Team Pilipinas Basketball

rakizta

Lebanon won over Jordan today. Meaning Lebanon the 4th plavce and qualified for quarterfinals ng Jordan is eliminated. We will face Lebanon for the quarter finals.

the game of Korea vs Kazaks later is no bearing game. Why? if Korea lost they will tie Lebanon. However they defeated Lebanon on their 2nd round match thus still placing them on 3rd place. If they win they will possibly tie with Qatar as. However, Qatar defeated Korea on their 2nd round matchup. Thus, still placing them on 3rd place. Qatar is currently 2nd place on their group China 1st with no defeat.

The match we still need to tune in to is the qatar vs china game. that is for 1st and 2nd place for their group. Look at it this way if whoever will be the 1st on that group will have a possibility to face Iran on the semis. The 2nd place will have the possibility to face us on the semis :mellow: .

Lets say no.1 on that group is china..so malakas ba ang qatar para sa matchup satin?and If ever na manalo tayo sa lebanon...does that mean nde na natin makakatagpo iran or korea? Kung ganun...malaking bagay talaga yun panalo natin sa iran if ever....

Nung Gilas 2.0 parang si Norwood and minsan si Ping lang yung masipag sa defense and dun sa mga intangibles na di lumalabas sa statsheet.

But with the addition of Abueva and Ping providing the leadership sa hustle department. Nahawa na yung buong team, ang sarap panuorin.

Sabi nga ng isang basketball sensei na si Coach Adolph Rup, "Your defense will save you on the nights that your offense isn't working.

While we all agree that abueva and romeo are big revelations...i think the credit should go to the coach tab...he lets the players play their game while stil adhering to their system..thats why calvin and romeo are shining...coach tab also never bench his players...i hardly saw him get mad if his players botched their assignment...he even finds uses for intal, thoss and MGR..may tiwala sya sa kanilang lahat kasi sya ang pumili eh...kaya parang inspired and ganado maglaro mga players nya every game...

Unlike a certain elchoke coach..na may pasipa sipa pa ng mga silya..sinisigawan pa mga players nya...at binabangko pa...

yes China won against Qatar 89-65. I noticed the Qatar did not played their naturalized player Clinton Johnson. Anyways here is the update bracket in wiki as I expected.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/1zxs41h.jpg

its good na hindi natin makakalaban ang China, Sokor at Iran sa Quarter and Semifinals. Huwag lang sila mag relax sa last two opponents nila at baka maulit yung nangyari with Palestine. malamang aabot tayo sa Finals with powerhouse China. sila ang dapat ma upset ng Gilas.

Lebanon's tallest players are only 6-8. At least on FIBA's official list. I'm thinking that Blatche should be over-matched tonight being 6-11 and highly skilled. The thing is Lebanon can change his looks often as they have 4 of such players.

Anyhow, their best scorer is their naturalized player in Youngblood, a 6-4 shooting guard. I'm assuming that Norwood's all-world defense will be matched-up with him.

Wag lang mawala yung gutom at sense of urgency eh may tiwala akong madali tayong lulusot sa Lebanon. Maganda ang chance natin makapasok ng semis.

Go Gilas Pilipinas! :)

its good na hindi natin makakalaban ang China, Sokor at Iran sa Quarter and Semifinals. Huwag lang sila mag relax sa last two opponents nila at baka maulit yung nangyari with Palestine. malamang aabot tayo sa Finals with powerhouse China. sila ang dapat ma upset ng Gilas.

Gumanda nga ang flow...We don't have to meet our kontra-pelo, Korea and the bigs- China and Iran (which will have a knockout semis match should they win their respective quarters assignments.

Gilas will only (they're strong as well but not like the above 3 perennial Asian powers) be dealing with Lebanon, then Qatar or Japan.

Lebanon's tallest players are only 6-8. At least on FIBA's official list. I'm thinking that Blatche should be over-matched tonight being 6-11 and highly skilled. The thing is Lebanon can change his looks often as they have 4 of such players.

Anyhow, their best scorer is their naturalized player in Youngblood, a 6-4 shooting guard. I'm assuming that Norwood's all-world defense will be matched-up with him.

Wag lang mawala yung gutom at sense of urgency eh may tiwala akong madali tayong lulusot sa Lebanon. Maganda ang chance natin makapasok ng semis.

Go Gilas Pilipinas! :)

One advantage we have over Lebanon is familiarity. Coach Tab has handled this team in the FIBA-World 2010 (nuong naglalaro pa si Fadi AlKhatib) as wildcard. I'm sure this familiarity will be used in good measure by Coach Tab.

Edited by artedpro