What's your point?

Ambabaw naman ng pagkakaintindi mo.

You obviously couldn't distinguish the difference between "raillery" and actual "judgment" or name-calling.

And btw, I'm not saying that I'm not guilty of the same thing, I probably catch myself once in awhile, but there's a conscious effort on my part set things right.

Di naman ako SELF-RIGHTEOUS tulad ng iba dyan.

edi sinasalungat mo rin ung sinasabi mo! un ung difference! :lol:

• Downvote 2

Dear Mr. President,

I do hope you would at least make the criminals scared of you, impose harsh penalties or implement some steps in making the city more peaceful!!

:ninja:

If you hope to win in a lotto, you got higher chances in attaining it than hoping from this idiot.

how in the hell he can impose harsh penalties when he has intention of having bading into his cabinet?

putang inang presidente ito meron tayo, retarded talaga.

• Like (+1) 1

we have a commander in chief,

who can't even command respect...

God bless the Philippines...

respect ? perhaps, not from you...you, who subscribe to calling a comelec operative to win elections, thus breaking the law, i doubt if Pnoy would welcome respect...

i'm quite sure one of the reasons why heidi mendoza did what she did was out of respect to the new administration's campaign to mitigate corruption in all levels of the bureaucracy...now,that's courage and respect for every filipino, you and me included, to emulate...

please note that for those 15 million plus voters who elected Pnoy to be their leader, perhaps, a level of respect is assumed...for how can we vote for someone to the highest office of the land without a tinge of respect...?

but, maybe, for those who were for Gloria Arroyo to extend her 9 year occupation of Malacanang, unelected by the filipinos, NO respect for Pnoy should be expected....for those who, with their preferred presidential candidate, lost the elections, you have to admit somewhere down the road that your candidate lost...why not join the filipino nation in moving towards progress?...DO NOT be sore losers, please?

criticize Pnoy, yes, but do NOT do a trillanes (criticism without respect)...and write that Pnoy is a "commander in chief who can't command respect"...because for the past 7 months, he had...NOT from you, but from the majority of our kababayans...

God Bless You...

God bless all of us, firstly, i do not and did not assert or say or hint that GMA ever cheated in calling garci, I still think she was merely asking, not ordering, ordering him was not in the tone of her voice, if she had a lead that could not be questioned, a mandate

God bless you and your opinion, you who were so vocal against her all throughout her administration, yet do not acknowledge that she had real work real progress and her country in mind when she was in office,

You who support idiots like Noynoy, who, as I've said before, commands no respect, earns non, and perhaps never will, he shall be discovered in no time, by the 15M idiots who voted for him, yes, I call them idiots, because they believe this guy is some kind of messiah who will deliver us from evil, trust me, he will not, he is no better suited to be a senator, a congressman, a governor nor a mayor, a barangay captain is too much responsibility for Noynoy aquino..

This numbskull's only qualification or role in life is to be the spoiled, snot-nosed little rich kid of two oligarchs, who really had no role themselves than to be noisy, anti marcos -- cory's administration was a failure at worse, a disappointment at best,

Ninoy, who the f#&k knows, this ass-hole if he lived might have sold the country down the river,

Noynoy, mas inatupag nya ang pag bili ng laruan na pam bata, o nag bibinata, ngayon pa sya mag aala playboy, ang husay husay na ng girlfriend nya dati, bagay sa kanya, kaso, may tsimis na may anak daw kay ping, di ko alam kung pano un, eh sa pagka alam ko kay ping bading un,

in7 months, what has been accomplished,

and to those who support trillanes? My God, let us not forget, walking with a bunch of bandits into glorietta, with BOMBS AND MACHINE GUNS, because you hate Angie Reyes???

Jeez, why not walk into Angie Reyes house and just blow yourself up with him? bat ka ba nandamay?

and don't worry about me being a sore loser, the whole country, both you and me, will be the sore losers, with this guy carrying on,

as an intelligent man, you believe him when he says he will fight corruption? Yet, the patronage politics, the extravaggant spending, the lack of any progress or hint of leadership that is glaring in your face, you cannot acknowledge? you need to defend?

Emulate Heidi Mendoza? let me explain something to you -- all of you who cried with her and rabusa --

anyone who knows about the COA, where she worked, is that it is one of the most corrupt and respected agencies in the country, in almost all government bids and contracts, the typical percentage of corruption going to COA cannot, absolutely cannot be negotiated, that's how corrupt this country is,

I don't defend it, i'm just stating it,

so -- for heidi mendoza to be crying like a little honest bitch -- that she found this money missing, and that money missing, and she had to quit adb so she could testify, tapos bilib naman kayong lahat, sabay sabay tayong umiyak para sa bansa natin, gawin natin si heidi na mataas na opisyal, noynoy...

people in the know, people who are insiders -- are thinking, hello, an tagal tagal mo sa COA, ngayon ka lang mag iingay?? and dami mo nang kinita sa COA, un ang pag iingayan mo? EVERY TRANSACTION AT COA IS CORRUPT -- this is what she uncovered? how convenient naman heide, timing na timing,

she is corrupt, that is what i sense, anyone who worked at coa is corrupt, and now she is angling for an even higher position...

Edited by ElRey

God bless all of us, firstly, i do not and did not assert or say or hint that GMA ever cheated in calling garci, I still think she was merely asking, not ordering, ordering him was not in the tone of her voice, if she had a lead that could not be questioned, a mandate

God bless you and your opinion, you who were so vocal against her all throughout her administration, yet do not acknowledge that she had real work real progress and her country in mind when she was in office,

You who support idiots like Noynoy, who, as I've said before, commands no respect, earns non, and perhaps never will, he shall be discovered in no time, by the 15M idiots who voted for him, yes, I call them idiots, because they believe this guy is some kind of messiah who will deliver us from evil, trust me, he will not, he is no better suited to be a senator, a congressman, a governor nor a mayor, a barangay captain is too much responsibility for Noynoy aquino..

This numbskull's only qualification or role in life is to be the spoiled, snot-nosed little rich kid of two oligarchs, who really had no role themselves than to be noisy, anti marcos -- cory's administration was a failure at worse, a disappointment at best,

Ninoy, who the f#&k knows, this ass-hole if he lived might have sold the country down the river,

Noynoy, mas inatupag nya ang pag bili ng laruan na pam bata, o nag bibinata, ngayon pa sya mag aala playboy, ang husay husay na ng girlfriend nya dati, bagay sa kanya, kaso, may tsimis na may anak daw kay ping, di ko alam kung pano un, eh sa pagka alam ko kay ping bading un,

in7 months, what has been accomplished,

and to those who support trillanes? My God, let us not forget, walking with a bunch of bandits into glorietta, with BOMBS AND MACHINE GUNS, because you hate Angie Reyes???

Jeez, why not walk into Angie Reyes house and just blow yourself up with him? bat ka ba nandamay?

and don't worry about me being a sore loser, the whole country, both you and me, will be the sore losers, with this guy carrying on,

as an intelligent man, you believe him when he says he will fight corruption? Yet, the patronage politics, the extravaggant spending, the lack of any progress or hint of leadership that is glaring in your face, you cannot acknowledge? you need to defend?

Emulate Heidi Mendoza? let me explain something to you -- all of you who cried with her and rabusa --

anyone who knows about the COA, where she worked, is that it is one of the most corrupt and respected agencies in the country, in almost all government bids and contracts, the typical percentage of corruption going to COA cannot, absolutely cannot be negotiated, that's how corrupt this country is,

I don't defend it, i'm just stating it,

so -- for heidi mendoza to be crying like a little honest bitch -- that she found this money missing, and that money missing, and she had to quit adb so she could testify, tapos bilib naman kayong lahat, sabay sabay tayong umiyak para sa bansa natin, gawin natin si heidi na mataas na opisyal, noynoy...

people in the know, people who are insiders -- are thinking, hello, an tagal tagal mo sa COA, ngayon ka lang mag iingay?? and dami mo nang kinita sa COA, un ang pag iingayan mo? EVERY TRANSACTION AT COA IS CORRUPT -- this is what she uncovered? how convenient naman heide, timing na timing,

she is corrupt, that is what i sense, anyone who worked at coa is corrupt, and now she is angling for an even higher position...

so bro, sino gusto mo ipalit kay NoyNoy if he resigned as President??

Dear abNoy,

Malapit ka na mag isang taon sa pwesto, ANO NA KAYA NAGAWA MO simula ng ikaw ay maupo? Kamusta na mga IPINANGAKO mo nuong kampanya? May natupad na ba? Kasi sa bilang ko mas marami ka pang KAPALPAKAN na nagawa simula ng ikaw ay maupo kesa sa mga accomplishments mo, sa katunayan yung NAG IISANG programa mo kuno, ninakaw mo pa kay GMA, yung sa DSWD diba?

Maliban dun, mukhang wala pa, puro showbiz nga lumalabas na balita tungkol sayo, yun bang sa lovelife mo, eh HINDI KA NAMAN ARTISTA! Sarap mong murahin mongoloid ka! pero sige, aantayin ko munang mag isang taon ka dyan sa pwesto (07/01/11) at tsaka na kita mumurahin sampu ng mga BOBONG bumoto sayo dito sa MTC.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear Noynoy, alam mo ba ma ang LTO Chief Viriginia Torres mo ay isang tangengot tanga engot ....

Maliban dun, mukhang wala pa, puro showbiz nga lumalabas na balita tungkol sayo, yun bang sa lovelife mo, eh HINDI KA NAMAN ARTISTA! Sarap mong murahin mongoloid ka! pero sige, aantayin ko munang mag isang taon ka dyan sa pwesto (07/01/11) at tsaka na kita mumurahin sampu ng mga BOBONG bumoto sayo dito sa MTC.

25 years on, Philippines offers lessons for Egypt

By Maria Ressa, Special to CNN

When you live under a dictator, you follow the rules. Why? Because you're afraid -- for your job, your family, your life. Your neighbors are afraid. It creates a culture of fear and silence.

The system only changes when people find the courage to band together and challenge authority. When enough do that, they break the wall of fear. Tunisia and Egypt are the latest countries to do just that, the people winning their freedom and fanning a contagion effect across the Middle East and North Africa.

This isn't the first time it's happened, and as history has shown, deposing a dictator may be the easiest part of building a nation. No country knows this better than the birthplace of people power, the Philippines, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this week.

The 1986 people power revolt sparked pro-democracy movements across the world: Thailand, South Korea, Taiwan, Romania, Mongolia, Indonesia and many more.

1986 in the Philippines had many similarities to Egypt: Ferdinand Marcos, a U.S.-backed dictator in power for 21 years, was pushed out by more than two million people facing tanks and troops. The call to come to the streets and peacefully protest was also spread by the technology of the time -- not Facebook and Twitter -- but radio.

Euphoria infused the entire society: it was a moment of redemption. Spontaneously created, people power in the Philippines was triggered by a failed military coup; the calls of the powerful Catholic Church to help the soldiers; the journalists who risked their lives to get the message out; alternative political figures who rallied around a widow, Corazon Aquino; and the people who answered the call and came to the streets. In those moments of uncertainty, Filipinos took a stand and risked all they had.

Globally, the social movement that creates people power is driven by activists who call for passionate volunteers. They are more motivated than those who join political parties and government bureaucracies because this is an outpouring of emotion with only one general goal: depose the dictator. They are good fighting evil.

In Egypt, the protesters changed the fight against Hosni Mubarak. In the past, it was led by a political party, the Muslim Brotherhood, with clear leadership, hierarchy, structure and ideology (making it easier for government to track and control). Then the organizational framework changed when it became a social movement, largely leaderless, with no clear goals beyond demanding the end of Mubarak's regime.

Protesters broke the wall of fear and reached a tipping point quicker, amplifying their new-found courage through social media. That shift surprised the Egyptian government, creating uncertainty, volatility and the breakaway of the military which ended Mubarak's rule. Turning a social movement into a political system that delivers on the exuberance of people power is not easy. Only two nations have done it in the past 25 years: Indonesia and South Korea.

They did it by combining the revolutionary zeal of the social movement with working institutions and the experience of government bureaucracy. They did not abolish everything overnight. South Korea, where people overthrew a U.S.-backed military dictatorship, introduced reforms at a calibrated pace to create a stable democracy.

In 1998, Indonesia, which has the world's largest Muslim population, had much in common with Egypt today: a Muslim majority with a large Christian minority; strongman ruler in power for at least 30 years; a powerful military intertwined with government; an Islamist underground that was seen as a threat and also the best excuse for authoritarian rule.

Once the government was toppled, Indonesia combined reforms with a balance of its institutional past -- strengthening its political parties and systems, painstakingly building its democracy.

Thirteen years later, Indonesia is the democratic model in Southeast Asia, turning its political successes into tangible benefits for its 237 million people. Its $695 billion economy, Southeast Asia's largest, continues to grow. It is politically stable, has controlled its Islamist threat, and has a vibrant civil society. Last week, senior U.S. officials said Indonesia is "widely seen as the best example" of where Egypt could go.

Contrast that with Thailand's 1992 revolution against a military regime. It changed the government but failed to nurture its newfound democracy. Elections since then have been rituals, full of sound and fury signifying nothing. Now as it prepares for elections later this year, it faces an insurgency in the south, a border dispute with Cambodia and two different groups (red shirts and yellow shirts) staging regular protests. Their dissenters are addicted to the streets -- much like the Philippines.

People power in the Philippines became a political tool, brandished by its people and its symbol, Corazon Aquino. She led mass protests against her three successors: fighting charter change under President Fidel Ramos; successfully deposing President Joseph Estrada in a second people power uprising which bastardized its meaning because he was a democratically elected leader; helping install President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo, then later calling for protests against her.

Mrs Aquino's attempts to rekindle people power and repeat her extra-constitutional triumph challenged her primary legacy -- democracy -- and further weakened the fledgling institutions she left behind.

What's clear is that American-style democracy has largely failed in the Philippines. More form than substance, it has given little back to the people who risked their lives in the streets 25 years ago. Figures from the Asian Development Bank show the Philippines is the only Southeast Asian nation to record an increase in the absolute number of poor people since 1990 (although no figures are available for Myanmar).

On World Governance indicators -- Voice and Accountability, Political Stability, Government Effectiveness, Regulatory Quality, Rule of Law and Control of Corruption -- the Philippines actually slid backwards between 1998 and 2009. A survey done in 2006 showed that only 36% of Filipinos believed Ferdinand Marcos should have been removed by people power.

His son, Ferdinand "Bongbong" Marcos, Jr. is now a senator and tweeted this after Hosni Mubarak stepped down: "25 years from now in 2036 -- a pretty long time -- I hope Egypt does not look back and lament that things have since gone for the worse."

Ironically, Aquino's son, Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino, III, now has the challenge of fulfilling the promise of people power (which brought his mother into power). Elected by the largest margin since 1986, he was a reluctant candidate with a hodge-podge political machinery that has yet to translate to effective governance. (One of the main problems of the Philippines remains its underdeveloped political parties, depriving politicians of the chance to practice running institutions before they actually get into power).

Still, no one doubts his good intentions. So in its birthplace, where is people power 25 years later? The daily and exhausting drama of real-life political theater and the repeated attempts to replay the now tired script of people power -- all this have only succeeded in trivializing its meaning.

By the third time, people power became a parody of itself. It prevented the painful but necessary growth of all sectors of a society that needed to learn accountability for its choices during elections and a government bureaucracy that needed to institute systems of transparency so it could be held accountable.

People power should never have become part of the regular political arsenal; it was a once-in-a-lifetime act that should have been followed by the hard work of building democratic institutions. That never happened. That is the work that, 25 years later, desperately needs to be done in the Philippines -- and the lesson Egypt should take to heart.

Dear abNoy,

In light of the 25th EDSA revolt anniversary, I'd like to congratulate you for being a FAILURE, just like your mom CORY AQUINO, I'm sure she's proud of you for following her footsteps. It was her EDSA revolt and her WEAK LEADERSHIP coupled with her "kamag-anak inc." that has made them rich and on the other hand made the Philippines what it is today; A country in shambles. May your family and your cronies ROT IN HELL!

Edited by Sl@MDuNk_Mitsui14

Hoy, Noy!!

While British SAS and German Commandos go into covert operations in Libya, landing Hercules transport planes deep in the Libyan deserts in the middle of the night to rescue and evacuate trapped oilfield workers, you are busy partying with your yellow supporters, celebrating the meaningless EDSA1 People Power - while families of OFWs in Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, and those affected by earthquake in New Zealand e anxiously waiting for government action.

As usual, you are nowhere near the action. Only the lower ranked assistant secretaries and government bureaucrats are the ones facing the citizens.

Can't you for once show leadership and be at the forefront? Is there anything at all that you can do right?

President Abnoy,

Please, please please try to at least FREEZE the DIESEL AND GASOLINE prices.....

almost P42 na ang diesel tapos magtataas na naman?? huhuhuhuhuh

wala ng napapala ng P200 ko pang karga ng diesel....

pota, umaksyon ka naman.....

:)

in fairness to GMA, at least baba - taas, baba - taas ang diesel / gasoline prices in her time..

the fact is whether or not you feel the time of gma is like what and now is like what?

realize that the philippines doesnt have a long term goal or a plan to counter whatever it will face in the coming years or months. actually i think they know but they just dont act

it has always been come what may then adjust then act and see how it goes. the problem is in everyone of us, those who are seated doesnt really make it much of a habit to act so fast for its people, those who are seated are acting on their own agenda or when they feel about something.

to us citizens we never really made it to make those who are seated accountable to their actions, if they just play golf , stay at home, go on trips we dont know when. so what, wala hindi kinakabhan ang mga nakaupo na tao na dapat kinakabhan sila kung hindi naplano ang dapat nilang gawin.

especially what works for them and not to the citizens. like the load only when a congressman or a senator got fed up that its load is missing only then we set up a body to tackle it and even brought to congress and set its parameters.

kawawang pilipino, masyadong nalulong sa democracy. just like any other human at first its the nature of survival then when achieve looks for a little bit of luxury then in the end the lifestyle of a millionaire playboy.

the fact is whether or not you feel the time of gma is like what and now is like what?

realize that the philippines doesnt have a long term goal or a plan to counter whatever it will face in the coming years or months. actually i think they know but they just dont act

it has always been come what may then adjust then act and see how it goes. the problem is in everyone of us, those who are seated doesnt really make it much of a habit to act so fast for its people, those who are seated are acting on their own agenda or when they feel about something.

All major presidential candidates during the 2010 elections HAVE long term goals and plans, except Noynoy. Those of us who were campaigning against Noynoy keep on pointing out that among all major candidates Noynoy is the only one who DO NOT HAVE a clear program of government.

80% of the voters ignored that. Those of you who voted for Noynoy deserve what you got. The rest of us, don't.

to us citizens we never really made it to make those who are seated accountable to their actions, if they just play golf , stay at home, go on trips we dont know when. so what, wala hindi kinakabhan ang mga nakaupo na tao na dapat kinakabhan sila kung hindi naplano ang dapat nilang gawin.

especially what works for them and not to the citizens. like the load only when a congressman or a senator got fed up that its load is missing only then we set up a body to tackle it and even brought to congress and set its parameters.

What do the Noynoy apologists say about this? Give Noynoy a chance to prove himself? What chance can you give a clueless man who is doing nothing?

kawawang pilipino, masyadong nalulong sa democracy. just like any other human at first its the nature of survival then when achieve looks for a little bit of luxury then in the end the lifestyle of a millionaire playboy.

Hindi pa nalululong sa demokrasya ang mga Pilipino.

Nalulong? Hindi. Naloko? Puede pa.

Ang masakit na katotohanan, nagpaloko ang karamihan ng Pinoy kay Penoy.

Edited by camiar

All major presidential candidates during the 2010 elections HAVE long term goals and plans, except Noynoy. Those of us who were campaigning against Noynoy keep on pointing out that among all major candidates Noynoy is the only one who DO NOT HAVE a clear program of government.

80% of the voters ignored that. Those of you who voted for Noynoy deserve what you got. The rest of us, don't.

What do the Noynoy apologists say about this? Give Noynoy a chance to prove himself? What chance can you give a clueless man who is doing nothing?

Hindi pa nalululong sa demokrasya ang mga Pilipino.

Nalulong? Hindi. Naloko? Puede pa.

Ang masakit na katotohanan, nagpaloko ang karamihan ng Pinoy kay Penoy.

Tama walang idudulot na magaling yang abnoy na penoy na yan.......sabi nila d nagpapayaman... eh nakabili ng kotse at bullet proof na suv... tanong bakit d nya ginawa iyon nun senador pa sya at ngayn presidente sya bumili...........mga tao inilagay sa gobyerno puro palpak..... balak pa gawin bansa natin communista palibasa tatay nya communista....d showbiz ito.abnoy na bulol pa...