http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-10-28/spatting-tycoons-stunt-philippine-infrastructure-southeast-asia.html

Spatting Tycoons Stunt Philippine Infrastructure Growth

By Siegfrid Alegado and Cecilia Yap Oct 29, 2014 6:18 PM GMT+0800

While Philippine tycoons argue over a typing error in a highway bid and whose shopping mall benefits the most from a train station, commuters including Aneka Rodriguez are paying the price.

A 47-kilometer (29-mile) expressway connecting Manila to the southern provinces has been delayed by a San Miguel Corp. appeal to President Benigno Aquino after its bid was rejected on a technicality. Meanwhile, SM Prime Holdings Inc., the group of billionaire Henry Sy, and Ayala Land Inc. (ALI) are fighting over where to build a train station, both seeking to place it closer to their respective malls 600 meters from each other.

This is also the reason why there is still no North EDSA Station for LRT for so many years now. This is not because of the accident that happened but where is the station will be built. Near Trinoma or near SM North? From what I heard from inside the LRT, SM/BDO loaned LRT a hefty sum of amount (I think 200mil.) so they can dictate the location of the station. Like to also add why did they award it the expansion to LRT not MRT? MRT commuters has more benefit in the extension rather than LRT commuters and they don't need to build another station in North EDSA if its MRT.

Dear Noynoy......

Bawal ang epal sa visit ni Pope Francis, baka naman nasa Malacanang si Vice Ganda at Tita Boy Abunda na hatak-hatak ni Krissy!

Not to mention the tongressmen at senatongs plus their families and relatives!

:lol: Correct.. Keep out those opportunists/ kupaloids during the papal visit. Shame on those politicians na nagpapabanal. Suggest to play the song of Yano, Banal na Aso Santong Kabayo ,as a background music if they are present during Pope's visit to Malacanang. :ohmy:

Dear Noynoy......

Bawal ang epal sa visit ni Pope Francis, baka naman nasa Malacanang si Vice Ganda at Tita Boy Abunda na hatak-hatak ni Krissy!

Not to mention the tongressmen at senatongs plus their families and relatives!

:lol: Correct.. Keep out those opportunists/ kupaloids during the papal visit. Shame on those politicians na nagpapabanal. Suggest to play the song of Yano, Banal na Aso Santong Kabayo ,as a background music if they are present during Pope's visit to Malacanang. :ohmy:

Agree on the song. My boss is also invited in the papal visit and I'm thinking of the same song to her. Hahaha

Dear Noynoy,

Thank you for making the whole papal visit a holiday. Made everyone have the opportunity to see the Pope. :)

Next time, it would be nice if the Pope visited on a Monday. We'd have Saturday, Sunday, Monday (the day the pope arrives), Tueday Wednesday and Thursday. Friday would be sandwiched and then it would be the weekend again. That would really be an extended holiday.

Next time, it would be nice if the Pope visited on a Monday. We'd have Saturday, Sunday, Monday (the day the pope arrives), Tueday Wednesday and Thursday. Friday would be sandwiched and then it would be the weekend again. That would really be an extended holiday.

That would be nice but I'm sure that the church would always include a Sunday for the mass.

is it just me or pinagtatakpan ni pnoy ang dilg and pnp leadership? parang imposibleng hindi alam ni rozas at ng acting pnp chief ang nangyari sa operasyon ng saf...

naalala ko lang nung nag karoon ng disgrasya ang south korea at lumubog yung ferry at maraming nalunod na estudyante.... nag file ng resignation yung prime minister nila...

are you hearing this speech.

he made it about himself!

sheesh!

What??? It's typical Pnoy speech naman ah.

1) talk about his parents/ martial law

2) compare himself with gma

3) talk about the "progress" he made.

Use 1 or all of the above to create a speech.

• Like (+1) 2

What??? It's typical Pnoy speech naman ah.

1) talk about his parents/ martial law

2) compare himself with gma

3) talk about the "progress" he made.

Use 1 or all of the above to create a speech.

Maybe while he was giving his speech, he forgot he was addressing the loved ones of the 44 PNP-SAF policemen who were brutally murdered by the MILF and BIFF What's the difference anyway between the MILF, BIFF, Abu Sayaff, MNLF and other Muslim rebel groups operating in Mindanao? They're all the same to me. You've seen one, you've seen them all.

Maybe while he was giving his speech, he forgot he was addressing the loved ones of the 44 PNP-SAF policemen who were brutally murdered by the MILF and BIFF What's the difference anyway between the MILF, BIFF, Abu Sayaff, MNLF and other Muslim rebel groups operating in Mindanao? They're all the same to me. You've seen one, you've seen them all.

This just shows that if Mindanao becomes an autonomous region, those muslim groups would turn Mindanao into an independent state separated from the Philippine Republic. Mindanao will become a hiding place and training ground for terrorist groups.

Dear Noynoy

I just gotta hand it to you. You are indeed some commander in chief. You really know how to boost the morale of the uniformed men who risk their necks to defend your republic. You can't give them decent benefits, the least you can do is show them a little appreciation for the work and sacrifice they put in. Something an as$wipe like you perhaps will never appreciate because you never had to fight for anything in your since your last name is Aquino.

• Like (+1) 1

This just shows that if Mindanao becomes an autonomous region, those muslim groups would turn Mindanao into an independent state separated from the Philippine Republic. Mindanao will become a hiding place and training ground for terrorist groups.

But a least Americans can bomb and do some covert assault on the region if its already an independent state.