Pacquiao-Mayweather: “It’s going to happen”

grayle

HERE'S AN INTERESTING ARTICLE I'VE READ....

Floyd Mayweather: “To say a guy goes from 105 pounds to this (welterweight), and it’s all natural … come on, man…”

Manny Pacquiao made his pro debut against Edmund Enting Ignacio in January of 1995. He was 16 years old at the time and weighed in at 106 pounds. At 16 years old Floyd Mayweather Jr. won the 1993 USA National Golden Gloves tournament in the 106 pound division.

At 17 years old Manny Pacquiao climbed in to the ring in May of 1996 against John Medina and weighed 114 pounds. At the same tender age of 17 Mayweather captured a USA National Golden Gloves title again, this time at (you guessed it) 114 pounds.

here's the full article:

http://fightfan.com/2011/09/enhanced-performance-the-natural-progression-of-manny-pacquiao-from-light-flyweight-to-welterweight/

Floyd Mayweather: “To say a guy goes from 105 pounds to this (welterweight), and it’s all natural … come on, man…”

Manny Pacquiao made his pro debut against Edmund Enting Ignacio in January of 1995. He was 16 years old at the time and weighed in at 106 pounds. At 16 years old Floyd Mayweather Jr. won the 1993 USA National Golden Gloves tournament in the 106 pound division.

At 17 years old Manny Pacquiao climbed in to the ring in May of 1996 against John Medina and weighed 114 pounds. At the same tender age of 17 Mayweather captured a USA National Golden Gloves title again, this time at (you guessed it) 114 pounds.

here's the full article:

http://fightfan.com/2011/09/enhanced-performance-the-natural-progression-of-manny-pacquiao-from-light-flyweight-to-welterweight/

Great find khilua23. Nice article. This only proves once again that floyd fried chicken's just full of s@#$!

Edited by carlitosway_94116

"I think what Victor Ortiz did is unacceptable. A head butt is something for the street and not worthy for a professional boxer in the ring," Marquez told BoxingScene.com.

"And Mayweather, he would retaliate with more street fighting," he added.

He said there will be no shenanigans when he fights Filipino boxing champion Manny Pacquiao on November 12.

"The November 12 fight against Pacquiao will be fair and you can look for a clear winner in the ring," Marquez added.

"The referee says you should never let your guard down, but the referee never restarted the fight. It is controversial what they did," Marquez said.

He believes the bout should ultimately have been marked as invalid.

http://teampilipinas.info/2011/09/marquez-criticizes-mayweather-ortiz.html

I'm still hoping that it will happen within the next 2 years yun Floyd-Pacman fight.

and i hope that if this day will come, floyd mayweather is the one begging pacman to fight him..

seriously, after mayweather's fight and performance last time against ortiz.. i think his best option would be a rematch with ortiz (though, i don't think it will go any better on sales than the last time).. wala na siyang pwedeng kalabanin na makaka attract ng interest sa manonood kundi si pacman.

while pacman could give fans a lot to watch out for.. (sergio martinez willing to go down 150lbs just to have a match with pacman).

ayun na!!! kita na natin ang hatak power (?) ni ms. gayweather tsk tsk tsk

by the way, aren't tickets for the pacquiao-marquez bout sold out already? hhhmmmmm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Miss Gayweather :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, sold out na tickets sa Pacman-Marquez fight. Scalpers ka na lang makakabili ng upuan. Its confirmed by Bob Arum. Too late na raw sinabihan si Bernadette Sembrano when she told on air that we should buy tickets sa fight na. Sabi ni Bob Arum....too late, my darling, its already been sold out.

I watched the Mayweather-Ortiz fight and I saw some panic in Mayweather's eyes when Ortiz had him pinned to the ropes and was swarming him with punches. Some hit, some did not. Then he followed up with that boner of a headbutt. IMHO, it exposed Mayweather's chink - being pressured and pinned and swarmed. And I don't think Mayweather can dance away too much now - he was slow in that fight.

Pacquiao has that ability - to close-in, pin and pummel an opponent, and unload punch after punch, after round after round.

Mayweather is in a bind - don't fight Pacman and he will forever be doubted with his claim as the best for the rest of his life. But if he fights, and he runs and defends only (ala Clottey) - he will never live down the jeers and chants of being a patsy whether he wins or loses. If he fights and goes toe-to-toe, well he may have a chance. He needs to do it with one punch and make sure Pacman stays down (very unlikely). Odds are always gonna be for Pacman to win in a brawl. And it Mayweather loses in a brawl - end of the line for him.

share this in your networking sites until it reaches may weather. then he'll run out of excuses!

here's the full article:

share this in your networking sites until it reaches may weather. then he'll run out of excuses!

yeah, hope a lot of people could read this.. and i think this is a better analysis with supporting evidences than the loud mouth accusations of GAYMAN.

if there are other social sites that you're a member, please post this to further enlighten the people about mayweather.

Now this is something that IMHO would help uplift the respect of boxing as a sport. I'd think Marquez is a completely neutral outside observer seeing as he isn't aiming for a big bucks fight against Mayweather and further that this does not jeopardize his fight with Manny in any way.

Great that another boxer makes the point that there was no clear indication of the fight being restarted.

"I think what Victor Ortiz did is unacceptable. A head butt is something for the street and not worthy for a professional boxer in the ring," Marquez told BoxingScene.com.

"And Mayweather, he would retaliate with more street fighting," he added.

He said there will be no shenanigans when he fights Filipino boxing champion Manny Pacquiao on November 12.

"The November 12 fight against Pacquiao will be fair and you can look for a clear winner in the ring," Marquez added.

"The referee says you should never let your guard down, but the referee never restarted the fight. It is controversial what they did," Marquez said.

He believes the bout should ultimately have been marked as invalid.

http://teampilipinas.info/2011/09/marquez-criticizes-mayweather-ortiz.html

I watched the Mayweather-Ortiz fight and I saw some panic in Mayweather's eyes when Ortiz had him pinned to the ropes and was swarming him with punches. Some hit, some did not. Then he followed up with that boner of a headbutt. IMHO, it exposed Mayweather's chink - being pressured and pinned and swarmed. And I don't think Mayweather can dance away too much now - he was slow in that fight.

Pacquiao has that ability - to close-in, pin and pummel an opponent, and unload punch after punch, after round after round.

Mayweather is in a bind - don't fight Pacman and he will forever be doubted with his claim as the best for the rest of his life. But if he fights, and he runs and defends only (ala Clottey) - he will never live down the jeers and chants of being a patsy whether he wins or loses. If he fights and goes toe-to-toe, well he may have a chance. He needs to do it with one punch and make sure Pacman stays down (very unlikely). Odds are always gonna be for Pacman to win in a brawl. And it Mayweather loses in a brawl - end of the line for him.

If it weren't for that headbutt who knew what would have happened....

• 1 month later...

Yes, mukhang matutuloy na nga.... ;) Read this via espn boxing news.....

Floyd Mayweather Jr. does not plan on taking another 16-month vacation from the boxing ring, like he did after easily outpointing Shane Mosley in May 2010.

Instead, Mayweather, who knocked out Victor Ortiz on Sept. 17, will make a relatively hasty return: May 5 at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, adviser Leonard Ellerbe told ESPN.com on Wednesday night.

Mayweather's opponent has not been determined but Ellerbe said, "We're looking to make the biggest fight possible and everyone knows what that fight is, the little fella."

Ellerbe was, of course, referring to Manny Pacquiao. The welterweight champions and the top two pound-for-pound fighters in the world have been on a collision course for years. However, negotiations have fallen apart over drug testing protocol.

Pacquiao is set to fight Juan Manuel Marquez for the third time Nov. 12 at the MGM Grand and is a heavy favorite.

"Floyd made it very clear that he wants to give the fans the biggest fights that are out there. He wants to stay active," Ellerbe said. "We're going to do everything in our power to make the biggest fight out there for the fans and we all know what the fight is."

Mayweather, a five-division champion, has fought only five times since 2007.

Ellerbe said Mayweather informed him and fellow adviser Al Haymon on Wednesday of his decision to return in May.

"We had a discussion, Floyd, me and Al," Ellerbe said. "Floyd made it very clear to us what he wanted to do. He told us he is looking to make the biggest fight that is out there and to make it in May."

Ellerbe also informed Golden Boy promoter Richard Schaefer, who does not have a contract with Mayweather but has promoted his last five bouts, of the plan.

"I'm very excited that the sport's biggest pay-per-view star is going to be back on May 5," Schaefer told ESPN.com. "We have informed the pay-per-view industry and I have the arena on hold. I'm excited to continue my relationship with Floyd and his team. It's always fun to work with Floyd."

Although May 5 is seven months away, Mayweather's fights have typically been promoted for several months in advance of the fight. The first weekend of May is traditionally a weekend for a major pay-per-view fight.

"We have to plan any time you're the biggest star in the sport," Ellerbe said. "You have to plan in advance because his fights are events. In order to maximize the exposure you want to plan as far in advance as you can to make your event as big as possible. May 5, that is the date Floyd is fighting on. We have secured May 5 at the MGM. Floyd is excited to make his return."

Mayweather (42-0, 26 KOs), who turns 35 in February, reclaimed one of his old welterweight titles with his knockout of Ortiz in a fight that Golden Boy said generated 1.25 million buys and $78.44 million in domestic pay-per-view revenue. The buys tied the fight for third place all-time among non-heavyweight pay-per-views and gave Mayweather his third consecutive 1 million-plus pay-per-view fight and fourth in his last five bouts.

Although Mayweather plans to fight, he still faces several legal cases. He was acquitted last week of misdemeanor harassment charges alleging that he had threatened the lives of two security guards in the gated community in Las Vegas where he lives. But he faces a trial for a misdemeanor battery complaint alleging he poked another homeowner association security guard in the face during a different confrontation over parking tickets last November. Mayweather has pleaded not guilty.

In the most serious case, Mayweather faces four felony and four misdemeanor charges stemming from an alleged domestic dispute with his former girlfriend, who is the mother of two of his children.

Dan Rafael is the senior boxing writer for ESPN.com

Edited by carlitosway_94116
MANILA, Philippines – Manny Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz said there is no truth to claims made by the camp of Floyd Mayweather Jr. that they have agreed for a superfight in May next year.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); ">Koncz said they haven’t been in touch with Mayweather’s camp.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); ">“How can he set the date, how can he set the venue without consulting with your opponent?” Koncz told veteran sports scribe Ronnie Nathanielsz in Boxingscene.com. <br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); ">Mayweather’s adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, earlier announced that his client is “looking forward to make the biggest fight possible” on May 5, 2012.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); ">"Everyone knows what that fight is, the little fella," Ellerbe said, referring to Pacquiao.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); ">But Koncz said Mayweather’s camp “has not spoken to anybody that has the authority to negotiate.”<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); ">“They have not spoken to Bob Arum and they have not spoken to me,” he said.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); ">Koncz said Mayweather is just trying to get attention as Pacquiao’s fight date against Juan Manuel Marquez approaches.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); ">Koncz said that unlike Mayweather, Pacquiao has no time for such nonsense.<br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); "><br style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 13px; background-color: rgb(244, 244, 244); ">“We’ve been working on endorsements which are not Mickey Mouse $100,000 but multi-million dollar deals,” said Koncz.

Im not going to believed that article until floyd signs the contract. LOLhuh.gif

Edited by StraightEdge

lol sorry for the last post. here the clear one.

MANILA, Philippines – Manny Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz said there is no truth to claims made by the camp of Floyd Mayweather Jr. that they have agreed for a superfight in May next year.

Koncz said they haven’t been in touch with Mayweather’s camp.

“How can he set the date, how can he set the venue without consulting with your opponent?” Koncz told veteran sports scribe Ronnie Nathanielsz in Boxingscene.com.

Mayweather’s adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, earlier announced that his client is “looking forward to make the biggest fight possible” on May 5, 2012.

"Everyone knows what that fight is, the little fella," Ellerbe said, referring to Pacquiao.

But Koncz said Mayweather’s camp “has not spoken to anybody that has the authority to negotiate.”

“They have not spoken to Bob Arum and they have not spoken to me,” he said.

Koncz said Mayweather is just trying to get attention as Pacquiao’s fight date against Juan Manuel Marquez approaches.

Koncz said that unlike Mayweather, Pacquiao has no time for such nonsense.

“We’ve been working on endorsements which are not Mickey Mouse $100,000 but multi-million dollar deals,” said Koncz.

TRUE! the pacman camp was so surprised with gayweathers announcement. wethinks its a way of pushing us against the wall into submission. there was no new negotiations. only feelers from the gay's camp. but we haven't agreed yet.

lol sorry for the last post. here the clear one.

MANILA, Philippines – Manny Pacquiao’s adviser Michael Koncz said there is no truth to claims made by the camp of Floyd Mayweather Jr. that they have agreed for a superfight in May next year.

Koncz said they haven’t been in touch with Mayweather’s camp.

“How can he set the date, how can he set the venue without consulting with your opponent?” Koncz told veteran sports scribe Ronnie Nathanielsz in Boxingscene.com.

Mayweather’s adviser, Leonard Ellerbe, earlier announced that his client is “looking forward to make the biggest fight possible” on May 5, 2012.

"Everyone knows what that fight is, the little fella," Ellerbe said, referring to Pacquiao.

But Koncz said Mayweather’s camp “has not spoken to anybody that has the authority to negotiate.”

“They have not spoken to Bob Arum and they have not spoken to me,” he said.

Koncz said Mayweather is just trying to get attention as Pacquiao’s fight date against Juan Manuel Marquez approaches.

Koncz said that unlike Mayweather, Pacquiao has no time for such nonsense.

“We’ve been working on endorsements which are not Mickey Mouse $100,000 but multi-million dollar deals,” said Koncz.