Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

Tama rin na hindi sinabi ng Team Pacquiao na may shoulder injury si MP. Paano kung sinabi nila na injured si Pacman before the fight and have to postpone it for at least 1yr for MP to fully recover? Malaking repercussion ito. Your take?

He should've kept his mouth shut in the first place. Kumita naman sya ng malaki. As for the rematch forget about it. si mayweather magreretire na sa September.

Tapos na talaga kwento. Hindi man satisfying yung fight, its clear panalo si Mayweather and he is the better boxer (if not fighter). If the rematch takes place, it will be the exact same fight. Mayweather comfortably fighting it from a distance, Manny struggling to get inside while taking shots and being outpointed.

Move on na. Lalo na mga pinoy fans. Talo eh. Wala na din naman gana magboxing pa si Manny. Maybe he wants to move on na din.

Sabi ko nga, if the sport will survive its popularity over MMA, it needs to highlight more other fights. Masyado na lang tayo tutok sa Mayweather Pacquiao na ito which is a half-satisfying fight

Tama rin na hindi sinabi ng Team Pacquiao na may shoulder injury si MP. Paano kung sinabi nila na injured si Pacman before the fight and have to postpone it for at least 1yr for MP to fully recover? Malaking repercussion ito. Your take?

Not sure, here, as we all NOW know you really can't keep injuries like this as a secret, it can ruin a fighter's career and also it is required by the rules. It is easy to say Oh, "sorry I checked the wrong box" etc. On the other hand if the boxing commission received a request for NSAID to be administered before the fight, their question again should by, is the fighter fit to fight? All points towards go go go from our camp kasi, even without the NSAID.

Sorry okay going back to your question, I agree, if they went ahead with the fight, then they should have just stopped there and the injury just fixed and announced without any hoopla about it being the cause. Ayun so many lawsuits pa.

I do agree that postponing might have made it really a big deal, but if it was postponed, I'm sure the whole world would have cried out "Manny is a coward". But then I'm sure we'll still watch the postponed fight, heck with more "Gusto" pa nga!

Sabi ko nga, if the sport will survive its popularity over MMA, it needs to highlight more other fights. Masyado na lang tayo tutok sa Mayweather Pacquiao na ito which is a half-satisfying fight

Is it just me, or many would agree that the reason why this was billed "the fight of the century" is because an Undefeated Champion is facing the only person perceived to be able to beat him? Yes sorry to fellow Pacquiao fans, but let is call it as it is, the fight is not really about Manny, but Floyd possibly getting beat by Manny.

The problem that we all came to realize that Floyd's style is effective, and it is boring for most of the boxing fans. We all want a Rocky style fight, toe to toe, etc. But alas Floyd will never give in to this, it's not his style. So it is up to the challenger to step up. I still think Manny "stepped up" and gave us a good fight, a good show.

Now what does MMA have over Boxing? All out war talaga, you can get knocked out, you will go at it with your opponent, there are still points system pero almost always it's really obvious who is dominating. Ganito nalang, if the Floyd vs. Manny fight was scored like MMA, Manny would have won diba? Well wait, at least Floyd got in some Guillotines and choke holds :) hehehe!

Pero yun nga MMA will win over Boxing if we continue to have "amateur/Olympics style" boxing rather than "Pro boxing".

Sabi ko, dito sa fight, the points were for Floyd, but freaking Manny was the aggressor in that fight.

Not sure, here, as we all NOW know you really can't keep injuries like this as a secret, it can ruin a fighter's career and also it is required by the rules. It is easy to say Oh, "sorry I checked the wrong box" etc. On the other hand if the boxing commission received a request for NSAID to be administered before the fight, their question again should by, is the fighter fit to fight? All points towards go go go from our camp kasi, even without the NSAID.

Sorry okay going back to your question, I agree, if they went ahead with the fight, then they should have just stopped there and the injury just fixed and announced without any hoopla about it being the cause. Ayun so many lawsuits pa.

I do agree that postponing might have made it really a big deal, but if it was postponed, I'm sure the whole world would have cried out "Manny is a coward". But then I'm sure we'll still watch the postponed fight, heck with more "Gusto" pa nga!

If they postponed, ano ba scenario? Ok medyo malulugi ng konti, pero considering it is the richest fight in history, mababawi naman nila agad yan. Plus more time to prep, eh di more time for fight build up and promotional stuff.

Di naman siguro masyado matatawag na duwag si Pacquiao. PWede naman magpakita ng maayos na medical bulletin. Isa pa, lalaban pa din naman sya in the end.

Its more like it, than him bringing it up pagkatpaos making him sound like he is sour graping and being a bitter loser.

• Like (+1) 1

Is it just me, or many would agree that the reason why this was billed "the fight of the century" is because an Undefeated Champion is facing the only person perceived to be able to beat him? Yes sorry to fellow Pacquiao fans, but let is call it as it is, the fight is not really about Manny, but Floyd possibly getting beat by Manny.

The problem that we all came to realize that Floyd's style is effective, and it is boring for most of the boxing fans. We all want a Rocky style fight, toe to toe, etc. But alas Floyd will never give in to this, it's not his style. So it is up to the challenger to step up. I still think Manny "stepped up" and gave us a good fight, a good show.

Now what does MMA have over Boxing? All out war talaga, you can get knocked out, you will go at it with your opponent, there are still points system pero almost always it's really obvious who is dominating. Ganito nalang, if the Floyd vs. Manny fight was scored like MMA, Manny would have won diba? Well wait, at least Floyd got in some Guillotines and choke holds :) hehehe!

Pero yun nga MMA will win over Boxing if we continue to have "amateur/Olympics style" boxing rather than "Pro boxing".

Sabi ko, dito sa fight, the points were for Floyd, but freaking Manny was the aggressor in that fight.

Like I said in the other there, boxing wont go away anytime soon. Ang muay thai naman dati pang andyan pero di naman nawala boxing. Nga lang, with what is happening, where the fights fans expected to see come short of expectation, (and ang mahal pa binayad nila), I wont be surprised if MMA one day becomes more profitable than boxing in terms of gate and PPV events.

Kung baga, ang boxing, andyan yung mas sumisikat na athletes. Ginaganap sya sa pinakaengrandeng mga venue. Mas marami nagbabayad. Mas appealing sya lahat. But MMA is closely catching up to it.

Like I said in the other there, boxing wont go away anytime soon. Ang muay thai naman dati pang andyan pero di naman nawala boxing. Nga lang, with what is happening, where the fights fans expected to see come short of expectation, (and ang mahal pa binayad nila), I wont be surprised if MMA one day becomes more profitable than boxing in terms of gate and PPV events.

Kung baga, ang boxing, andyan yung mas sumisikat na athletes. Ginaganap sya sa pinakaengrandeng mga venue. Mas marami nagbabayad. Mas appealing sya lahat. But MMA is closely catching up to it.

MMA is getting there much quicker than boxing ever did.

MMA consistently gets much exciting fights at a faster clip. UFC has events almost every week now (UFC on FOX, UFC Fight Night, and the regular UFC card), it also has a high rating reality show in The Ultimate Fighter. UFC also has an exclusive deal with Fox Sports enabling them to reach millions of viewers, an audience they never used to have.

And that's just the UFC. There's also Bellator, World Series of Fighting, M1, and Asia's own ONE Championship.

Sure boxers get paid more, but in terms of pop culture appeal, MMA has them beat. Name the last superstar boxer to star in a Hollywood movie? I can name four MMA fighters that have starred in Hollywood flicks (Gina Carano/Fast and the Furious plus her own stand alone movie, Ronda Rousey/ Expendables and the upcoming Entourage movie, Randy Couture/ Expendables, and GSP/Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

True, boxing will never go away as a sport, but it will devolve into a niche sport much like what kickboxing was in the 80s, and not the global spectacle that we know of, if things don't change.

There's a lot of problems with boxing, from the ruleset that promotes gaming the system rather than pushing the action, to judging (I won't even get into this), to the alphabet soup governing bodies, and just the general lack of interest from the public.

Al Haymon is trying to get things rolling with Premiere Boxing Champions, borrowing a page off of the UFC/WWE playbook, he's trying to put boxing more into the mainstream with affiliate networks such as ESPN and CBS sports, focusing more on constant boxing content over the mainstream instead of the traditional event marketing via pay-per-view. It's going to be an uphill battle for Haymon, I'll be happy if it works, but I'm not too optimistic about it.

Anyway, bottomline is boxing needs to change and keep its integrity if it's to "survive".

MMA is getting there much quicker than boxing ever did.

MMA consistently gets much exciting fights at a faster clip. UFC has events almost every week now (UFC on FOX, UFC Fight Night, and the regular UFC card), it also has a high rating reality show in The Ultimate Fighter. UFC also has an exclusive deal with Fox Sports enabling them to reach millions of viewers, an audience they never used to have.

And that's just the UFC. There's also Bellator, World Series of Fighting, M1, and Asia's own ONE Championship.

Sure boxers get paid more, but in terms of pop culture appeal, MMA has them beat. Name the last superstar boxer to star in a Hollywood movie? I can name four MMA fighters that have starred in Hollywood flicks (Gina Carano/Fast and the Furious plus her own stand alone movie, Ronda Rousey/ Expendables and the upcoming Entourage movie, Randy Couture/ Expendables, and GSP/Captain America: The Winter Soldier)

True, boxing will never go away as a sport, but it will devolve into a niche sport much like what kickboxing was in the 80s, and not the global spectacle that we know of, if things don't change.

There's a lot of problems with boxing, from the ruleset that promotes gaming the system rather than pushing the action, to judging (I won't even get into this), to the alphabet soup governing bodies, and just the general lack of interest from the public.

Al Haymon is trying to get things rolling with Premiere Boxing Champions, borrowing a page off of the UFC/WWE playbook, he's trying to put boxing more into the mainstream with affiliate networks such as ESPN and CBS sports, focusing more on constant boxing content over the mainstream instead of the traditional event marketing via pay-per-view. It's going to be an uphill battle for Haymon, I'll be happy if it works, but I'm not too optimistic about it.

Anyway, bottomline is boxing needs to change and keep its integrity if it's to "survive".

In addition MMA schools/gyms are also becoming more popular, and gyms everywhere are opening. They are even having classes for todlers.

Dana and his UFC did a good job making MMA more acceptable in the mainstream as a consumate combat sports, and not just human cockfighting.

I noticed, boxing is dominated by blacks and latin fighters, but no particular color really dominates MMA. Arum said the UFC was created for white skin heads who cant be worth s@%t in boxing. Well sure in the last decades, the sport was dominated by the likes of Lidell, Ortiz, and Shamrock. Now we got guys like Jones, Velazquez, and Aldo. Hopefully the sport will become more ethically diverse in the coming years.

In addition MMA schools/gyms are also becoming more popular, and gyms everywhere are opening. They are even having classes for todlers.

Dana and his UFC did a good job making MMA more acceptable in the mainstream as a consumate combat sports, and not just human cockfighting.

I noticed, boxing is dominated by blacks and latin fighters, but no particular color really dominates MMA. Arum said the UFC was created for white skin heads who cant be worth s@%t in boxing. Well sure in the last decades, the sport was dominated by the likes of Lidell, Ortiz, and Shamrock. Now we got guys like Jones, Velazquez, and Aldo. Hopefully the sport will become more ethically diverse in the coming years.

That was a racist thing to say by Arum.

The first UFC champion was a Brazilian, and a lot of the elite in the UFC and MMA in those days were not white. The most dominant UFC champion ever was a black Brazilian.

and the UFC and MMA in general is already ethnically diverse. Of the current UFC champions only Weidman and TJ are white, the rest are Latino, Brazilian or African American.

MMA hindi pareho ng credibility like boxing. mas malapit siya sa WWE sa totoo lang.

Yeah NO! I disagree with you! MMA is way better than WWE and in quite a lot of aspects better than Pro Boxing.

I used to be a fan of WWF, but I did realize it's mostly an entertainment show. Sobrang OA, so stopped watching it.

MMA is quite different, watch a few fights, heck just watch some in youtube, and you will see.

• Like (+1) 1

i told you, rematch

to further fan the flames, you make the count

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=59&v=x-OsGL1aRIA

here's the analysts scorecard based on a frame by frame review

http://puu.sh/hJ6mt/886f5a6803.png

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/yLWZZUqD8nc/hqdefault.jpg

compubox numbers, huge discrepancy

but my take: this is just heat to fan the flames for a rematch, what's done is done, even if the compubox numbers are wrong, Manny lost, there's no taking that back now.

• Like (+1) 1

Kalimutan na natin itong laban na ito. Talo eh, di talo. Ang tanong interesado pa ba magboxing si Pacquiao? Tingin ko kasi, sa puntong ito ng career nya, ginagamit nya na lang ang boxing para mamaintain nya yung pagiging relevant nya sa tao. Kung ano ano na kasi sinusubukan nya, magtataka tayo kung boxing ba talaga priority nya.

Ang mabuti pa, lets look forward sa laban ni GGG sa sabado. Di kilala halos kalaban nya, pero I bet it will be a much better fight than what was dubbed fight of the century

Kalimutan na natin itong laban na ito. Talo eh, di talo. Ang tanong interesado pa ba magboxing si Pacquiao? Tingin ko kasi, sa puntong ito ng career nya, ginagamit nya na lang ang boxing para mamaintain nya yung pagiging relevant nya sa tao. Kung ano ano na kasi sinusubukan nya, magtataka tayo kung boxing ba talaga priority nya.

Ang mabuti pa, lets look forward sa laban ni GGG sa sabado. Di kilala halos kalaban nya, pero I bet it will be a much better fight than what was dubbed fight of the century

politician first boxer second si pacman nowadays. yung kay ggg naman kaya di kilala yung mga kalaban nya eh kasi yung mga may pangalan eh nanginginig sa takot hehe.

politician first boxer second si pacman nowadays. yung kay ggg naman kaya di kilala yung mga kalaban nya eh kasi yung mga may pangalan eh nanginginig sa takot hehe.