.)

Maybe I got bored in bed. It's not stress since the more tired I was, the more orgasms I wanted. I am losing it and I could only hope it would go back.

It happens. I am committed to someone but somehow I've lost the desire. I used to be a horny fairy, a very horny one at that. The problem used to be overactive hormones, which I have feared is running a flat line now. There were times I'd actually force him even if was tired because I was so damn hot. Then... gone. The thought of getting dry was a joke. So when the moment came when we needed lube, I stared into the thing as if it's a reminder of failure. :wacko: (the former problem was being so wet that there was hardly friction anymore.)

Maybe I got bored in bed. It's not stress since the more tired I was, the more orgasms I wanted. I am losing it and I could only hope it would go back.

same here dear. im a very hottie gal. very active one. and i must admit i enjoy doing it. the only thing that's different is that i still get wet. but not totally turned on anymore.

i haven't reached the point wherein i needed to use some lubes, but i can really feel im not into the act

anymore. sometimes, i think about it, what to do to bring back the excitement, the passion,

the desire, but oh no. im thinking what if i thought of someone hot for me to be turned on..? :lol: :lol:

but i guess, im just bored. we need to work it out to bring it back. and hopefully, it would go back to its

normal intensity. :P

Edited by LuSciousNess

it could be because as time goes by we mature and our priorities change...