South China/West Philippine Sea

I believe the Chinese perceive US President Barrack Obama as a weak president. Having said that, I'm not surprised that the Chinese are acting aggressively in the West Philippine Sea.

I wonder what the Chinese will do if somehow, Donald Trump becomes the next US President. This guy doesn't mince words. He says it like it is. I believe that a Trump presidency will put pressure on the Chinese to "behave."

Trump can be as arrogant as Putin. Putin may want to avoid confrontation with Trump. They're both "macho" and want people to perceive them as such. If the US decides to take on China, Putin may stay out of the conflict. He and Russia have little or nothing to gain by getting into the conflict between the US and China.

Edited by Bugatti Veyron
  • 4 weeks later...

Chinese govt is in disarray.

Lots of corruption allegations on the military and they are losing trust sa president nila.

Pati ang kanilang ekonomiya is on an immediate downfall.

Ang rebound ng gobyerno para magpabango sa tao ay ang patuloy na pag claim sa dispute territories.

Tayong mga ROTC graduates, we might get ready soon. (wag naman sana)

Let's export Noynoy to China so he can put a stop to corruption and introduce his daan matuwid there. That way China will no longer be a problem

• 1 month later...

Wala tayong karapatan sa spratlys ...It was sold by GMA wayback 2009

watch this guys

Did not watch the video but ito lang ang munting alam ko sa Saligang Batas natin, nobody can cede any of our territories. Kahit na anong contrata or kasunduan yan will not be recognised by our laws, ang mangyayari jan eh dagdag kaso lang dun sa Kapampangang unano...

• 2 months later...

I think it all boils down to how much Chinese people supports their governent if it calls for all out war. I think China is rich not because of China but because China opened its doors to globalization. If the declare all out war, how would it impact their economy. Plus, I think a lot of rich Chinese would want the PRC to fall to enter a more democratic China.

I think it all boils down to how much Chinese people supports their governent if it calls for all out war. I think China is rich not because of China but because China opened its doors to globalization. If the declare all out war, how would it impact their economy. Plus, I think a lot of rich Chinese would want the PRC to fall to enter a more democratic China.

Just think about this....

Because of China's one-child policy, if they ever go into an all-out war with any country, each Chinese soldier's family will be sending their only-child to war.

Once the parents start getting back from the war-front their sons (their one-and-only son!) in body bags, I doubt if they will continue to support the war.

Because of China's one-child policy, if they ever go into an all-out war with any country, each Chinese soldier's family will be sending their only-child to war.

Once the parents start getting back from the war-front their sons (their one-and-only son!) in body bags, I doubt if they will continue to support the war.

Well cguro its their culture that will decide. I mean me personnaly, if my nation calls, I will answer, but as a parent, of course if I have a say, I will not allow my child.

Sir... one child policy nang China is abolished na... pero cguro mga current soldiers nila under pa nyang one child policy...

from the news na narinig ko... they are sending an oil rig to the reclaimed areas... whether this escalates the situation malalaman natin in the future.... hindi rin basta basta pupunta sa gera ang China dahil alam nyang marami syang kaaway sa ngayon... India, Japan, Vietnam at Philippines... lahat territorial disputes.... at sa mga allies nang mga bansa na eto... lalo na kung babasehan sa international laws e tama naman tayo.... kaso ang problema kahit naman nasa tama tayo... wala namang implementing body...

at kung turns to worse talaga... as per our treaties with US... tutulong lang sila sa atin sa gera if merong major city na naapektuhan.... since yung mga pinagaawayang lupa ay wala naman sa major city.... pwede sila hindi tumulong sa atin... pwede din naman na bigyan nila nang economic sanctions ang China kaso marami nang mga economy ang dependent din sa kanila... tulad natin na... nagsusupply nang mga raw metals sa China... sila ang number one client natin dyan...

Nakakatakot talaga. I have read so many world war 2 books, and documentaries. Dati daw people did not believe that hitler will want to go to war. Nag host pa nga cya ng olympics. (Just like China) pro in the end hitler still went to war. Dati japan just wanted a piece of manchuria, they were sanctioned, so mag retreat sila, but Russia, sinakop ang manchuria but they were not sanctioned, kaya ang Japan, they invaded.. seeing that the europeans had malaysia, india, singapore and US had Philippines, mexico guam...

So if you will see we have a pattern here.

• 3 weeks later...

Kapag nakalapag na yung fighters jet ng china sa fiery cross reef, within 9 minutes kayang-kaya na nila marating ang Mainland ng Pinas. Ang Nakakatakot pa may pangsupport na sila kapag ipinadala na nila yung oilrig nila sa recto bank. And mas lalo tayo mahihirapan mag-oil exploration dun kasi anytime pwede na nila i-blocked using fighters jet.

Edited by Soraoi_empire

Kapag nakalapag na yung fighters jet ng china sa fiery cross reef, within 9 minutes kayang-kaya na nila marating ang Mainland ng Pinas. Ang Nakakatakot pa may pangsupport na sila kapag ipinadala na nila yung oilrig nila sa recto bank. And mas lalo tayo mahihirapan mag-oil exploration dun kasi anytime pwede na nila i-blocked using fighters jet.

How does a fighter jet stop a drill rig? By bombing it and start a war?

In Vietnam's case, they harassed China's oil rig using unarmed civilian fishing boats, blocking, ramming, crowding the rig and other Chinese support ships around it THOUSANDS OF TIMES. Persistent, but non-lethal manuevers. Until China was forced to retreat.

Had Vietnam used military force against the Chinese oil rig, China's stronger sea and air power could have easily dispatched them. Still it's Vietnam who won the stand-off.

Edited by camiar

That disputes island belongs to us. But China is a super power. So theres nothing we can do. Thats how simple it is

As JP Enrile said, there's no way we can match China's strength. But we can make sure it would be very painful and expensive for them to try to cross us.

JPE is advocating something similar to Sweden's defensive strategy. The strategy is not to defeat an invading force or win the war but to have the capability to inflict so much damage to the aggressor that they will think twice before invading.

In addition, think about this: if Vietnam can defeat a world superpower like the USA, and win the oil rig standoff against China in the Paracels, why would you think we Filipinos can't do anything vs. China? Nasa strategy lang yan.

Edited by camiar

As JP Enrile said, there's no way we can match China's strength. But we can make sure it would be very painful and expensive for them to try to cross us.

JPE is advocating something similar to Sweden's defensive strategy. The strategy is not to defeat an invading force or win the war but to have the capability to inflict so much damage to the aggressor that they will think twice before invading.

In addition, think about this: if Vietnam can defeat a world superpower like the USA, and win the oil rig standoff against China in the Paracels, why would you think we Filipinos can't do anything vs. China? Nasa strategy lang yan.

Juan Ponce Enrile is 200 yrs old.

Here is why: WMD

if this is chess, we already lose the war since our honorable senate ejected the US bases. Chinese are quick to position themselves strategically, and I doubt if portion of US forces can even help us with this issue. the only thing left for us is the UNCLOS.

You really think we should leave it to the US to fight for our sovereignty?

The US bases were still here when the Chinese started encroaching into our shoals and sand banks. They did not do anything.

Nagrally na ba sa tapat ng chinese embassy ang akbayan, bayan, lfs at kmu to protest yung breach in sovereignty tulad ng ginagawa nila pag me westerner allegedly incursion sa pinas?

I don't understand your logic. Does akbayan, et. al. have anything to do with this?

Did the Americans in Clark Air Base and Subic Naval Base do anything when the Chinese People's Liberation Army constructed their illegal structures in the Spratlys? No, they didn't do anything.

Don't expect them to. It's not their job. It's ours.

Don't expect foreigners to protect your sovereignty.