Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

just my two cents worth of comment....if you have it, flaunt it....just make sure that what you flaunt you can back it up with the money you have in your bank account.

my point is when will you wear those expensive stuff or watches....when your old and wrinkled or when about to die? no use keeping them inside the vault....enjoy them now while you still can. ;)

just my two cents worth of comment....if you have it, flaunt it....just make sure that what you flaunt you can back it up with the money you have in your bank account.

my point is when will you wear those expensive stuff or watches....when your old and wrinkled or when about to die? no use keeping them inside the vault....enjoy them now while you still can.  ;)

i agree. just like the ad of patek which states that you never own an expensive watch. you keep it for the next generation.

there was not so recent post on watch winders.... check out lucerne, they have a variety from singles to 4-watch winders. as for price, well, let me just say that you've already spent so much for that expensive watch on your wrist!!!!

quite phenomenal in asia but not worldwide.  just like lacoste and benz, asians recognize it as THE brand because of its price and visibility.  just as there are ferraris and lamborghinis for cars, dunhills, and montagut for shirts, there are brands like iwc, piaget, ap, lange, chonoswiss, jaeger, patek, blancpain, etc.  being recognized by the privileged doesnt necessarily mean it is popular with the common man.

owning a rolex doesnt necessarily mean your rich;  i know a junior manger who saved up for a pre-owned air king.  you might also want to think of it this way; imagine wearing a diamond-studded, solid gold day date in a divisoria, that's screaming to the world you're wealthy.  now imagine wearing the same watch to a tuxedo dinner or function at a 5 star hotel where you see the ladies' jewelry sparkle more than the disco ball.  :)

i truly agree with you, boss atong! in my line of work, i met with CEOs, COOs, CFOs of NYSE and NASDAQ listed corporations in the U.S. and to my surprise, their watches were stainless steel or 2 tone rolexes nothing more fancy. i also met with the same kind in taiwan and similar stainless steel watches! but in the philippines, mayors governors congressmen wear all gold rolexes, a manager or sometimes a fresh grad would be wearing an explorer or GMT... :wacko:

misplaced priorities or too easy money?

thank GOD for having rich parents!

wow...i am impressed with the watches you have... ;) cool...

i am not very specific with watches... i only have simple ones....all my watches are just given to me by my brother so I can't ask for more..hehee :D what i have in my box are:

Raymond Weil

Tag Heur

Guess

Titan -- dual dial (no choice..cant find a good dual dial watch in the country :( )

you guys know where i can get a good but less expensive dual dial watch?

i truly agree with you, boss atong!  in my line of work, i met with CEOs, COOs, CFOs of NYSE and NASDAQ listed corporations in the U.S. and to my surprise, their watches were stainless steel or 2 tone rolexes nothing more fancy.  i also met with the same kind in taiwan and similar stainless steel watches!  but in the philippines, mayors governors congressmen wear all gold rolexes, a manager or sometimes a fresh grad would be wearing an explorer or GMT... :wacko:

take a look at some of the night market food stall owners in taiwan or hongkong. quite a number of them have authentic rolexes o their wrists. on the other hand, i know quite a few multimillionaires wearing just a simple oris or tissot. quite a diversified world we have here.

as for the public servants, they'll gonna need a precise timekeeping watch to know how much time they have before their souls burn in eternal damnation.

it also really depends on the financial capability or background of the manager or fresh grad. if you mean a bank manager without 'rich parents' and earning around less than 50k a month , it's rather disturbing for his own good; unless he's wearing a good fake, but that's another story. B)

Sharing with you the precision that goes inside the Perpetual Calendar Watch of IWC Portuguese.

Lifted from the IWC website.

"Here, then, is the child of this evolution: the Portuguese Perpetual Calendar, Reference 5021. It has the new Calibre 50611 movement, which combines the basic design of the special IWC perpetual calendar module with the revolutionary –and still traditional—Calibre 5000. Yet, the movement is more than a simple combination. It uses the larger size of the Portuguese case, and the wider diameter of the Portuguese 5000 base movement, to enhance the perpetual module. There are more teeth on the moonphase gearing, so that the inaccuracy is now a mere one day in 577.5 years (underscoring mine). There are now more bridges to facilitate assembly and service. "

wow...i am impressed with the watches you have... ;) cool...

i am not very specific with watches... i only have simple ones....all my watches are just given to me by my brother so I can't ask for more..hehee  :D  what i have in my box are:

Raymond Weil

Tag Heur

Guess

Titan -- dual dial (no choice..cant find a good dual dial watch in the country :( )

you guys know where i can get a good but less expensive dual dial watch?

Philip Stern has good dual watches at about P60k. This watch was made popular by Oprah and now most showbiz people wear one!

I don't wear jewelry, not even a wedding band nor a college ring. My only accessory is a watch. I prefer the all steel sports watch or chronographs since high school days.

My first chrono was a Citizen automatic na inarbor ko sa father ko (1974). Kaso when he bought a Rado diastar (1976) na scratch proof ipinalit ko yun and he gave the citizen to his brother-in-law. I used the Diastar in college, sometimes hinihiram ko yung old stainless steel Rolex Precision black face na hindi automatic, a Seiko 5 and another Rado, a gold Captain Cook which i used in parties.

In the 80s, naarbor ko na yung Rolex pero nauso noon yung Gucci tsaka Swatch, kaya switch ako. Minsan hiniram ng dad ko yung Rolex niya pero naiwan niya sa resort sa La Union --GONE :( .

In 1990, I bought my first TAG, a 2000 kaya lang medium sized kaya I don't wear it anymore.

In 1992, I got an EBEL Discovery white face with roman numerals. Nasa watchworks siya ngayon for a year na. Walang parts daw :grr:

In 1995, I bought a his and her Omega Constellation 2 tone. I broke the crown of my consti and grabe kamahal ang repair so sira pa rin siya.

In 1996, a Breitling Colt which I swapped for a painting of my father a year later because…

In 1997, I bought my Rolex Explorer 2 for P 68k before magprice increase due to the financial crisis. I also bought an Omega Speedmaster chrono for 40k. I also bought my wife an EBEL Sportswatch on sale noon. Malakas kasing kita noon kaya buying spree kesa naman mawala lang due to devaluation ng peso.

My last acquisition was a TAG link chrono (2002) and a Baume Hamptom with Bronze face (2004) for my wife.

Now, nawalan na ako ng gana because of the cost to maintain fine watches.

i truly agree with you, boss atong!  in my line of work, i met with CEOs, COOs, CFOs of NYSE and NASDAQ listed corporations in the U.S. and to my surprise, their watches were stainless steel or 2 tone rolexes nothing more fancy.  i also met with the same kind in taiwan and similar stainless steel watches!  but in the philippines, mayors governors congressmen wear all gold rolexes, a manager or sometimes a fresh grad would be wearing an explorer or GMT... :wacko:

kung sa akin mas gusto ko stainless, simple ang dating.

Philip Stern has good dual watches at about P60k.  This watch was made popular by Oprah and now most showbiz people wear one!

that would be Philip Stein

madonna gave oprah one of these watches. it's supposed to deflect electro magnetic emanations and continuous wear is supposed to make one feel better. oprah's is adorned with 2ct tw of diamonds on the bezel. oprah has since given away the less expensive variety on her show to to the audience.

Edited by eagleyes
that would be Philip Stein

madonna gave oprah one of these watches. it's supposed to deflect electro magnetic emanations and continuous wear is supposed to make one feel better. oprah's is adorned with 2ct tw of diamonds on the bezel. oprah has since given away the less expensive variety on her show to to the audience.

Thanks for the correction, eagleyes!!!

I think you can buy just a bracelet.

I don't wear jewelry, not even a wedding band nor a college ring. My only accessory is a watch. I prefer the all steel sports watch or chronographs since high school days.

My first chrono was a Citizen automatic na inarbor ko sa father ko (1974). Kaso when he bought a Rado diastar (1976) na scratch proof ipinalit ko yun and he gave the citizen to his brother-in-law. I used the Diastar in college, sometimes hinihiram ko yung old stainless steel Rolex Precision black face na hindi automatic, a Seiko 5 and another Rado, a gold Captain Cook which i used in parties.

In the 80s, naarbor ko na yung Rolex pero nauso noon yung Gucci tsaka Swatch, kaya switch ako. Minsan hiniram ng dad ko yung Rolex niya pero naiwan niya sa resort sa La Union --GONE :( .

In 1990, I bought my first TAG, a 2000 kaya lang medium sized kaya I don't wear it anymore.

In 1992, I got an EBEL Discovery white face with roman numerals. Nasa watchworks siya ngayon for a year na. Walang parts daw :grr:

In 1995, I bought a his and her Omega Constellation 2 tone. I broke the crown of my consti and grabe kamahal ang repair so sira pa rin siya.

In 1996, a Breitling Colt which I swapped for a painting of my father a year later because…

In 1997, I bought my Rolex Explorer 2 for P 68k before magprice increase due to the financial crisis. I also bought an Omega Speedmaster chrono for 40k. I also bought my wife an EBEL Sportswatch on sale noon. Malakas kasing kita noon kaya buying spree kesa naman mawala lang due to devaluation ng peso.

My last acquisition was a TAG link chrono (2002) and a Baume Hamptom with Bronze face (2004) for my wife.

Now, nawalan na ako ng gana because of the cost to maintain fine watches.

padre,

is your explorer 2 still with you? white or black face? suggestion ko sayo is to have your broken watches repaired, ganyan talaga, expensive watch=expensive repair/s when it breaks down. just had 2 of mine done last year, it cost a lot but what can i do? ganda nga ng relo mo, di mo naman magamit kasi may diperensya. besides, investment na din yan, once you have it repaired, keep it and give it to your kids when they are old enough.

ako din i gave a few watches to my wife, funny thing is, she doesn't use them any more, she borrows mine, dahil nga kasi uso now yung girls wearing guys watches.

padre,

is your explorer 2 still with you? white or black face? suggestion ko sayo is to have your broken watches repaired, ganyan talaga, expensive watch=expensive repair/s when it breaks down. just had 2 of mine done last year, it cost a lot but what can i do? ganda nga ng relo mo, di mo naman magamit kasi may diperensya. besides, investment na din yan, once you have it repaired, keep it and give it to your kids when they are old enough.

ako din i gave a few watches to my wife, funny thing is, she doesn't use them any more, she borrows mine, dahil nga kasi uso now yung girls wearing guys watches.

Yup the rollie is still with me. Black face. My wife uses the Hampton and I'm suggesting her to use the speedmaster chrono as well kasi it's silver face, very elegant. Kaya lang ayaw. Nabibigatan :D

The Philip Stein bracelet is available at Lucerne.

I'll try to buy back the Breitling Colt. Nagmahal na siya ngayon. Mga 80k na.

Edited by storm