Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

ano kayo ngayon mga asi detractors at sa mga basketball experts na tumtawag kay asi na "lolo asi", double-double on both wins nice one to shut-up the so-called experts...

'Import' Asi carried Smart past Jordan:

BEIRUT, Lebanon (3rd FIBA Asia Stankovic Cup): With their PBA ‘import’ playing his role rather well, Philippines played well within themselves and earned a 75-71 win over defending champions Jordan in a Group ‘B’ game on Monday.

Philippines, thus won their second game for the second successive night, and are now 2-1. Jordan, who are using this event as a part of their preparations for the 2010 FIBA World Championship, have suffered their second successive loss.

Asi Taulava, brought into the line-up for this competition “to add size”, returned a double-double – a dozen rebounds with a Baker’s Dozen points – to lead the Philippines charge.

“He (Taulava) has definitely added size. He’s responded well to the team not too bad. I think we can look at using him in the long term too, ” Philippines coach Toroman Rajko said.

Marnel Baracel was the SEABA nation’s leading scorer with a 16-point haul.

Chris Tiu scored 13, and Mark Barocca returned an incredible 80% on the paint (4/5) in his 12 points.

Rasheim Wright, yet to gain full match fitness began to find his touch – something that pleased Jordan coach Mario Palma for the long term – and had a game-high 17 points.

“It’s alright. Am getting to feel better, ” Wright said.

Sam Daghles had 15 points and Ayman Idais had 11.

The two Zaids in the Jordanian line-up – Abbas and Al-Khas both pulled down 11 rebounds each.

“Such defeats don’t really matter. What we have to introspect is, if we did what we expected to do right, ” Palma said.

“I think our outside shooting has been very bad so far, ” Palma said.

Jordan converted a mere five attempts in three-pointers out of the 28 times they tried from the perimeter

matching smart gilas against the miami heat is a bad idea. i'll bet the pinoy players will be caught with their mouths wide open watching their nba idols perform even if the game is ongoing. and when the heat wins the game 157-21, the pinoy players will be so disheartened, they will give up bball altogether. :lol:

its pretty nice to know lolo asi got a loyal fan in you. :lol:

not a fan but a practical supporter for a greater good, ika nga let us do away with our "TALANGKA MENTALITY" and support those who are willing to make sacrifices or existing programs... this is also applicable to the daily Filipino lives...ciao

Add pa ng PBA players kasi sila ang experience in this kind of tournament ? Ba't di na lang puro PBA players ang ipadala kung ganon lang din? Nagsayang pa tayo ng pera para sa supposedly long term program na ito.-_-

Tutal si Manny P ang benefactor, napakadali niyang papuntahin ang buong TnT team

Edited by Liar

you gotta admire asi taulava.he's in the twilight years of his playing career and injury prone at this stage. but look at him now. still willing to serve the philippine flag...and where are the other pba stars? currently taking their sweet vacation...talk about patriotism, PWEH!

not a fan but a practical supporter for a greater good, ika nga let us do away with our "TALANGKA MENTALITY" and support those who are willing to make sacrifices or existing programs... this is also applicable to the daily Filipino lives...ciao

yes youre an asi fan. dont deny it. you dont have to defend him. his performance will speak for itself. no offense meant to asi but i called asi lolo asi bec of his age. and i questioned kung anu pa maitutulong niya, he answered me with superb performances. sa madaling salita butata ako sa ginawa niya.

masyado atang malalim sinasabi mo, its out of topic na yung support those who are willing to make sacrifices or existing programs... this is also applicable to the daily Filipino lives... hindi kasali sa usapan yun. dont get so emotional.

and about "TALANGKA MENTALITY", look at my avatar. you know which team uses that. im just a smart gilas fan as you are.

by the way, are you an italian? cause you said ciao instead of bye. just kidding. :)

peace my brother. lets support smart gilas with or without asi.

yes youre an asi fan. dont deny it. you dont have to defend him. his performance will speak for itself. no offense meant to asi but i called asi lolo asi bec of his age. and i questioned kung anu pa maitutulong niya, he answered me with superb performances. sa madaling salita butata ako sa ginawa niya.

masyado atang malalim sinasabi mo, its out of topic na yung support those who are willing to make sacrifices or existing programs... this is also applicable to the daily Filipino lives... hindi kasali sa usapan yun. dont get so emotional.

and about "TALANGKA MENTALITY", look at my avatar. you know which team uses that. im just a smart gilas fan as you are.

by the way, are you an italian? cause you said ciao instead of bye. just kidding. :)

peace my brother. lets support smart gilas with or without asi.

Kapatid the Talangka Mentality wasn't meant to pin you down but I used it to generally coin us Filipinos including me sorry for that, if you will insist I'm a fan of Asi because of his willingness to represent us anytime he is called upon in international tourneys with his whole Filipino heart not the same with the other PBA "professional basketball players" who plays halfheartedly in international games thats why we are in a current slump. Pinoy din akong proud to be pango...hehehe

Anyway mga kapatid talo SG sa Qatar NT (or should I say naturalized Africans Qatar Team) by only 5 points, and Asi only scored 6 points, sayang if he could have scored 6 more points SG would have won it. Good news is SG is still qualified for the quarter finals and maybe facing either Chinese Taipei or Iran in the next game...

Salamat

kala k b developemental team eto gear for the qualifying rounds s 2012 olympics.... bakit sinama nila c asi? no offense meant to the fans of ASI..... however if you want to develope the team you should stick with its original personnel.... we keep on plugging holes to improve the team by hiring old players... e d n eto developemental team.... nasaan n yong essence of having them play as a unit since day one.... as of now the composition of the team is uncertain.... might as well disband the team and do it the PBA way of getting the best players to compete.... e puro bangko naman yong mga originals n nagsign up with the team.... and SBP is allowing them to play in their respective team in the collegiate level.....

kala k b developemental team eto gear for the qualifying rounds s 2012 olympics.... bakit sinama nila c asi? no offense meant to the fans of ASI..... however if you want to develope the team you should stick with its original personnel.... we keep on plugging holes to improve the team by hiring old players... e d n eto developemental team.... nasaan n yong essence of having them play as a unit since day one.... as of now the composition of the team is uncertain.... might as well disband the team and do it the PBA way of getting the best players to compete.... e puro bangko naman yong mga originals n nagsign up with the team.... and SBP is allowing them to play in their respective team in the collegiate level.....

yes SG is a developmental squad but as of now they are undermanned at the Center Position for the FIBA - Stankovic Cup due to the unavailability of Douthit (due to the naturalization procedures, Philippiine passport is not yet issued), Rabeh and Slaughter (due to academic commitments, Rabeh also wants to be released from the squad to join the PBA draft). With this only leaves Ballesteros at the Center Position and an injury to Aguilar is also a factor why they requested PBA to loan Asi to SG. Asi's current role to the team is a player / mentor for the regular big men of SG, as of now Asi is only for the Stankovic Cup. This tourney also affects the FIBA rankings of the participating team that affects the seedings of every team in the Asian games and other FIBA tourneys.

phil vs. iran??????

hell no....

that's Iran's team B.

In the recent tourneys, Team A ang nakakalaban ng SG sans Haddadi and some other mainstays.

In short, merong pagasang makasilat pa din ang SG, even with its depleted lineup.

i think cryalx explained it very well.

importante ang participation ng RP para sa FIBA rankings. There was a plan to pull out but was deferred due to warnings of sanctions from FIBA.

Asi is temporary until Slaughter and Douthit can get back into action with the team.

Malabo na si Rabeh. Maski naman dati parang not his cup of tea talaga ang maglaro with SG.

But in a sense, I feel for the other players. Baracel, Casio, Tiu and Ballesteros, These guys delayed being drafted for the sake of playing for Gilas. They should at least be secured a slot with the team until 2012 regardless of who and how many players are inserted between today and next year.