LA Lakers

This rumor might put some life into Laker nation

http://en.yibada.com/articles/86426/20151118/lakers-rumors-kevin-love-russell-westbrook-reunion-los-angeles-speculated.htm

according to an ESPN columnist. There are rumors abound that Kevin Love might be traded to the Lakers. Even if Love is signed an extension and is having a more active role in the offense. Cleveland fans aren't sold on him for the long haul. As they feel that Lebron fits better at the 4 since the Cavs match up better with teams who play small plus he can defend, something that Love is a liability at. Not to mention that since they paid top dollar for Tristan Thompson who they feel is also a better compliment to Lebron, Kevin Love is the odd man out. Being traded to the Lakers is not far fetched.

The Lakers will want to trade Julius Randle along with Hibbert's expiring contract will land them Love.

Another reason for Kevin Love wanting to play in LA is the possibility of landing Russell Westbrook when he becomes available for Free Agency. Some are saying if OKC fails to get to the finals, Durant will leave OKC since his contract is up after the season, with Westbrook following suit.

The reason why Westbrook and Love are being mentioned together is they both played for the UCLA Bruins and are pretty good friends. Having a reunion back home and playing for one of the storied teams of the NBA the Lakers will be a great one two punch and get the Lakers back in contention again

i think someone asked him a question if the Showtime Lakers could take on the Current Warriors. I don't think he was trying to start something, he was just answering an interviewer. For what its worth i think those Kareem and Magic Lakers could take on the Warriors. The Warriors have always had problems with teams with Superstar Big Men.

Regarding this current situation the Lakers have. I think Kobe needs to do the right thing. He knows that this current team won't make the playoffs and is on a "rebuilding" situation. He should not let his ego and pride get in the way and ask for a trade to a contending team who will be able to utilize him. This situation is hurting his legacy, if he doesn't want a trade he should just retire because not only is he playing bad but he's not winning either. Either he shuts it down and retire or ask for a trade, maybe in the Eastern Conference.

Edited by hahnz

I think its better for kobe to retire than ask for trade to a contending team , he might be accuse of being ungrateful

I don't think the Lakers will fault him for being ungrateful if he asks for a trade. In fact, the fans know just how much of a competitor he is and he was able to bring those championships to the city. At this point in his career, if he feels that whatever gas is left in his tank. He should be able to use it for a team and win 1 more championship before he retires. He is just kidding himself if and making himself look silly playing for a team that's not ready to take it to the next level yet.

But if he is already contented to his 5 championships then instead of embarrassing himself, he should just go and retire with his dignity intact. The one thing you don't like to see is a great player like that being wasted to nothing but a common player.

Just like what Magic did in 96 when he came out of retirement to play. That Magic was not the Magic that people were used to seeing in the Showtime era.

Edited by hahnz

Can't blame Kobe for deciding to retire. I'm sure he was pondering and pay close attention to how he was going to perform this season and how the team is doing. With how he is struggling with his shot and factoring in the performance of the team. He realized that the team won't make the playoffs. The team is just too young and not prepared and ready yet to compete.

But i won't be surprised if Kobe decides to return to basketball if not the in the NBA maybe in the Italian League. I won't be surprised too if after a year he decides to play one more year with another NBA team. I may have hated him because i always rooted for the opposing team the Lakers play against but later on this year. I have grown to respect him as a player and admire how he matured.