South China/West Philippine Sea

If I have my way, I'd purge our population of people who are f#&king romantics like you. We need pragmatic people. Enough of idealists and romantics!

And if I have my way, I would kiss, cuddle, and pull down your pants and have great passionate s3x with you. We'd be like Ennis and Jack in that mountain! How lovely!

That's what's wrong with the world today, no one loving each other enough. China just needs to feel our love...

^No they need cooperation. And a show of neutrality or non belligerency without showing agression. At the same time showing them we have enough punch.. Just in case they cross the line. We are capable of destroying their counter value targets. We can develop our own biological weapons. To show our strength. Thru neutrality or non belligerency

that's nice to hear. But aren't bio weapons illegal? And pardon my asking... But what capabilities are you speaking of? If they cross the line, there's nothing we can do... At all. Except cry.

First kid on the block to have a Mickey Mao-tian watch? laugh.gif

Yeah, I have that urge to rid the Philippines of intellectual pansies. Does that make me a commie? Hardly. Those "labels" are so 19th century. We don't need them now.

Idealists and romanticists make it too easy for smart pragmatic people to abuse the country. You can virtually use these stupid fools for anything. All you need to do is feed them with dreams and visions of "great Philippines" and they'd kiss your ass, and give you a pass.

• Downvote 1

of course we are at midts of a modernization. Our economy is growing we can buy arms. We can use that if they cross the line. After we negotiated our neutrality or non belligerency.. Use it defend our soveireignty. They have nukes. Expensive to develop. Bio weapons easy to develop and they are good in threatening counter value targets.

Spain and Sweden survived world war 2. Plus Switzerland because of neutrality and non belligerency... Plus other smaller nations. We could follow their foot step. Let them fight. Get the spoils later. Hahahaha.

First of all, I don't think they will use nukes on us. It's too messy and will definitely anger the other world super-powers. Not a good move on their part.

Secondly, we don't even have enough money to feed our own people, never mind developing some kind of weapon for mass destruction. And then there's that pesky detail that says biological weapons are illegal and merely threatening to use one would definitely make use lose more friends than scare off our enemies.

As for getting the spoils later. You're assuming we will get any spoils at all. It's not like we can ask them for royalties for it, right?

You're advocating giving in to China because you're thinking about well-being of the masses.

Now you're saying we forget the plight of the masses to develop illegal WMD, sacrificing the very same people you wanted to 'save' in the first place.

And if they destroy each other, do you honestly think there would still be something salvageable afterwards? We're talking about super-powers here. Take into account WW2 and how greatly we recovered from that...

But bio weapons?!? To threaten China if they overstep?!? Not only will that make China angry at us, but so will the whole world. We may have armed ourselves, but we invite further hostilities AND increase the risk of war from multiple sides.

Furthermore, bio weapons would require a delivery method that can easily be intercepted. Meanwhile, China (and the rest of the world) can just bomb us from the air (or from space).

Also, an extremely hungry, neglected people will ferment rebellion. So not only do we make the whole world angry, but we also invite civil strife. Your proposed solution is a catastrophe from all angles.

A lot of us are ROTC reservist, anyways. But if it comes to a fight, I honestly wouldn't want you behind me...

A trainer jet can be blown off the skies by international powers even before they reach international waters, leaving the payload raining on our own territory. Or they could disable our airfields even before those jets can leave the ground.

Besides, throwing a bio weapon in the South China Sea? Who do you think will feel the brunt of the aftermath? To the Chinese it's just a far off oil field. To us, it's our backyard. One wrong monsoon wind could blow those bio weapons back at us or a contaminated specimen find its way to Palawan. Then we'll be the laughing stock of the history of warfare.

And there's a marked difference from the Vietnam experience with openly breaking a treaty about bio weapons development. I'm puzzled why one cannot see the difference. That will just show to the world how untrustworthy we are. And here I thought you were saying we are friendly...

Carrying a gun inside your house is still different than carrying a nuke inside your home and announcing it to your neighbors. I'm assuming you'd want to announce such a thing because, as you said - it's supposed to be a deterrent. There are a lot of other options out there. Why bio weapons?

Even if it is supersonic, you are forgeting they have anti air capabilities. And if they ever find out of any bio weapons in our territory, you can bet that they'd do a pre emptive strike against us. Not only that, but doing so will also make them a hero in the world's eyes.

And just launching an attack in South China Sea? What would that do? Sure, in an alternate universe, we might hurt them there. But in the end, once they retaliate, we're done for. We'd be burying ourselves, not our enemies. And they'd just laugh at us all along the way.

hey i maybe an assh*le and sob in surrendering some parts of our so called share in panatag and spratly. But i will die for the remaining island. Im an army reserve ROTC. If war comes im gonna fight.

if youre willing to surrender panatag shoal, then chinese exclusive economic zone encompass the shores of zambales

defend the nation at all cost?

defend all the other islands?

the philippines as an archipelago will have a hard time defending itself. Also because of this it will also take a huge amount of time for us to be occupied by other nations. e.g. the british only conquered manila until the spaniards reclaimed it.

the americans colonized us because we were sold by the spaniards to them. the japanese didn't colonize the philippines, they only occupied luzon.

the philippines as a third world country doesn't have the funds to protect its boundaries especially that it is an archipelago

how to we defend ourselves then? diplomacy without kissing ass? hmmmm... a patriotic economist should make a good diplomat for this.

trade relations with our neighbors will be the key

how can you share if u cnt negotiate.. With at least a minimum credible detterent capability tel me.

Not with bio weapons, I can tell you that.

That's why we're trying to modernize our defense capabilities. For which you are against. So I'm really confused as to where you really stand.

But in order to modernize it, where should we get the weaponry?

The obvious answer is the US, but you said before that they're evil.

We surely can't buy from China as that would be like buying from a gunshop and killing the shopkeeper afterwards with his own gun... and I doubt they'll be stupid as to fall for that.

Russia? France? UK? Well... they were the enemies of the Nazis.

Nazis, maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

Nde naman kailangan ng tulong ng US para manalo laban sa china. Gamitin lang ng government natin ang kadayaan during election.

Send Spy that spark war to japan-china disputed border,wen war broke out send small troops to support japan,

Do the same system to vietnam, taiwan, korea,,and india.

Once na humina na ang chinese forces attack at will.

^anu gagamitin natin?

kung anu ang meron, dami ngang bolero at mandurugas na politican, kaya natin makabuo ng spy na makakaspark ng war between other country.

walang sisiga siga lalo na kung madami ang kaaway.

nga pala

"A revision in Japan's constitution that upgraded Japan's Self Defense Force to a fully operating military would allow Japan to take on a bigger military role in Asia."

balak pa nilang suplayan ng armas ang mga katabi ng main china like korea, philippines at vietnam

• 2 weeks later...

It's not just the oil, but the ecosystem and other maritime resources that's in danger there. I mean how can we compete with fishermen who employs superior fishing gear than our own?

And Chinese fishermen aren't respectful of environmental impact either, because it will be too far away from their mainland for them to be affected. I remember seeing a picture of a Butanding that had its fins cut off just to make shark's fin soup...