Do You Have The Time?

bonito99

I think they still are.  I might buy their heart rate with watch.  Alam mo na I need to watch my heart rate when I exericise. Di na kasi teenager.  At P3,800 yata, it is a much cheaper alternative to a Polar HR monitor.  Plus you're helping our countrymen keep their jobs.  Timex was famous (and is still famous) for its Ironman series which has metamorphosed into sports watch variants.  I heard there was this CEO/owner of one of the top 10 companies who uses a Timex.

my watch dealer friend told me that casio's version of heart monitor is not accurate. it has also remained the same model for the past 5 years.

many people who are affluent are still very simple. i know a top 100 corp owner who takes a cab and another who drives a revo.

the main function of a watch is to tell accurate time.  as long as it does its job, there's no contesting its a fine watch. 

timex are also good beaters.  i heard somewhere before that they were made in bataan.  quite popular in usa, it is just recently that they have been aggresive in marketing locally.

padre,

they are made in cebu, they actually just inaugurated their new plant there, was invited as am into the transportation business. yup, iron man is still their top selling product as per their vp for transportation.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to buy a watch. I've got an old G-shock, A polo sta. barbara old watch given by my dad. Both have no batteries.

I'm thinking of Breitling or Omega. This watch I'm going to buy will be for good. hehe... Don't suggest Rolex coz I cant afford it.

I am more inclined on buying a Breitling though coz a friend of mine, he's got an Omega Seamaster and the crown fell off.

I want to buy a watch. I've got an old G-shock, A polo sta. barbara old watch given by my dad. Both have no batteries.

I'm thinking of Breitling or Omega. This watch I'm going to buy will be for good. hehe... Don't suggest Rolex coz I cant afford it.

I am more inclined on buying a Breitling though coz a friend of mine, he's got an Omega Seamaster and the crown fell off.

if youre intending to buying a watch for good, i suggest buying an automatic which has more value and can be kept as a legacy for your future children, be it a tag or a rolex. with that in mind, you might also want to buy one which is elegant yet sporty for everyday wear. if youre after a breitiling which will probably cost between 50-100k, why not a preowned rolex? oris is also a good brand for the price but they are now deviating more to marketing than improving their watches, thus the price increase. may i suggest other fine brands like tissot, rado, mido, hamilton, sandoz or seiko which are less advertised but less expensive. better bang for the buck.

as for the omega, it is finely crafted and exquisite, but somtimes durability and craftsmanship dont always rub elbows.

good luck on the search for your holy grail and just let us know if you need any help.

good luck on the search for your holy grail and just let us know if you need any help.

At the moment I am certain that I want a good watch that would last me and that would be Breitling.

The one I'm looking at is the Breitling Avenger Seawolf. The price is not bad, it is actually one of the affordable Breitling you can buy. It is $2845.00 US which is around P160,000.00!

TECHNICAL AND DETAILED INFORMATION:

CONDITION: BRAND NEW

SERIAL NUMBER: COMPLETLY INTACT

CASE: 44.00MM TITANIUM CASE

THICKNESS: 18.40MM THICK

STRAP: TITANIUM PROFESSIONAL BRACELET

CLASP: FOLD OVER DOUBLE LOCK CLASP

DIAL: BLACK WITH ARABIC NUMBERS, GLOW IN THE DARK HANDS & MARKERS

CRYSTAL: SAPPHIRE SCRATCH PROOF CRYSTAL

CROWN: SCREW DOWN WATER PROOF CROWN

BEZEL: UNI-DIRECTIONAL ROTATING TIMING BEZEL

MOVEMENT: BREITLING CALIBER 17 AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT

CALENDER: AT 3 O'CLOCK

CHRONOGRAPH: N/A

FUNCTIONS: HOUR, MIN, SEC, DATE

WATER RESISTANT: 3000 METERS / 10,000 FEET

WARRANTY: WATCH COMES WITH A COMPLETE 2 YEAR WARRANTY (READ BELOW FOR DETAILS)

http://edit.store.yahoo.com/lib/movadobaby/267brac.jpg

Do we have a Breitling Sales Centre in the Philippines? I wonder if these watches are much cheaper in there coz I'd rather buy it when I get there this december.

lucerne is the authorized distributor of Breitling. I would suggest that you go around shops and check out the different brands... omega, breitling, iwc, rolex. I think you can still get a Rolex s.s. date just for that price, especially if you pay cash.

do correct me if am wrong, but i guess lucerne is your best shot for breitling watches.

that's where you get killed. as chronos, they are the authorized dealer, but not service center. they send the watch to singapore service center and i heard that they sometimes just repair the watch for you through their own watchmen. this is also the reason their spare parts are very expensive. an single link for iwc flieger went around 5k a last year.

that's where you get killed.  as chronos, they are the authorized dealer, but not service center.  they send the watch to singapore service center and i heard that they sometimes just repair the watch for you through their own watchmen.  this is also the reason their spare parts are very expensive.  an single link for iwc flieger went around 5k a last year.

aa,

that is usually the case, you can buy it from them, but when you have it repaired or serviced, they either ship it to sin or hkg. if they can repair it themselves, they just order the parts, and their watchmen do it. may 1 year warranty naman.

just had one of my watches serviced in lucerne, had it done there as i thought it would be cheaper, turned out basically the same as when you have it done sa rolex service center, took around 2 weeks to be done. because they are also an official dealer of rolex, the guy told me they will order the damaged part in the service center in makati, if not available, in hkg daw. as usual bloody again, cost me almost 12k. :(

well, i guess, if you pay Pxxx,xxx.00 for a watch you  have to be prepared to pay for the service.  just like owning a benz or a bmw, servicing it would be far more expensive than it would for a toyota or a honda.

the point here is, why pay the same amount to have your watch serviced at lucerne in which youre not sure of the repairman's cempetence when you can do the same at the official service center? there were many instances where these guys opened up a fake rollie (not your regular greenhills stuff but high end hongkong fakes with real 18k gold case and real 'chop-chop' mechanism) and couldnt even detect it was a fake.

i think most would be prepared to shell out a bit more to service a rollie or iwc, but all would want to be sure what they get is real technical competence and original parts.

just recently my wife gave me a FOSSIL watch...

not much diff from my other watch... FOSSIL lang kasi siya..

but i like it... mabigat nga lang.... damang dama mo ang kamahalan..

bro,

as i keep saying, wag mong ilang-"LANG" ang fossil waatch mo.

as long as it serves its purpose and looks decent, wear it with pride.

specially yan gift from your wife, all the more should it be treasured.

After more than a week of surfing to get more information, visiting watch forums, checking prices on line , calling Authorized Distributors etc...I think I found a shop on line where I can get this watch cheaper and also a Distributor in Sydney has given me a good price.

The link below sells the Breitling Avenger Seawolf Titanium bracelet for $2079.00 USD (P116,000.00)

I'm not sure if I mentioned that when I called Lucerne in Manila, I was given the price of P188,000.00 fixed price/no discount.

http://www.worldwatches.com/product.jsp?uid=4081

If I order from the U.S. via the internet, it's a bit risky, I might have problems with Int'l Warranty and I have to pay Customs Duty Tax, Goods & Services Tax and shipping cost. All up, I would have to pay P116,000.00 + P25,500.00 = P141,500.00 ($2517.00 USD)

I called an Australian Distributor and was quoted a price of $3633.00 USD, the lady wouldn't give me a discount. hehe

I called another Australian Distributor and was given a price of $3103.00 USD and I started to haggle. I told him I could get the watch on line and all up including postage+taxes, it will only be around $2500.00 USD. The sales staff said, he could give it to me for $2370.00 USD!!! (P133,194.00)

I'm going there tomorrow to try it on and look at other Breitling models. I'm quite happy with what I did which proves that if you're resourceful, you get good deals.

A couple of Seawolf Images by the way....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v187/JohannesY/533d3691.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/stampe/Seawolf/00a11d66.jpg

which of the two are you planning to get? sometimes, asking around can get you more savings. i purchased an oris before at 32k. before buying it, i asked around on a trip to hk and the price was even much higher there at 50k less 20% which is 40k.

bo, hope you're enjoying that watch now. last i heard it was selling for 40K above. ;)