Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/199514/hagler-floyd-jr-scared-of-fighting-pacquiao

Hagler: Floyd Jr. scared of fighting Pacquiao

August 26, 2010 20:46:51

Look who's labeling Floyd Mayweather Jr. scared of fighting Manny Pacquiao?

Marvelous Marvin Hagler, one of the greatest middleweight fighters of all-time, branded Floyd Jr. as such in the aftermath of the two botched negotiations that put on hold the fight everybody wants to see.

"With the Pacquiao and Mayweather fight, I think that Mayweather might be a little scared," said Hagler in a rare interview aired by On The Ropes boxing radio show.

Now based in Italy, where he has become a big movie star shortly upon his retirement from the ring, Hagler compared Floyd Jr. to the great Sugar Ray Leonard, who wouldn't agree to fight a champion like him unless he gets all the conditions he wants.

"He's (Floyd Jr) almost looking like a Sugar Ray Leonard in the type of sense where he is dictating all of the time," said Hagler of his multi-titled rival, who defeated him in a disputed split decision in the biggest fight of 1987 that proved to be Hagler's last.

Mayweather's insistence for him and Pacquiao to undergo random drug testing derailed the initial negotiations for a possible bout many believe would end up as the richest in the history of the sports.

Likewise, the refusal of the Mayweather camp to agree to the supposed terms negotiated by Pacquiao promoter Bob Arum, Mayweather representative Al Haymon and HBO executive Ross Greenburg put on hold the second round of talks for the bout being eyed to be held on November 13 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Hagler said if Mayweather really wants to take on Pacquiao, no amount of disagreements in the negotiating table could stop them from making the fight.

"If you're going to fight, let’s fight. Let's stop all this stuff. Let's just get it on. I mean that is what boxing is about," said the 56-year old former undisputed world middleweight champion.

"So he (Mayweather) is trying to gain more money or whatever. I mean you already made enough money. Do you want to fight the guy? Yes or no?"

Hagler believes Pacquiao is more than ready to take on Mayweather, stressing, "I think Pacquiao is saying, "Come on! Let’s do it today."

The native of Newark, New Jersey said Pacquiao should just move on if and when Floyd Jr. really showed signs he's not willing to fight the Filipino congressman from the lone district of Sarangani province.

"I wouldn't wait around for Mayweather. I would take another fight and still make as much money as I can and then leave the game while I’m still on top," Hagler said.

Exactly what Pacquiao has been doing as he's now eyeing controversial Mexican fighter Antonio Margarito as his probable next opponent in his ring return three months from now. - RCJ, GMANews.TV

thats exactly my point, going up another weight class will give mayweather another issue to bring to the bargaining table (or another reason to duck manny). we know how difficult he is to deal with. hes always looking for advantages. he will just say to manny "you already fought at jr. middleweight, so why go back down a division?" besides, by going up in weight, i believe manny already gave up his title.

What I know is that you don't have to immediately relinquish the title if you move up in weight to challenge for a title. But once the guy wins, he have to choose which title he have to relinquish. This happens to Manny then when the WBC made such ruling. However am not sure if same applies to a different boxing organization aside from the WBC.

Well if what we get from reports are all true wherein indeed MP agree to the blood testing condition of Pretty Boy and now PB is saying he just don't wanna be rush coz he's on vacation. That is really BS and an act of deliberately trying to avoid MP.

Maybe, just maybe, PB is trying to sell his fights by using MP. For all we know he really don't have the intent of facing MP but tries to create this illusion that it may/will happen so that people continue to have interest in him while he fight patsies. This way he retires with a 0 loss record .

PBF does not want to fight Manny because when he tested his skills against Sugar Shane, he found out he no longer has the lateral movement to avoid a rampaging Manny Pacquiao. Don't be misled by the way he manhandled Sugar Shane. PBF is a boxing genius (still). He was just testing himself on a lesser opponent. That Sugar Shane, old and slow and possessing no longer the snap he once had, could hit PBF at all was the red light that signaled to PBF he is ripe for the picking. PBF has lost a step or two. He can no longer compete against Manny. And this is the simple truth. The one reason he does not want to fight Manny. He is chicken. He is NOT a fighter in the mold of the Erik Moralesses, who bravely (though maybe foolishly), fought Manny knowing he had little chance of actually winning. Marvin Hagler is right. PBF is NOT a fighter. HE is just a loudmouth businessman whose business happens to be boxing. PBF IS A SHAME TO THE SPORT. His "0" record don't mean s@%t. Marvin's "1" (loss) to Sugar Ray Leonard MEANS MORE than that "0".

pag di nangyari contrata sa susunod na taon....malamang di na mangyayari ang laban. tanda na kasi..o kung mayroon man years later...just for the heck of money, fame and come-on-let's-do-it kinda thing...not for the raw talent that they still possess right now, power and quickness and stamina will soon diminish between them.

The more I see Gayweather mouth off at Pacquiao but refuse to commit to a fight even after Pacman agreed to a urine and stimulants test, the more I'm convinced Floyd's really scared of Manny. Tataya ako kay Manny panigurado pag natuloy ang laban. The odds are going to be in favor of Mayweather, because of his legion fans, and that's a good situation to bet Pacquiao as an underdog. Even if the odds were perfectly even, I'm going Pacman. And I'm an unemotional bettor. I put money where it has a better chance of earning returns, in my view.

Edited by deepdiverboy

"A lot of people were saying I made racist comments but anybody that knows me knows that I don't have a racist bone in my body… I have nothing but love in my heart… Anybody affected by what I said I apologize as a man. [i was] just having fun I didn't mean it."

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09/04/10/mayweather-apologizes-racist-remarks

but, what about his old comment saying "americans should not trust pacquiao cause he's not even an american?"

PUTANGINANG FLOYD GAYWEATHER TO...BABAE LANG ANG KAYA... http://www.tmz.com/2...estic-violence/

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Suspect in Domestic Violence

9/9/2010 10:30 AM PDT by TMZ Staff

TMZ has learned ... Floyd Mayweather Jr. is a suspect in a battery domestic violence case.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/09/09/0909-floyd-josie-ex-getty-01a-credit.jpg

Multiple cop cars from the Las Vegashttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif Metro Police Department showed up at Mayweather's home early this morning. We're told cops received a call at 5:03 AM from Floyd's baby mama, Josie Harris, who claimed the boxer attacked her.

Sources tell TMZ Harris went to Southern Hills Hospital in Las Vegas at some point after the incident and has now left.

Law enforcementhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/mag-glass_10x10.gif sources say police were unable to find Floyd and are now looking to interview him.

Cops want to speak to Floyd before determining if they will arrest him.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/09/09/0909-floyd-cop-line-exp-tmz-01-credit.jpg

The photo above was taken at one of Floyd's homes in Vegas moments ago.

We're told Harris is going to court today to get a restraining order against Mayweather.

In 2003 Harris accused Mayweather of punching and kicking her inside a Bentley in Vegas. Charges were filed but dismissed in 2005 after Harris testified she lied to cops because she was angry that Floyd had left her for another woman.

UPDATE: A man who lives near Harris tells TMZ ... this morning at around 5 AM he awakened after hearing "a blood-curdling scream that sounded like someone was being murdered." The man tells us he then saw someone in front of the house and then noticed two cars speeding off.