I'm sure the Anti-Noynoys of mtc would read the Inquirer headline today as a negative. "Aquino back with $2.4B in new US investments", also the business news, "Stocks continue to climb". Yang mga ganyang bagay BAD NEWS sa desididong basta kumontra na lang.

Slamdunk, pati JP Morgan gusto mag-invest. So ano ngayon? Bad news ba ito? Dapat bang kontrahin natin? Sabihin natin sa Coca-cola na abnoy ang presidente natin at wag ng mag-invest? At wag silang mag-i-invest hangga't hindi si Gibo ang presidente?

Hoy Noy!

Naloko mo na naman ang mga fans mo dito. Me good news ka daw!??!!

What are you trying to pass off to your gullible supporters? That when you became President, these American companies suddenly decided to invest billions next year?

Yes, its good news! But what your fans don’t know is that those investments were already earmarked TWO YEARS AGO. Our company has been eyeing to participate in three of those projects ($2.0B out of the $2.4B) since 2008. It just so happens that projects of this magnitude takes long to implement and these, in particular, has to be started in 2011. It didn’t matter who the Philippine President would have been by that time – it will push through, and you have nothing to do with it!

Your claims merely show how desperate you are for anything you can pass off as good news to your desperate supporters.

And in turn, your supporters are desperately waiting for any good news coming from you.

This so called “good news’ is another dud. Another case of grabbing credit from the past administrations' achievements.

I shall take your advice. I think I have been doing that for a long time.

As for criticisms, heck, I've been reading Jopoc's (sometimes) harsh tirades against my "annointed one". Since there is VALUE in what he has to say, and not the automatic basta maka-kontra lang tirades like MANY FOOLS here have been guilty of. I've even CONCEDED to many observations/criticisms (and not just Jopoc's). We are a deomcracy. Criticism is part and parcel of it. However, I just wanted to remind the "intellectually lazy", that their brainless tirades is NOT DOING THE COUNTRY ANY GOOD. Kung talaga meron dapat punain, GO! Ako mismo, pupukol. Pero kung katangahan lang at pag ngawa-ngawa ad infinitum ang drama, wag na lang. Lalo lang kayong mukhang kawawa.

-----------------

And I apologize if am a little exasperated at this point. Medyo nakakapagod na rin kasi. Tulad ng isa dyan, ang galing ng birada dun sa Hacienda Luisita thread. Nang patulan ko at bigyan ng isang matinong diskusyon, san nagpunta? Nawala na parang bula. Wala masabi kundi "sabi ni Penoy kayo ang boss ko, ang mga taga Hacienda Luisita, boss rin nya?". So tameme. Pero ng mangyari yun bus crisis, heto na naman hirit na naman ng "sabi ni Penoy kayo ang boss ko, ang mga taga Hacienda Luisita, boss rin nya?" Anaknang... pano ka ba naman hindi ma eexasperate sa mga ganitong istilo?

i wouldn't go as far as calling them all intellectually weak... a few of them do have their moments... but what those few who have their moments have in common with those that are intellectually lazy is that they are all perpetually indignant malcontents who are only happy when unhappy & can probably be only happier when they're spreading whatever bug crawled up their collective asses... hell, they'll probably still spew even if aquino does manage to get us out of this quagmire the dwarf lady & company left us in...

Like I said, I would stop reading at the first "Dear Abnoy". But I am sure he made another brilliant post -- given the CREDIBILITY he has earned over the last two years or so on mtc.

AS for these INVESTMENTS were earmarked 2 years ago. Ok, you want to play it that way? Look, I went on record that PNoy is ULTIMATELY responsible for the hostage fiasco as he is now the commander in chief. But if we are going to give GMA the credit for what she has done "two years ago" as you say, remember too that the SWAT team that tried the rescue was trained "two years ago". So ano ba? Yung blame lang ang credited now, pero pag positive, kay GMA? Anakngteteng... ang galing naman nun.

Like I said, I would stop reading at the first "Dear Abnoy". But I am sure he made another brilliant post -- given the CREDIBILITY he has earned over the last two years or so on mtc.

AS for these INVESTMENTS were earmarked 2 years ago. Ok, you want to play it that way? Look, I went on record that PNoy is ULTIMATELY responsible for the hostage fiasco as he is now the commander in chief. But if we are going to give GMA the credit for what she has done "two years ago" as you say, remember too that the SWAT team that tried the rescue was trained "two years ago". So ano ba? Yung blame lang ang credited now, pero pag positive, kay GMA? Anakngteteng... ang galing naman nun.

That's an inaccurate way of summarizing the arguments against the president. There is a distinct difference in ascribing economic gains to the past administration and ascribing the loss of lives during the hostage crisis to the present administration. It's not at all a double standard as you like to believe. Economic gains are credited to the past administration because it was that administration's policies that made the gains possible. Though it's true the past administration left PNoy with an incompetent police force (under whose presidency was the police force really ever competent anyway?), it was only the past admin's fault for the first 2 maybe 3 hours of that crisis. PNoy had MORE THAN ENOUGH TIME to correct that situation, this was clearly a lack of leadership ability. He himself said he got frustrated while he watched the swat team move in. Kind of a delayed (and timid) reaction there, you think? Especially for the leader of a nation. You need a LEADer for these kinds of situations, not just a nice man who is not corrupt.

(Another difference between this hostage crisis and the Maguindanao massacre that you love to bring up, is that when we found out about the Maguindanao massacre people were already dead. When we found out about the Quirino grandstand hostage situation, people were still waving at the TV crews. BIG DIFFERENCE. HUGE.)

PNoy is ultimately responsible not just because he is NOW the commander-in-chief, and is in charge of a laughable set of policemen that he inherited from past administrationS but because he had more than enough time to SOLVE the hostage crisis. Way, way more than enough time to figure something out. When he said his mistake was to trust his people on the ground, that was revealing in two parts: one, he had no clue about his people; two, he sure took his time getting that confidence shattered at the expense of human lives. He waited way too long to start questioning his decision to trust. You've heard all the criticism, from here and abroad, from the ordinary citizen spouting to the experts' opinions on ALL the different things that could've been done. What was the common denominator of all that criticism? Decision-making from the top tier was nonexistent.

And his handling of the whole affair afterward? I'm sure you've read one of the survivors' articulate response to that already.

Here's a message to the collective Pinoy:

At least have the decency to bow your head in contrition until you've improved the situation. Don't get defensive. Don't get annoyed. To be sorry means you do not make excuses for yourselves. Stop talking, stop grinning, stop saying the anger is not justified. Stop acting like a spoiled kid. Do something.

I am no GMA supporter nor am I a P-noy fan or basher. Just want to make a point. The comparison is not "apples to apples" simply because the "team" which undertook the rescue was not the best which the Philippines had to offer. It was already stated as a matter of public record during the IIRC that there were other elite teams on stand-by. Why they were not utilized is anyone's guess. So it's still the problem of "leadership" or a lack of it during the crisis which resulted in the fiasco.

Dear Noy, Your projects are on the way and in almost 3 months you have made example to various LGU in teh country..

Cant help but respond to this post kahit medyo busy this past weeks...I think its very literal when you mentioned that we are his boss..Yes we are his boss but not in the most literal meaning..We are a democracy and when he said we are his boss means that the majority of the people's wish and needs are what he will be implementing. Just like the birth control issue. Its the best for every Juan and Maria in this country to be informed about reduction in population but its not the best for the church. Kung lahat ng pinoy na lang boss eh di ginawa namang santa clause si Pnoy? doesnt make sense right? Just like in a company the board of directors is the boss of the CEO but it doesnt mean every whims of the board members are what he will follow its the majority of the BOD's decision

"means that the majority of the people's wish and needs are what he will be implementing"

How will these wishes be determined if they are not articulated first? Isn't it precisely the fact that we are a democracy that makes it possible to say what you want to the president who, after all, works for you?

"Kung lahat ng pinoy na lang boss eh di ginawa namang santa clause si Pnoy? doesnt make sense right?"

Meron na bang nagsabi na ganon dapat? Wala bang utak yung presidente na lahat na lang ng sasabihin sa kanya ay susundin nya? Yun ba ang sinabi ko? Sabi ko lang, pwede magsalita.

Fail ang comprehension teh. Siguro kailangan mag vitamins ka. Yung may B complex ha.

I am no GMA supporter nor am I a P-noy fan or basher. Just want to make a point. The comparison is not "apples to apples" simply because the "team" which undertook the rescue was not the best which the Philippines had to offer. It was already stated as a matter of public record during the IIRC that there were other elite teams on stand-by. Why they were not utilized is anyone's guess. So it's still the problem of "leadership" or a lack of it during the crisis which resulted in the fiasco.

The President gave the specific order to use the SAF. The ground commander did not follow this order. His head must roll. To his (Gen. Magtibay) credit. He willingly fell on his sword shortly after the incident.

DB,

So what you are saying is that since PGMA was soooo fcuking good, even if we had elected a monkey as president, and sent him to that mission to the US, spitting at people and throwing crap all around, we would have still gotten those contracts. Wow. GMA was that good eh? Those contracts have absolutely NOTHING TO DO with the renewed confidence in the Philippines, given that we now have a LEGITIMATE PRESIDENT (beyond question), and who promises to stomp out corruption. 50 years from now, the IMF would still be giving us a limitless line of credit because of GMA. She was just that good. And I believe.

AS for GMA being COMPLETELY BLAMELESS in the hostage fiasco -- look, I never wanted to play the blame game. But that fcuking SWAT team were total idiots. They were trained during the time of GMA when EURO GENERALS think it is their god-given right to spend a "working" holiday in RUSSIA (with their spouses), never mind that the SWAT don't get training. And from whom did they get that notion? The friggin president who thinks it is her god-given right to spend 20K USD for dinners when she is on a "working" holiday in New York.

But let me ask a question. Why weren't those contracts signed during the time of PGMA? Why now? Why only now? Were those people unaware that the Philippines was due to a change of president by 2010? Why is there a seeming "opening of floodgates" all of the sudden? Now that the "excellent" president with her "excellent economic policies" (harhar) is now due to be tried for corruption? Nung huling pumunta si PGMA sa Tate, aside from the bill for the 20K USD dinners, what did she bring home (ok, also aside from the pang facebook photo op with Barack), what else?

And oh one more thing, since we are in the "giving GMA her due" mode. PNoy promises to be the complete opposite of PGMA. He has GONE ON RECORD WITH THIS. So her ECONOMIC POLICIES (whatever the fcuk that is), is NO LONGER RELEVANT. The Philippines, since PGMA stepped down, will no longer be under "PGMA's economic policies" tienes. Somebody ought give the memo to all those people who want to invest in the Philippines. But hey, I am guessing, they already know.

Edited by skitz

DB,

So what you are saying is that since PGMA was soooo fcuking good, even if we had elected a monkey as president, and sent him to that mission to the US, spitting at people and throwing crap all around, we would have still gotten those contracts. Wow. GMA was that good eh? Those contracts have absolutely NOTHING TO DO with the renewed confidence in the Philippines, given that we now have a LEGITIMATE PRESIDENT (beyond question), and who promises to stomp out corruption. 50 years from now, the IMF would still be giving us a limitless line of credit because of GMA. She was just that good. And I believe.

AS for GMA being COMPLETELY BLAMELESS in the hostage fiasco -- look, I never wanted to play the blame game. But that fcuking SWAT team were total idiots. They were trained during the time of GMA when EURO GENERALS think it is their god-given right to spend a "working" holiday in RUSSIA (with their spouses), never mind that the SWAT don't get training. And from whom did they get that notion? The friggin president who thinks it is her god-given right to spend 20K USD for dinners when she is on a "working" holiday in New York.

But let me ask a question. Why weren't those contracts signed during the time of PGMA? Why now? Why only now? Were those people unaware that the Philippines was due to a change of president by 2010? Why is there a seeming "opening of floodgates" all of the sudden? Now that the "excellent" president with her "excellent economic policies" (harhar) is now due to be tried for corruption? Nung huling pumunta si PGMA sa Tate, aside from the bill for the 20K USD dinners, what did she bring home (ok, also aside from the pang facebook photo op with Barack), what else?

And oh one more thing, since we are in the "giving GMA her due" mode. PNoy promises to be the complete opposite of PGMA. He has GONE ON RECORD WITH THIS. So her ECONOMIC POLICIES (whatever the fcuk that is), is NO LONGER RELEVANT. The Philippines, since PGMA stepped down, will no longer be under "PGMA's economic policies" tienes. Somebody ought give the memo to all those people who want to invest in the Philippines. But hey, I am guessing, they already know.

Without even reading too far into your reply I can already tell you jumped the gun. First, I didn't say PNoy may as well have been a monkey, and ALL the gains are due GMA. Don't get all hysterical.

Second, I never scoffed at any of his accomplishments. I said that you attack those who can only say negative things, as if it's wrong to point out Malacanang's spin. Of course it's great he got investments, Obama seems to have genuinely liked the guy. You seem to be mixing me in with someone else's replies.

At any rate, if you are sure of the positives why bother with the negatives? Accomplishments should speak for themselves. You have a beef with people selling the country short on these boards and therefore affecting investor confidence negatively, but has it truly not occurred to you that pre-Noynoy you were one of those whose anti-GMA rants were so nasty they fit that same profile to a T? Or did the boards all of a sudden gain political influence and only now matter? If we take your argument further, is it also possible that it was the sentiment of people like you that kept some investors away in the past? A little consistency naman para when you ask others to be fair its credible.

And you missed the boat again on the hostage fiasco. I guess some people are hellbent on deflecting the blame. And we wonder why our national character is weak.

"means that the majority of the people's wish and needs are what he will be implementing"

How will these wishes be determined if they are not articulated first? Isn't it precisely the fact that we are a democracy that makes it possible to say what you want to the president who, after all, works for you?

"Kung lahat ng pinoy na lang boss eh di ginawa namang santa clause si Pnoy? doesnt make sense right?"

Meron na bang nagsabi na ganon dapat? Wala bang utak yung presidente na lahat na lang ng sasabihin sa kanya ay susundin nya? Yun ba ang sinabi ko? Sabi ko lang, pwede magsalita.

Fail ang comprehension teh. Siguro kailangan mag vitamins ka. Yung may B complex ha.

Onem your comments are not in any way constructive...Why? well lets just say that your criticisms are not in nature something beneficial for the people but for your own..You clearly said taht he declared that the people is the bossing..I believe the trust rating regardless if there is a survey or not his credibility and trust given by the people will speak for itself..I dont see anything on your criticisms on any previous post that will make the philippines a better country that it is today but your making debate for personal reasons and agenda..You can speak your mind pero speak in the concern of the majority and for the benefit of those bossing...We are a democracy but saying something not in any way beneficial for the people is definitely pointless just like so many of the critics here...Just like your theory about a conspiracy that I dont how did you came up with such in the first place....It doesnt do the people any good to make baseless conspiracy theories..Nasobrahan ka siguro sa mga spy novels etc..

Pnoy is not god he is human and after several presidents we have found someone that the international community trust regardless what his detractors say against him..Yan ang characteristic ng isang taong hindi naghahangad ng self recognization but doing his job..He hasnt done anything that will falter out faith in him so why start being an ASS?!!

Edited by CUMonYou

The President gave the specific order to use the SAF. The ground commander did not follow this order. His head must roll. To his (Gen. Magtibay) credit. He willingly fell on his sword shortly after the incident.

I fully doubt the IIRC report when it was mentioned that you ask your colonel to send the message to your General to use the SAF.

Bakit wala sa mga naunang statements mo na inask mo na gamitin ang SAF? If you sincerely placed this command during the crisis bakit hindi mo nabanggit sa mga nauna mong press conferences ito at bakit sa IIRC report lang lumabas? Whitewash?

Alright DB, yes I am a little exasperated at this point. And it is unfortunate that you should be on the receiving end of that frustration as you are the only one "logical" left on your side.

So alright, PNoy gets some CREDIT. But let me dare say he gets MOST of the credit.

And if you would take the effort to backread the thread on the hostage crisis, even I conceded that PNoy should share in the blame. I did not even mention Gloria there. But given the double standards shown here by the recent posts, I HAD TO PLAY THAT GAME. Kung si Gloria pa rin ang dahilan ng new investments in the PNoy administration, e di si Gloria pa rin ang dapat i-blame sa hostage crisis. I only demonstrated that I can play that game too.

As to me attacking Gloria during her time? Well, the difference between her and PNoy is, SHE WAS NEVER A LEGITIMATE PRESIDENT. I marched in EDSA to help oust Erap. I supported Gloria in her first years in office. But when she betrayed this TRUST, when SHE CHEATED to a second term, then I had no recourse but to reverse that support. And yes, if PNoy betrays this same trust, that we, who voted for him have given him, you can bet I will start attacking him as well. But for now, GIVE THE MAN A BREAK. Let him take a legitimate shot at succeeding (and take the whole country along for the ride). Huwag naman automatic batikos machines na lang lahat tayo. Kung meron ng tunay na dahilan para patalsikin si PNoy, handa akong mag-marcha ulit sa EDSA. I am NOT pro PNoy. I am pro PINOY.

Edited by skitz

I fully doubt the IIRC report when it was mentioned that you ask your colonel to send the message to your General to use the SAF.

Bakit wala sa mga naunang statements mo na inask mo na gamitin ang SAF? If you sincerely placed this command during the crisis bakit hindi mo nabanggit sa mga nauna mong press conferences ito at bakit sa IIRC report lang lumabas? Whitewash?

I am sorry Mike Chester, but if I remember correctly, this bit of info came a day after the incident. Natabunan na lang siguro sa daming side issues. But the specific order was given. Kaya nga talagang si Gen. Magtibay ay walang lusot. He defied a direct order from the commander in chief himself. And for what? Petty branch rivalries (uso sa mga armed services).

I am sorry Mike Chester, but if I remember correctly, this bit of info came a day after the incident. Natabunan na lang siguro sa daming side issues. But the specific order was given. Kaya nga talagang si Gen. Magtibay ay walang lusot. He defied a direct order from the commander in chief himself. And for what? Petty branch rivalries (uso sa mga armed services).

Well, if it is indeed noynoy ordered that one, and he said that he was monitoring the situation, he could have seen clearly that there was a blatant insubordination on his command which causes the main kapalpakan of that tragedy. Dapat immediately he could have informed everyone that his command was not followed and he should immediately fired his generals, the insubordination already happened right under his nose.

But what happened was that after the incident he placed mainly the blame on the media and on the MPD, and none on the insubordination. Bakit hindi niya hinighlight na hindi sinunod ang pinag utos niya as Commander-in-Chief ng tatlong heneral niya?

That's why Im more inclined to believe that this report is just a whitewash para linisin ang pangalan ni noynoy.

As to me attacking Gloria during her time? Well, the difference between her and PNoy is, SHE WAS NEVER A LEGITIMATE PRESIDENT. I marched in EDSA to help oust Erap. I supported Gloria in her first years in office. But when she betrayed this TRUST, when SHE CHEATED to a second term, then I had no recourse but to reverse that support. And yes, if PNoy betrays this same trust, that we, who voted for him have given him, you can bet I will start attacking him as well. But for now, GIVE THE MAN A BREAK. Let him take a legitimate shot at succeeding (and take the whole country along for the ride). Huwag naman automatic batikos machines na lang lahat tayo. Kung meron ng tunay na dahilan para patalsikin si PNoy, handa akong mag-marcha ulit sa EDSA. I am NOT pro PNoy. I am pro PINOY.

I will hold you to your word on this. In a year or so, there will be news which might shake this country again.

Well, if it is indeed noynoy ordered that one, and he said that he was monitoring the situation, he could have seen clearly that there was a blatant insubordination on his command which causes the main kapalpakan of that tragedy. Dapat immediately he could have informed everyone that his command was not followed and he should immediately fired his generals, the insubordination already happened right under his nose.

But what happened was that after the incident he placed mainly the blame on the media and on the MPD, and none on the insubordination. Bakit hindi niya hinighlight na hindi sinunod ang pinag utos niya as Commander-in-Chief ng tatlong heneral niya?

That's why Im more inclined to believe that this report is just a whitewash para linisin ang pangalan ni noynoy.

Hoy Noy!

Read Mike Chester's post very carefully. You might learn a little about leadership and power play.

Noy, that hostage fiasco report actually admitted and even declared to the world your totally weak leadership. You should fire De Lima.

If you really ordered the ground commander to use SAF, and he disobeyed, you should have relieved him and his generals immediately right after the firefight. The commander-in-chief's orders are inviolable. Nobody can countermand the orders of the commander-in-chief without suffering immediate consequences. Yet, you allowed the report to declare that you, as c-in-c, were ignored by your own men!

A commander will not allow own soldiers to disobey him without getting severely punished IMMEDIATELY. That's rule number one in military power play. But you did not do anything when you were disobeyed. Why? I know why. It's because you're a frigging LIAR. You never issued those orders.

MC,

The breach fiasco was one of the last things that happened. Before that, PNoy allowed the ground commander to take care of the situation, giving only the specific order that should a breach attempt be made, use the very BEST team available (and PNoy was informed that that would be the SAF). The situation was ok. Hostages were being released without shots being fired. That is until that moment when the cry baby of a madman's brother was arrested on live TV. And Gen. Magtibay was immediately relieved (even when he had already removed himself by taking a leave from the service).

Edited by skitz

I will hold you to your word on this. In a year or so, there will be news which might shake this country again.

Deal. You should have seen my posts from way before when I was the number one defender of Gloria (even if I didn't vote for her). It was only when the Garci tapes came out that I had to reverse positions. If PNoy commits an IMPEACHABLE offense, I give my word, I will rescind my support for the man. Not only that, I will join the ranks of those who would try to remove him from office. Like I said, I am not PRO-PNOY, I am PRO-PINOY.

Dear Pnoy,

Sa mga nagsusulat ng kanilang mga sari-sariling kuru-kuro,

marapatin po ninyong tumungo sa paksang 'jueteng' upang

doon ay masaksihan natin ang tunay na pamamaraan

ng marangal na pagdedebate.

Sana ay dumami pa ang lahi nina jopoc at kilometrico,

upang maging makabuluhan ang paghahalihaw ng mga

paksa.

Panahon na upang kalusin ang mga 'utak pulbura' !

Deal. You should have seen my posts from way before when I was the number one defender of Gloria (even if I didn't vote for her). It was only when the Garci tapes came out that I had to reverse positions. If PNoy commits an IMPEACHABLE offense, I give my word, I will rescind my support for the man. Not only that, I will join the ranks of those who would try to remove him from office. Like I said, I am not PRO-PNOY, I am PRO-PINOY.

Hoy Noy!

You can see from MTC alone, a lot of people are now starting to realize what we on the "other side" knew all along about you being incompetent and unfit for your post.

Many have switched sides already. Some hold-overs of course, to save face, will make "if-and-when" conditions as excuse for reversing on their opinions.

The excuses range from stating that they will be making "constructive criticisms" and being pro-Filipino tienes. But it's still the same. They allowed themselves to be hoodwinked by your propaganda, and are now desperately looking for an excuse to switch sides.

Noy, in less than two years, you will be all alone, considering the type of fans you have.

I am not surprised at all that the concept of loyalty to country over personality is beyond some people here. And oh, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for PNoy to make an IMPEACHABLE offense.

Dear Pnoy

I will have to second the motion that most people when you defend pnoy is you defend pnoy but actually were defending pinoy..They forget that its the people that pnoy served that we are basing our concern...If pnoy is doing great for pinoys then I dont get the point why attack the person who does the most good for the people? Well maybe naapektuhan sila sobra sa pagkakatuwid ng liderato..

Hmmnnn Pnoy pagpasensyahan mo na mukhang hindi na sila kumikita dahil ikaw ang nakaupo kaya sila bumabanat sa iyo :)