Apple iPad

strangely enough .... I've seen a couple of friends with their IPADs. And all I get to see are the multitudes of games they have. None of them ever showed me a movie or video being played on the IPAD.

And when I asked them why, they said they don't know how to transfer videos.

\

i dont know how they do it,but i paid 100 in Vmall to watch tons of new movies, on my 64g, as i recall i have about 30movies installed excluding my kids music videos, my other friend who has a 32g install all you can applications and games, movies, music all you want at robinsons manila, we have 2 laptops in our house, nobody wants to use the laptop anymore, due to the reason that we have to wait few seconds to turn on and off, ipad is more handy and with wifi you can almost surf without the problem of low battery and carrying charging cables to charge you batteries.

Edited by jhn888

i also have that 64 gig ipad myself and i use it when i do powerpoint presentations in board meetings, i won it from a tabletennis tourny at work. What i learned is that you have to really drain the batt of the ipad before charging it again, hindi panay charge lang ng charge. I fully utilized everything thats on the ipad and the only game i have is angry birds! I almost gave this ipad to my boyfriend but at first he was complaining about it, like its a huge iphone and all, when i won the ipad, he got excited and wanting to have it, nge! ayoko nga.buti na lang hindi ko binigay. And also may application din ako na KORG so i can also compose music. I get irritated when people just use the ipad for games..nge! kaya nga bumili nun para magamit mo for work, haaay nauuso lang kasi, nakikisakay sa uso..

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Serenity12

I've always been an Apple girl when it comes to laptops but for some reason, I just got my iPad recently and I love it! I've always loved reading and now with the iPad, I can download my favorite e-books and magazines and bring it instead of several books when I travel. Talk about convenience!

Edited by Serenity12

After wanting one when it was first announced, i changed my mind.

Why? I spent a day with one (borrowed from a friend) and there are just some things i can't do with it that i can do with a laptop or netbook; it can't multitask, can't handle flash, i can't fiddle with its internals or OS settings, and speed-typing on it without any form of external keyboard was a frustrating task (after 30 minutes of typing a word document i felt like gnawing my fingers off!). The interface was zippy and responsive though just like my IPod. And there lay the problem...it's just a glorified and oversized IPOD/IPhone, there's nothing innovative about it (my two cents). I think i'll stick with using laptops and netbooks where i can actually perform computer-centric tasks.

The iPad is a media consumption device. It is not meant to replace the traditional computer in the creation of media (text, graphics, video, audio). Anyone who does not understand the ethos of the device will definitely end up frustrated. Usually, Windows users checking the device out after driven by its popularity have this misconception. After all, Windows tablets have been created and failed in the market for a decade. They failed because their manufacturers had not realized that tablets would have a different mode of use than laptops. You have fallen into this trap as well although I must say that after logging some time using that touchscreen keyboard, I had become better at it you would have improved too.

• 2 weeks later...
B) a quick question to help me decide on such matter...to those who own an ipad, for what purpose could i use it, aside from the usual games, movies, music, and photos, if i seldom go online, have no social networking account such as facebook, and my work entails a lot of photoshop work and marketing and advertising activities...what apps could i possibly store in it that would make it a really useful gizmo...thanks... B)

B) a quick question to help me decide on such matter...to those who own an ipad, for what purpose could i use it, aside from the usual games, movies, music, and photos, if i seldom go online, have no social networking account such as facebook, and my work entails a lot of photoshop work and marketing and advertising activities...what apps could i possibly store in it that would make it a really useful gizmo...thanks... B)

ipad has its own market. if the above-mentioned are what you do or what you look for, i suggest you look for different kind of machine

Guest Serenity12

How can i download flash player for ipad? some website are not open to ipad because of this.

sorry, i don't think there's any at the moment that will work with the iPad.

B) thanks...i guess i would have to stick to a tablet pc instead...though the convenience of having to carry a gadget that could do all those mentioned the size and weight of an ipad would be a great plus...but still im thinking of having one just for the fun of it... B)

ipad has its own market. if the above-mentioned are what you do or what you look for, i suggest you look for different kind of machine

You may wait for the release of the HP Touchpad which runs on WebOS, an OS that can work and run for multiple devices across several form factors

B) thanks...i guess i would have to stick to a tablet pc instead...though the convenience of having to carry a gadget that could do all those mentioned the size and weight of an ipad would be a great plus...but still im thinking of having one just for the fun of it... B)

The iPad is a media consumption device. It is not meant to replace the traditional computer in the creation of media (text, graphics, video, audio). Anyone who does not understand the ethos of the device will definitely end up frustrated. Usually, Windows users checking the device out after driven by its popularity have this misconception. After all, Windows tablets have been created and failed in the market for a decade. They failed because their manufacturers had not realized that tablets would have a different mode of use than laptops. You have fallen into this trap as well although I must say that after logging some time using that touchscreen keyboard, I had become better at it you would have improved too.

hi Boom, do you think with the release of iMovie & GarageBand for iPad this turns out to be a semi media creation gadget?? :unsure:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/20110302-10482827--img4660.jpg

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/20110302-10550536--img4688.jpg

After wanting one when it was first announced, i changed my mind.

Why? I spent a day with one (borrowed from a friend) and there are just some things i can't do with it that i can do with a laptop or netbook; it can't multitask, can't handle flash, i can't fiddle with its internals or OS settings, and speed-typing on it without any form of external keyboard was a frustrating task (after 30 minutes of typing a word document i felt like gnawing my fingers off!). The interface was zippy and responsive though just like my IPod. And there lay the problem...it's just a glorified and oversized IPOD/IPhone, there's nothing innovative about it (my two cents). I think i'll stick with using laptops and netbooks where i can actually perform computer-centric tasks.

I think I am happier if I had a laptop with touchscreen.

Guest Serenity12

i have the same question, although my work doesnt entail what he just said.

what will make me decide to buy this over other tablets (galaxy, etc.)?

i dont play games, im not on facebook, and all i have are books and journals and work files. Would this be worth it?

siguro dapat Kindle na lang :P

I use my iPad more as an e-book reader than anything else. So far, I have around 600 books stored in it ( and all of these books were downloaded for free, unlike if you use the Kindle which would have several restrictions I think in format and access). I also get to download the latest foreign magazines for free. When I travel , I also find it easier to just bring it for my e-books and for web browsing. I'm very happy with my iPad and I don't think I could live without it .

Hope this helps, doc. ^_^