Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

hmmm going rugged eh?  :D

both look excellent.  I'm guessing that panerai is one helluva big watch. how does the iwc compare to it sizewise and is it a factor in your choice? I like the panerai but personally am distracted by the raised numbered bezel markers but maybe that's just me. Otherwise it would be a perfect choice with its classic look. Since you already have an iwc, i don't think getting another one would hurt. I don't know but maybe I'm just partial to yellow dials or accents.

I'm pretty sure you can afford them so why not get both? they have different looks anyway and would be suitable for different casual activities.  :P

seriously, try both of them on first before deciding. one of them will definitely speak to you when it is on your wrist.  that would be the one for you.

too much to have 2 divers watches!!! :boo: one will be just right.

great points about the bezel. i think i would have to agree with you on the iwc. thanks.

I had a string of wrist watches worn, broken and lost.... I have to say casio G-shock is tough and best for everyday wear... kaso I broke mine (g-shock wademaster) 3 mos ako while replacing batteries...

my watches in the last 5 years...

- guess watch (dont remember the model)

- seiko kenetic

- citizen pro-master dive watch

- casio g-shock wademaster

my current...

Swatch Irony Nabab model

post-82722-1138424256.jpg

got this from incheon duty free for $110 buck, stainless steel all around. :cool:

Maraming Salamat.

How about QC or Greenhills area, meron ba?

I remember 4 years ago, my friend was selling his explorer II (roughly 2 months old) for 120K complete with receipt and papers. Nangailangan kasi ng pera. well thinking of it i should have looked for resources, i wasnt expecting na tataas pala presyo non (brand new @ 250k) soon.

manila watch exchange hyatt or glorieta 3 (in front of landmark).

gallerie des temps (not sure bout the spelling) 2f shangrila makati.

secondo 2f glorieta 4.

Maraming Salamat.

How about QC or Greenhills area, meron ba?

I remember 4 years ago, my friend was selling his explorer II (roughly 2 months old) for 120K complete with receipt and papers. Nangailangan kasi ng pera. well thinking of it i should have looked for resources, i wasnt expecting na tataas pala presyo non (brand new @ 250k) soon.

rolex increases prices of its brand new watches every year at around 10-12%

what is it with big-ass watches nowadays? i want them too even though i have scrawny wrists

well, it's alot easier to tell the time :lol: pilot/airmen's watches, i was told, have to be huge for this reason. some would have a ceramic casing to prevent magnetism and sealed to minimize or preclude the effects of changes in air pressure. airmen's watches are said to be worn over the jacket cuff.

large diameter watches were never out-of-style but more of out-of-fashion til lately.

i personally would limit myself to a 42mm diameter. my present watch is 39mm but it took me quite awhile to get used to it especially since i was coming from a slim dress watch.

well, it's alot easier to tell the time :lol:  pilot/airmen's watches, i was told, have to be huge for this reason. some would have a ceramic casing to prevent magnetism and sealed to minimize or preclude the effects of changes in air pressure.  airmen's watches are said to be worn over the jacket cuff. 

large diameter watches were never out-of-style but more of out-of-fashion til lately. 

i personally would limit myself to a 42mm diameter.  my present watch is 39mm but it took me quite awhile to get used to it especially since i was coming from a slim dress watch.

I read aswell in a fashion mag (in australia) that large diameter watches are getting back in because men these days want to set attraction and be noticed, also bigger larger diameter watches create that bling effect and expensive look than say a smaller diameter watch.

Again thats based on australian fashion standards with men...ofcourse there are obvious reasons for larger diameter watches that you masi pointed out.

5 watches on constant rotation (the only 5 that I have)

--"Waving Chairman Mao" Mechanical Hand Wound (bought for 30 yuan at the Great Wall... still works great)

--Quartz-powered Christ (Swiss) w/ Moonphase indicator

--Aflex Square for Men w/ date

--Cartier Solo Duo

--Rolex Air-King 14000M

Next on my list; the Vacheron Constantin Overseas; or the Piaget Upstream.

(but got to get some money going first...)

bought one a couple of years ago in hk for around 700+ hkd. you might want to check the performance with the bo man. its with him now.

you think its still the same price now? internet price kasi is 149 USD. maganda naman ang mga reviews about it online. the best bang for the buck.

almost fell for that one.  selling at hua san jewelry and pen store in ongpin for around 3k

do they also give the same freebies? it's a handwind right?

man, i need to go to ongpin sometime or di kaya sa avenida.

Edited by dennis612