LA Lakers

I am laker fan too but not kobe's... but admit that his contribution to the team is legendary too... wishishing him all the best...

Hopefully, nick "swaggy p." Young will not take over as the top dog... parang panay tsamba lang to at panay dada... i hope they can get a real franchise player after kobe and re build the team around him...

I'm curious, with the upcoming all star game in February in Toronto. Will fans vote Kobe as one of the starters for the Western Conference. I would understand they would if they put him in as a sympathy vote. The same way they showed MJ when he played his final season for the Wizards when Vince Carter gave up his position for MJ to be the starter

I'm curious, with the upcoming all star game in February in Toronto. Will fans vote Kobe as one of the starters for the Western Conference. I would understand they would if they put him in as a sympathy vote. The same way they showed MJ when he played his final season for the Wizards when Vince Carter gave up his position for MJ to be the starter

I think Kobe will be a starter in the upcoming All Star game, he is a fan favorite. Last year he was voted as starter even if James Harden and Klay Thompson play better than him. Unfortunately he was injured that's why he didn't play.

"The Lakers fell in love with that star potential and passed on selecting Jahlil Okafor in favor of Russell. He will likely have a significant role in his rookie season while receiving tutelage from Kobe Bryant. The Lakers started Jordan Clarkson at point guard last season, but while the rookie impressed, Russell projects to be a huge upgrade over him. Playing next to Bryant will allow Russell to ease his way into the league without having to become a first option right away, while his shooting should be able to provide the team with a weapon they were sorely lacking last year.

Drew Garrison of Silver Screen and Roll, SB Nation's Lakers blog, says the choice of Russell over Okafor may signal that L.A. has a plan to add more talent in free agency.

Los Angeles was long rumored to prefer Okafor, but D'Angelo could shape the Lakers' offense with his incredible talents in an NBA that's relying on perimeter play now more than ever. Russell should be a great partner in the open court and pick-and-roll with Julius Randle, and the Lakers now have a duo of young guards to build forward with. This also could mean the Lakers' front office is confident in landing one of the top-tier free agent big men in free agency.

The Lakers didn't go the safe route with their pick, but Russell truly has a chance to be special. If he lives up to the lofty expectations that will be placed on him by the franchise and Mitch Kupchak manages to sign a quality big man in free agency, the Lakers could return to relevance sooner than expected and will have a bright post-Bryant future."

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/6/25/8630287/nba-draft-2015-results-dangelo-russell-los-angeles-lakers

- this is the reason the Lakers picked Russell over Okafor. It's a small man's game nowadays as you've seen how Golden State has been successful with it. Initially they liked Okafor but they wanted a perimeter player who they thought was an upgrade over Jordan Clarkson. Drafting players isn't exactly a science. You draft the player based on potential and what you have scouted on what you've seen them do before you draft them and how they performed on the combine.

If you look at Porzingis, no one not even the Knick fanbase knew how the player would turn out. When they drafted Porzingis, the Knick fans booed because they thought he was a bad choice. Fast forward to this season, he has been performing more than they expected of him.

You wish drafting a player would be perfect science everybody would be good at it. It could also mean that the coach is not utilizing the player's strengths as to how Byron Scott has been using him too.

Edited by hahnz