Career or Love

From an idealistic point of view it shouldn't be a choice. Ideally good relationship will give you the support you need to succeed in your career and good career will help you with confidence and finances which will improve relationships is your life.

From opportunistic point of view, since you are interested in women it might be smarter to go for career first since the success in career would most likely improve your overall chances with women, thus giving you better chance of finding a nice relationship. Of course, this doesn't take into account that more choices doesn't necessarily mean that you are more likely to make the right one. Nor does this take care of the fact that during the hardships that you are very likely to face while chasing a career you won't have someone to really lean on.

From a Buddhist point of view you should appreciate what you've got instead of only focusing on what you can get. We care about all possible outcomes and usually overestimate how bad will something affect us (there have been studies showing this) and somehow, even though the things usually end up much better than we have predicted them to be on average, on those rare occasions when they do end up bad (and that's usually not even the bad as we thought it would be) we still end up being disappointed.

One way or around, stressing much about the future rarely has positive impact on the current happiness.

But you can't go through life without trying to predict things? Yes, that's true, but we are usually overdoing it. The happiness always seems to be just around the river band, just as soon as we get to some other thing.

If you can appreciate present moment then it won't matter that much what's happening to you (obviously, I'm not saying to just sit there and no do anything and be homeless and expect to be happy, but you get the point).

And we all know which people are the happiest ones. :)

i used to think that i should focus on career first and once i have my own house and car then thats the time i can focus on my lovelife but when i met my wife i only had a decnet job with no savings and she also has a job so i chose to go for both career and love at the same time. we married and rented a decent apartment but we delayed the child bearing til later. she helped me get my sh@#t together and i really worked hard to keep my family happy and to live well. 20yrs later we are still togehter 3kids 5 cars 2 houses and a sizable bank account. kaya pagsabayin pero dapat tama yun girl na mapipili mo and dapat paghirapan talaga

• 2 weeks later...