Apparently this is another angle that your pushing, but one the Kiram's themselves can verify and with pictures to boot is that Cory did arrange for the Sultanate and its heirs to meet with the government, settle out their differences, then allow the Kirams to pursue it on their own. Jamalul walked out. The others did not.

The issue about sacrifice... One things for sure, it is easy to talk tough about sacrifice when you and your loved ones are not the ones being sacrificed, and you have no way of proving to anyone beyond your own words that if you or your children, wife, friends, and family were the sacrificial lamb are you willing to take it? You can say yes, but thats all you can do. If I were you, I'd take it easy being an armchair patriot, because fate might just call your bluff. My dad who was previously in the navy in the late 60's made that analysis with soldiers they had to deliver to Basilan, those who talked tough and were pretty aggressive before the shooting began, were the ones who always went back traumatized and cowering in fear.

What makes you such an expert? I have been an amateur historian for the longest time, I am also frequently with professional historians both here and abroad who can educate me on the issue and clarify questions or misconceptions that I have. One of my colleagues in my hobbies is also one of the top political advisers for the opposition. One thing that historians will tell you is that you have two sides to a story and you wil never really know pretty much what is 100% true because, hey... you weren't there.

Bingo! Ah ha! So it is your dad, and not you, who joined the service. Your dad would then be the one who would know what I'm saying

Dear Noynoy,

Maybe I'm just blinded by the feeling of your incompetence. But I am not in favor of an extrajudicial change either. We've had this twice and look where it got us?

So let me try to understand.

1. So many things have happened during your watch but you were absent. But in campaign sorties nowadays, you always seem to be present. Are you campaign manager primarily and President secondary?

2. First, the Hongkong Chief Executive could not reach you because no one told you he was on the line. Next all three letters of the Kirams were lost. Has anyone been fired? Oh, and yes. The girl who said bad things after the Vietnam state visit. If we have to understand that she is still young and immature, why couldn't you that you made her an Assistant Secretary? This you would hate to hear. Know what Marcos did in the Jabidah case? He sacked the Army Chief. Odd though, because how could an Army Chief be accountable for something that was headed by an Air Force Colonel? Years later though the ex-Army Chief resurfaced to become I think the longest serving Chief of Staff. So that's how Marcos did it. How did you do it in your case?

Edited by sandy51

Addendum. Meeting with the Kirams to talk about international sensitive matters, padala si Mar Roxas. Gawin ang trabaho ng DOTC underling to inspect airports, sya mizmo. Kung sabagay - ang New Year's eve presscon was about firecrackers. Hindi na ata micro management ito. Mukhang itong level lang na ito ang capability.

Edited by sandy51

Addendum. Meeting with the Kirams to talk about international sensitive matters, padala si Mar Roxas. Gawin ang trabaho ng DOTC underling to inspect airports, sya mizmo. Kung sabagay - ang New Year's eve presscon was about firecrackers. Hindi na ata micro management ito. Mukhang itong level lang na ito ang capability.

Bwahaha...ang alam lang kasi ni Panot eh maghanap ng mali habang nagiikot. Huwag bibigyan ng problema kasi that is beyond an Autistic

capability to think. Paano makakapagisip eh, napuno na ng hangin ang utak dahil labas ang bumbunan.

Hopefully Panot will go for penitencia this holy week. Hanging would be more welcome & biblical for him to do.

I read in the newspaper that BS Aquino will issue an executive order to ban fishing of galunggong. The apparent reason was that a "study" showed that the annual galunggong harvest dropped by two or three percent in recent years. The ban would supposedly give the specie some breathing room to recover its population.

The galunggong fishing ban would cause the price of galunggong to skyrocket. High prices would tempt fishermen to harvest galunggong illegally. Does our Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) have enough resources to police and enforce the ban? I doubt it. The ban would instead give the maritime fishing authorities opportunity to take bribes from illegal galunggong fishermen.

Haven't they considered that even if Abnoy bans Filipino fishermen from harvesting galunggong, the Chinese poachers will continue harvesting them anyway? Does he have the BFAR and/or Coast Guard resources to enforce the ban in Palawan waters of the West Philippine Sea and keep the Chinese poachers and illegal fihermen out?

Another case of abnoy's hare-brained executive order in the making.

What he should do instead is to declare a no-fishing-zone at known galunggong spawning areas in the seas around Palawan and add patrol boats / aircrafts to police and regulate fishing activities there. This will take more time to study and implement but at least it will have a chance to work.

Edited by camiar

I read in the newspaper that BS Aquino will issue an executive order to ban fishing of galunggong. The apparent reason was that a "study" showed that the annual galunggong harvest dropped by two or three percent in recent years. The ban would supposedly give the specie some breathing room to recover its population.

The galunggong fishing ban would cause the price of galunggong to skyrocket. High prices would tempt fishermen to harvest galunggong illegally. Does our Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR) have enough resources to police and enforce the ban? I doubt it. The ban would instead give the maritime fishing authorities opportunity to take bribes from illegal galunggong fishermen.

Haven't they considered that even if Abnoy bans Filipino fishermen from harvesting galunggong, the Chinese poachers will continue harvesting them anyway? Does he have the BFAR and/or Coast Guard resources to enforce the ban in Palawan waters of the West Philippine Sea and keep the Chinese poachers and illegal fihermen out?

What he should do instead is to declare a no-fishing-zone at known galunggong spawning areas in the seas around Palawan and add patrol boats / aircrafts to police and regulate fishing activities there. This will take more time to study and implement but at least it will have a chance to work.

Your proposal has more merit than the one PNoy is suggesting. You have more common sense than the people who advised him to ban the fishing of galunggong.

President Benigno Aquino III on Friday disputed reports that branded his naming of 61 judges last week as “midnight appointments” similar to that of impeached Chief Justice Renato Corona’s by then President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, saying conditions surrounding the two moves were different.

First, Mr. Aquino said, Corona’s appointment violated the Constitution since he was appointed by Arroyo during the election period in 2010.

Secondly, he said, he signed the judges’ appointments on March 26, three days ahead of the start of the ban on presidential appointments stretching from March 29 to May 13.

“Now, on top of that, there is a letter from the chair of the Comelec (Commission on Elections), and it embodies Comelec Resolution No. 13-0331 dated March 5, 2013,” the President said.

He added, “It states, basically, that appointments to the judiciary as provided by Article 8, Section 4, Subsections 1 and 9, which is the judiciary portion of the Constitution, are not covered by the election ban in Section 261, subsection G of the Omnibus Election Code.”

Look how metally retarded this president can be. He accuses GMA of midnight appointment pero when he did it, hindi daw midnight appointment yung sa kanya dahil meron Comelec Resolution ehn yung mga commissioners na gumawa ng resolution are all his appointee.

Huwag mo kaming gawin tanga ABNOY, ikaw lang ang Tanga sa Malacanang!

President Benigno Aquino III on Friday disputed reports that branded his naming of 61 judges last week as "midnight appointments" similar to that of impeached Chief Justice Renato Corona's by then President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, saying conditions surrounding the two moves were different.

First, Mr. Aquino said, Corona's appointment violated the Constitution since he was appointed by Arroyo during the election period in 2010.

Secondly, he said, he signed the judges' appointments on March 26, three days ahead of the start of the ban on presidential appointments stretching from March 29 to May 13.

"Now, on top of that, there is a letter from the chair of the Comelec (Commission on Elections), and it embodies Comelec Resolution No. 13-0331 dated March 5, 2013," the President said.

He added, "It states, basically, that appointments to the judiciary as provided by Article 8, Section 4, Subsections 1 and 9, which is the judiciary portion of the Constitution, are not covered by the election ban in Section 261, subsection G of the Omnibus Election Code."

Look how metally retarded this president can be. He accuses GMA of midnight appointment pero when he did it, hindi daw midnight appointment yung sa kanya dahil meron Comelec Resolution ehn yung mga commissioners na gumawa ng resolution are all his appointee.

Huwag mo kaming gawin tanga ABNOY, ikaw lang ang Tanga sa Malacanang!

And if I may add, he probably didn't know that Corona was part of the Judiciary - if PNoy is talking about provisions in the Constitution regarding appointments to the Judiciary. And he probably doesn't know that the Corona appointment was confirmed by the Supreme Court and that the Supreme Court rulling is superior to that of the Comelec's. Oh my! Where was he and his backers when brains were handed out?

And if I may add, he probably didn't know that Corona was part of the Judiciary - if PNoy is talking about provisions in the Constitution regarding appointments to the Judiciary. And he probably doesn't know that the Corona appointment was confirmed by the Supreme Court and that the Supreme Court rulling is superior to that of the Comelec's. Oh my! Where was he and his backers when brains were handed out?

Their always busy playing PSP & PS3 with Joshua.

• 2 weeks later...

Their always busy playing PSP & PS3 with Joshua.

Ang p#ta Abnoy, ang mga bata mo puro iyak lang ang alam walang solution.

Si tangang Ruffy Biazon, bakit ngayon lang cya gumagawa ng mga recommendation,

dahil ngayon lang ba cya tinitira at lubas din ang katangahan nya? Ngayon sasabihin

nya i-abolish ang customs, bakit ngayon lang ba cya pinanganak at ngayon nya lang

na laman talamak ang corruption dun. Bakit nung nasa congress cya, hindi cya gumawa

ng mga batas na anti-corruption? Dakilang tanga yata itong bata mo, baka hindi nya alam

hindi lang sa customs ang talamak ang corruption, ang buong sangay ng gobierno, nagkalat

ang corruption, kasama na kayong dalawa dun kaya huwag kayong magtanga-tangahan.

Si Brillantes, magresign na lang, meron pa cyang consultation sa iyo,para ano pa? Kung

hindi kaya bitaw na, nahawa na kay Kris, paawa effect. Ah yung consultation nyo eh, ipapanalo

nya lahat ng bata mo tapos lipat mo na cya sa request nyang ambassador sa europe. putsa sosyal

ang request ni tatang ah, sa europe pa, pwede naman cya sa africa.

Ang p#ta Abnoy, ang mga bata mo puro iyak lang ang alam walang solution.

Si tangang Ruffy Biazon, bakit ngayon lang cya gumagawa ng mga recommendation,

dahil ngayon lang ba cya tinitira at lubas din ang katangahan nya? Ngayon sasabihin

nya i-abolish ang customs, bakit ngayon lang ba cya pinanganak at ngayon nya lang

na laman talamak ang corruption dun. Bakit nung nasa congress cya, hindi cya gumawa

ng mga batas na anti-corruption? Dakilang tanga yata itong bata mo, baka hindi nya alam

hindi lang sa customs ang talamak ang corruption, ang buong sangay ng gobierno, nagkalat

ang corruption, kasama na kayong dalawa dun kaya huwag kayong magtanga-tangahan.

Si Brillantes, magresign na lang, meron pa cyang consultation sa iyo,para ano pa? Kung

hindi kaya bitaw na, nahawa na kay Kris, paawa effect. Ah yung consultation nyo eh, ipapanalo

nya lahat ng bata mo tapos lipat mo na cya sa request nyang ambassador sa europe. putsa sosyal

ang request ni tatang ah, sa europe pa, pwede naman cya sa africa.

Is it possible na he just can't walk the talk? Is it possible that he is just a grade school student na naghahamon nang away hoping na may magsasaway? Or is it possible that duwag din pala siya? If so, what do we expect to happen to all those brave words regarding the coming election?

Dear Noynoy,

Is my logic 101 correct?

Kung walang corrupt, walang mahirap.

The statistics of your people show that the number of poor has not changed since 2006

Therefore, corruption has not changed since 2006

In short, your administration is just as corrupt as the one you keep castigating.

Tama?

Ito pa. Since you are a driver, you would probably understand this simple logic.

The rear view mirror is a lot smaller than the windshield

Therefore, more concentration should be placed on the windshield rather than the rear view mirror.

Otherwise, the rear view mirror would have been made bigger than the windshield

Or, the driver's seat would have been designed facing back

3 years kana and you still keep talking about the past administration

Is that really as far as what your brain can do?

Dear Noynoy,

Is my logic 101 correct?

The statistics of your people show that the number of poor has not changed since 2006

In short, your administration is just as corrupt as the one you keep castigating.

Tama?

Ito pa. Since you are a driver, you would probably understand this simple logic.

Therefore, more concentration should be placed on the windshield rather than the rear view mirror.

Agree.

Dear Noynoy,

Is my logic 101 correct?

Tama?

Anong kinalaman ang corruption sa magiging mahirap? Sabihin natin totoo yung kasabihan na yan. Sa nakikita ko napakadaming mahihirap. So by plain logic, napaka lawak din ng corruption sa gobyerno ni Abnoy.

Abnoy has a fascination with rear view mirrors. If he keeps looking at the rear view mirror instead of concentrating on what's coming up ahead, he's bound to get into a major crash.

Anong kinalaman ang corruption sa magiging mahirap? Sabihin natin totoo yung kasabihan na yan. Sa nakikita ko napakadaming mahihirap. So by plain logic, napaka lawak din ng corruption sa gobyerno ni Abnoy.

Abnoy has a fascination with rear view mirrors. If he keeps looking at the rear view mirror instead of concentrating on what's coming up ahead, he's bound to get into a major crash.

Exactly what I mean

This "tuwid na daan" stuff is nothing but a lot of hogwash. Because he wants to portray the straight and narrow, what's happened is the corrupt bureaucracy has ironically become even more corrupt because now corrupt government employees need to contend with the greater risks of getting caught. So aside from being more careful not to get caught, they're also asking for more because of the greater risks involved.

One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that the greater the risks a person takes, the greater the amount he will demand to make the risk taking worth his while.

This "tuwid na daan" stuff is nothing but a lot of hogwash. Because he wants to portray the straight and narrow, what's happened is the corrupt bureaucracy has ironically become even more corrupt because now corrupt government employees need to contend with the greater risks of getting caught. So aside from being more careful not to get caught, they're also asking for more because of the greater risks involved.

One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to realize that the greater the risks a person takes, the greater the amount he will demand to make the risk taking worth his while.

Corruption thrives when the people continue to pay somebody(or put him into position) to do a corrupt act.

Going after the crooks will not stop corruption because the people themselves continue to sustain the corrupt practice. For every corrupt crook you eliminate, there's a new one willing to take his place. In our society, there is a market demand for corruption -- somebody will always come up to supply that demand.

To stop corruption, go after the source of the problem. The people themselves. Education and behavioral change campaign. Persistent, long term campaign. Radio, TV, print, and in children's education in schools.

Require companies and corporations to register themselves with organizations like Trace International ( http://traceinternational.org/ )to create awareness in stopping corruption and bribery in business, etc....

Give as much penalty to the person giving bribe as to the one accepting it.

It will take at least 20 years of persistent behavioral change campaign to stop corruption.

Its been three years now and BS Aquino hasn't made a dent in the level of corruption in the government. I didn't expect him to make any progress, anyway. It's because he is not really taking the solution to its roots - the people and society itself.

Niloloko lang kayo ni BS Aquino sa daang matuwid nya. It's only a political gimmick to hoodwink the gullible Pinoys into voting these assh0les to power.

Edited by camiar

Corruption thrives when the people continue to pay somebody(or put him into position) to do a corrupt act.

Going after the crooks will not stop corruption because the people themselves continue to sustain the corrupt practice. For every corrupt crook you eliminate, there's a new one willing to take his place. In our society, there is a market demand for corruption -- somebody will always come up to supply that demand.

To stop corruption, go after the source of the problem.

I once read an analogy here in one of the MTC threads that goes something like this: k*ll 10 flies now and they're replaced by 100 new flies in 10 minutes. The source of flies is filth. Clean up the filth, get rid of the flies.

We need to apply the same principle to stop corruption.

Edited by oscartamaguchiblackface

I would take it that the crooks represent the flies. What represents the filth?

The filth is the people's tendency to go along with corruption. Their tendency to tolerate them. Their tendency to corrupt the system if it is inconvenient to them.

The source of corruption is the frame of mind of the people in general. That's the filth.

It will take a whole generation of re-education, behavioral change campaign, and persevering law enforcement vs. corruption before we can make any headway of reducing it.

Noynoy's daang matuwid is nothing but showbiz slogan. It doesn't address the source of the problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Noynoy,

P*tang ina mo panot ka, binawasan mo bonus ng mga nurses, at sa pamahalaan mo nagiging private ang mga public hospital. Tuwid na daan kamo? PWE!! Pasalamat ka at panay bobo lang ang mga pilipino kaya ka nakaupo ngayon

pinaniwalaan na marunong ka kahit hindi naman. Ang tanging alam mo lang naman ay manigarilyo at makipaglaro ng psp sa abnoy na pamangkin mo. Nananawagan ako na bumaba ka na dyan sa pwesto mo. P*tang ina mo ulit.

ABNOY,

p#tang %na ka talaga, dahil sa katamaran mo nanganganib na naman ang mga kababayan natin sa taiwan.

Napaka liit na problem, napalala mo pa. Kung hindi ka napakatamad gugong ka, na ayos na agad sana ng

maaga. Nagpa last minute ka pa letse ka dahil sa katamaran mo, lumala lang tuloy. pati ang mga Hong Kong

peolpe ay nagalit na rin. Dapat sa iyo ibabalik sa pinagalingan ng ankan mo sa China. Punyeta ka!!!!

ABNOY,

p#tang %na ka talaga, dahil sa katamaran mo nanganganib na naman ang mga kababayan natin sa taiwan.

Napaka liit na problem, napalala mo pa. Kung hindi ka napakatamad gugong ka, na ayos na agad sana ng

maaga. Nagpa last minute ka pa letse ka dahil sa katamaran mo, lumala lang tuloy. pati ang mga Hong Kong

peolpe ay nagalit na rin. Dapat sa iyo ibabalik sa pinagalingan ng ankan mo sa China. Punyeta ka!!!!

Agree

• 2 weeks later...

Actually they did this in Zamboanga in 2011. It was met by resistance but turned out to be a good idea. There was a 6% increase in yield in metric tons and sizes of the galunggong were bigger thus more meaty.

I've been to Palawan several times. According to the locals, Most Chinese fishermen in the area are harvesting exotic sea creatures and not Round Scad (Galunggong).

Actually they did this in Zamboanga in 2011. It was met by resistance but turned out to be a good idea. There was a 6% increase in yield in metric tons and sizes of the galunggong were bigger thus more meaty.

I've been to Palawan several times. According to the locals, Most Chinese fishermen in the area are harvesting exotic sea creatures and not Round Scad (Galunggong).

I doubt it. The article I read says there was no conclusive evidence of the beneficial effect of galunggong ban. BFAR does not and cannot accurately monitor the tonnage of each fish specie the fishermen catch each year. Do they monitor the catch of Chinese and Taiwanese poachers, too? All they can do is estimate. The government claims 6% increase after the fishing ban? Against whose data did they compare? Since the best they can do is to make an estimate, they can make up any data that would be self serving.

The Chinese poachers only harvest exotics and stay away from galunggong? Highly doubtful too. Coming all the way to the Philippine waters from China is a big investment on fuel, equipment, and labor. They harvest whatever they can to recover their expenses. The exotics just add more to their profit.