Career or Love

This topic reminded me of my personal experience before where I really left the decision to the onc I was courting before...

The relationship didn't work out, so i chose my promotion then...

Kept me thinking still if it was the right decision, but from where i am now I'd say I picked the right choice... :D

Sometimes I believe that before going to a relationship one should be stable in life. I would always joke that bank accounts with at least a million pesos each, own house, own car/s, mid to exectutive level employment, and alternative sources of income, describe my parameters of a stability. It assumes that love will come along but the caveat is that I may also attract gold diggers or worse I might be eons older than my would be partner. It's like I feel I cannot be loved with my status quo, and that I have to strive for self improvement I other to be worth the love of another warm body. Until then, I can only daydream about it and let my imagination temporarily amuse me.

I know someone who was offered a really good opportunity to work in the US with a six figure salary, and so many great things. The catch is, of course he needs to work overseas. The girlfriend was not willing to pursue a long distance relationship then. His girlfriend even let him choose between her and that job. What a b!tch. Since the guy loves the girl so much, he decline that offer. After a year, they broke up.

I feel so sorry for the guy. Now he's just working his a$$ off somewhere in the metro.

So, lesson learned, choose career over love. Your career will not just give you a salary to feed yourself and buy the things that you need, but it will give you a whole lot of experiences; Experiences that you can use and take advantage of in the long run. And I agree with anyone here, that love will eventually come. In the right time, of course. :)

Edited by unknown23